Wk Of Oct 14 - WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

WISH Racing Team

Abra Cat Kristi NC
akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
andromedaslove Dana FL
angietuck2 Angie FL
bekagain Bekah
bekkiz WA
BelleMA87
BiggerTigger Jeff FL
Big Vic Vic FL
blueroses WA
Buckalew11 Brenda TN
Calcio Craig MA
CarolA Carol GA
CaroleD Carole ON
cdn gal eeyore Leana Alberta
Chernabog#1Fan FL
ChiFiveO Donna IL
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cindylou Cindy
Cingoutload Dawn GA
CrazySecretRecipe Jennifer FL
CreativeBeth Beth PA
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
DaddyBeast Kevin TX
deekaypee ND
Dennyha Denny SC
DianeL Diane
DiRTyBuNNy TN
disneybelle Darcey NJ
DisneyGirl Marissa
disneyluv
disneyrun
disnutt Kiena OH
DJBounce Darcey IA
donac Dona NJ
DreamBeliever IL
dthogue Tammy PA
Duanerice Duane FL
eeyore45 Sandy IL
escape Susie AR
fabumouse NJ
FirstTimertoDiz Lisa PA
FungLu Brett OR
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
Goofyin08forErica Erica KY
gsu1988 Ken GA
Hey Mickey Erica NY
HMHunters
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laurie NY
Hockeymom311 Jen
Honeibee Judy NY
hoosmi Jen GA
ironz TX
jam217 PA
JCTigger Jill MA
jeanneg Jeanne NC
Jen117 Jen WI
Jennasis NC
jimmduck
jims2cool Jim IL
jodistar Jodi CT
kaf7878 Kelly FL
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
KathyRN137 Kathy NJ
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
Kimickey Kim MD
Kim10110 Kim
klh-or Karla OR
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
lenshanem Shan
Lexxiefern Becky MA
lillouisianagal Claire LA
Little Miss Mickey Ashley
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen NZ
lourodrigis Lou NJ
lustergirl NY
macrosswife Kimber AL
magslite Maggie IL
maherae Anne FL
MainStMandy Amanda NY
marathonmommy Laura NJ
MarkMichaels Mark IA
maryliz maryliz ON
MdmMim
Meghan74 Meghan
MelRhoads Melissa AR
MickeySP Lisa MA
Minigirl Eva
Minnie Suzy
mogulskr Scott NJ
momoftwogirls
monte Monica CO
Moonie NC
mousemgr Susan MI
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MrsTrx Tracey FL
MyZoeJane Ali IL
msblrobs Sara NY
nepatsfan73 Bill CT
nucpharm29 Stephanie AR
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom Molli OH
Optimator Mike
outonarun Teri CA
padisneyfan Nancy PA
panthergirl Susan NC
patsfaninpa Jen PA
Paull117 Paul WI
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plgrn Patti and Jenn
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
plutopdx OR
pollioni Robb ON
princessmomma Colleen NC
princessrunner Lisa ME
Pungodingy Angie NH
rake5 Rachael WA
RedDragon Martha MA
rKyDeX Chester FL
rosy1020 Kristin Japan
RunningLilo Dena FL
runwdw2008 Dona
sap1227 Christy FL
sara
sassparillo
ScoJo15 Scott GA
scoolover Scott CT
scuba diver Jim FL
SeeDisney
SilverE Steve ME
SirBouncealot Andrew IA
skfulkers Steve OH
solotraveler Kevin MI
Space Ranger John
stitch lover sith Erin
sugaswim Holly MD
TammyNC Tammy NC
taz4disney CJ IN
TEK224 Terri PA
Texa
thndrmatt Matt FL
tiberius Richard
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
Tinks Vicki IL
TNTsParty Tricia FL
TriMom Mary Kathryn TN
twotoohappy Liz MA
TXAng TX
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
Villains Rock Eva OH
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
westcliffemom Stacey CO
wfloyd Bill FL
windwalker Dave KY
WIsh I Lived in FL Felicia
Worfiedoodles Maria MA
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME
zoegirl Bree NC
Zoesmama03 Melissa AZ

Hi all,
It's sunday morning here in Japan and I was supposed to go out for a 14 miler this morning but we were out late last night unexpectedly and I didn't wake up in time to beat the brual heat so I'm going to try and go out for it later this afternoon. Problem is I'm lacking motivation and I suspect it won't be much cooler later today. We'll see...I have a few hours to psych myself up. Hope everyone had a good training weekend!
Kristin

Oh boy...lower humidity! Look at me...first 5 miles in 59:40 :car: But then I had a little engine trouble and had to slow down. Uh oh, then about mile 9, there was a big ol wall right in the middle of the sidewalk. I'm guessing I went out a bit too fast :rolleyes1 So total time was 2:41:15...not too bad. But this is the last run at a distance I've done before...from here on it's all new territory.

Life has seriously taken over lately. We are definitely out for TOT...just couldn't work out transportation for DD14 once we found out her band performance was at 8:30pm the night of the race. So we're going to stay home and do a 5K that morning instead, one we did last year. PR or the ER!

:welcome: Melissa!

Vic...quite a collection! How does Grumpy figure into it? How's the foot holding up?

Dave...congrats on your race!

Carrie...great to see you back!

Colleen...so sorry to hear about your issues preventing you from doing MCM! I hope you find an orthopedist you can work with...that one guy sounds like a dork.

Cam...good luck in your 5K!

Cindy...good luck in your race also!

Kristi...congrats on your 7 miles!

Angie...your Bulls are doing well! Unfortunately, they beat UCF today, my first alma mater.

Kevin...welcome to Florida! You're going to be living on the party side of the state!

Good training week everyone!

Mel - You were really cruising! Now on to uncharted territory :sail:. Enjoy the distances while they're new!

Vic - Impressive collection. I'm thinking you've got a bit of an addiction. Wouldn't it be cheaper just to drink or something?

I did the racing card thing for a few years around '90-'91 but didn't get hooked on the die-casts too much. Luckily, my card collection is compact enough to fit in a big box (under the stairs).

This morning I woke up with what I thought was a start to a nasty migraine or a sinus infection or both. I was light sensitive, couldn't handle the TV or my dog barking and was nauseous (sp?). So I took a some aspirin and laid back down. I woke up and it was still so bad I didn't think we would be able to go to Cedar Point. I decided to force myself out the door for a quick two mile jog and that seemed to help unblock my sinuses and I was good to go!! I'm glad to be able to tell you all that Cedar Point is great (as always)! It was so very busy today though we didn't get a whole lot of rides in. I did wait in a two hour plus line to ride in the front car of the Millennium Force! I'm going to post a link to a YouTube video of that ride for you guys to check it out. Anyhow..hope you all had a good day!

Dave - Congrats on the great finish to your 10K. Must have felt great to be the fastest walker out there today!!!

Mellisa - Welcome!!!

Big Vic - Wow...now that's one collection! Never seen anything like it!!

Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVPHGIoMdXI

Good mornign Team!!!

Quick drive by:

Hope to stay on track this week. Lots will be going on but I need to focus on training:confused3

Sorry I didn't get a chance to read last weeks posts.

Mel: Sorry you won't be able to join us at ToT we will miss ya!!!

Villians_Rock: Glad you had a good time at Cedar Point and that you are feeling better.

Kim

Mornin' team! Well, this am had my first LR since the marathon. The training calendar had 9 on tap--but I "think" I did 6.5. I say "think" b/c no.1 the Garmin never synched up (ugh!) and then I decided to just hit lap every 9:00 so I would have a rough estimate as to how far I went. Well, at 27:00 I apparently hit stop instead of lap--didn't realize that for, oh, say another 1/2 mile or so. So, I deferred to the god's who were obviously working against me and just ran w/o the darn gadget. DH and I decided I ran somewhere between 6 and 6.5. On the positive side, I felt GREAT!!! :banana:

Now off to another day in the pharmacy--but if I have more customers today like yesterday I might just walk out.

Eva -Sorry about your headache...I hate those!:sick:

Mel -That's too bad that you're going to miss out on TOT, what a bummer, maybe they'll have TOT next year???

Steffwalks - Tell us how your walk went.

I trained w/TNT yesterday and we walked approximately 9 miles. I need to break down and see a food doctor because now both feet are hurting! I can barely walk on my right foot due to the pain on the outter side of the foot. I don't know what's going on with my feet:mad: I better get them straighten out before Jan.
Did I tell you that the Boulder Backroads mailed my medal to me with a note, stating that a shipment was late and that's why I didn't receive one on race day? Very cool

Hey for all you "hotties" come here for a visit because we got 6" of snow last night and we're expecting another 8' today. Come on out!:santa:

Good morning/afternoon,

I got in a 14-mile LR today. What a difference a week and better weather makes. It was about 45 degrees when I started and probably got up to the high 50's when i was finished. Much better then the 85+ degrees last Sunday at the LBI race.

I tried running at a comfortable pace between 9:20 and 9:30 today and I felt pretty good...finished the 14 miles in 1:43:58 (9:27 pace). I am still having pain in my feet that comes around 10 miles. Next LR I am bringing a heavy dose of Motrin to see if that helps. Any ideas on how to cut down on pain in the ball of your feet area???

Angie - Big day of college football yesterday. #1 and #2 lose and your Bulls win big. Looks like your team is at least going to be #3 this week.

Melissa - WELCOME! :welcome:

Lou

I booked my flight for Orlando today and it cost, $230. for a roundtrip flight, from Denver to Orlando. Do you think that's a good price? I finally reached my $5,000 mark in my leukemia fund raising....I'm going for $6,000. Yea!:cloud9:

Mel - Welcome to the club of those who have to choose band over ToT! What we do for our kids... sure hope they appreciate us! How dare they put a wall in the middle of the sidewalk?

Vic - You really, really scare me!

Eva - Glad the run chased the headache away.

Monica - Go ahead and see the doctor now. You must be straight by January!

I went for my first walk yesterday post-injury. Did between a 1-1.5 miles with the dog. Seemed like nothing at the time, but my shins are plenty sore this morning! But it feels really good to be sore from doing something nonetheless... 3 days till I get to try out a little running.

Jackie

Oh monte...sorry to hear about your feet. I would get them checked out pronto. It could be as simple as the shoes...or some inserts. A podiatrist would be able to know for sure. At least to rule out if there is anything specific wrong with your feet.

I would really try to ice your feet if you can.

Congrats on your fundraising--and your airline ticket price sounds good to me since you are on the other side of the Mississippi.

For me--I am beginning to think all your walkers are so stealth and fit!!! It is soooo hard to walk the required pace. By that I mean--it takes real effort. Where before with the jogging...even at a slow pace, I knew I could go faster than the required pace. But it just seems walking...takes so much more of my hamstrings, quads, calfs, feet, and my glutes!

Wowsers!!!

Eva - it sounded like you were in bad shape there with the headache, good thing you got past it

Monte - good job with the fundraising

I ran my ten mile race yesterday, hoping to finish around 2:10 to 2:15. I ended up finishing in 1:59:34. A time I figured would require the perfect race.
Indeed, all conditions from the weather to the volunteers to the course were about perfect...and the post-race party was great, too.

My walk was beautiful. It was a pleasant morning with winds only blowing about 10 mph. A dog of the neighbors decided to go along, but he wasn't looking back towards home before we ever turned around at the 5 mile mark. He wanted me to share my water, but I told him he should have brought his own!

I have to walk along sandy and gravelly dirt roads, so I get to see lots of wild turkeys and deer! I am glad I am tapering, though, I need time to get ready for ToT!

Monte, I hope your feet are an easy fix!

Good afternoon everyone!

10 miles today. Pretty ugly out there this morning. I just can’t seem to figure out this 51 year old body. I fueled and hydrated before heading out. Got to 2.5 miles and petered out. So, I ended up running 3 minutes and walking 2 for the remaining 7.5. That actually seemed to work pretty good, and I finished in 2:20. Guess I’ll do some research and amend my training plan to the run/walk method.

Mel – WTG with the training. Sorry you won’t make it to TOT. My DW isn’t quite as impressed with my collection. Especially when I receive a new piece to add to it. Grumpy is my favorite Disney character. Had to have him in there somewhere. The foot is fair. A little sore after today’s 10 miler. Yours?

Kristin – Hope you were able to get your 14 miler in.

Mike – I did the card deal too (baseball, football, and racing). Hi I’m Vic and I’m a collecting addict. :lmao:

Eva – Glad you were able to beat the headache.

Kim – Good luck with the training.

Steffwalks – Glad you had a great walk.

Stephanie – WTG with the 6.5 miler.

Monte – Hope your foot gets better.

Lou – WTG with the 14 miler!

Jackie – Glad to see you were able to get out there. Good luck with the running this week. I gotta have a hobby, don’t I? :confused3 :rotfl:

Lisa – I agree with the walking deal.

Tiberius – Congrats on the race, and great pace!

:)

Hi there, everyone!

Today is a recovery day. Yesterday was my first marathon (Baltimore). I finished and (despite my bum knee/IT band) beat 6 hours.

Official time 5:49:45 (13:20).

I'm very happy with myself, but feeling it today. I think I'll go ahead and consult an orthopedist. Thus far I've been listening to my PCP, but now - if I want to be top form for the Goofy - it's time to really fix my malfunctions.

Have a great week, everyone.

Hey everybody--wow am I behind yet again. WTO this week! So, I will attempt to catch up with everyone.

First, I had a 12 mile LR this morning. It went great, and luckily the weather was cool. FINALLY!! I finished with a 10:12 overall pace, which I was really happy about.

Now to catch up:

villians rock--those roller coasters at cedar point look aweseme!!! We have our version of that at Great Adventure in NJ..it is called Kingda Ka...AMAZING!! HOpe you had fun this weekend!

Leana and Kim--a curling league!! That is awesome. I am determined to go learn how to curl this year. There is a curling club right near the school where I teach and they have open houses when you can go and learn about curling...I definetely need to go to one of those this winter!!

christa--I would love to live that close to Lowe's Motor speedway!! Although it must be tough gettting around with all the race fans during race weeks!

Tricia--I am with you on the night Nascar races...I can never stay awake to watch the whole thing!! Especially when I know I have LR the next morning!!

Vic--WOW!! I knew you collected diecasts...but that is an amazing collection!!!! I just started collecting, and have about 12....I have a Looooooooong way to go to catch up to you!!

Kelley--WTG on finishing your first marathon!!! I bet it is an awesome feeling!!

Ok, I know I missed a lot of people...but I did read all the posts! Hope everyone had a great weekend of training! Keep up the good work!

Well, I did get my act together late yesterday and started of on my 14 mile LR around 4:15. Fortunately the weather was MUCH cooler and cloudy and boy did it make a difference. The heat was brutal at the half last weekend and I was dreading a repeat this weekend. Anyway, I did the first 12 outdoors in 2:07 and the 12 took me right up to the front doors of the gym (was meeting my husband there) I then did the last 2 on the treadmill and those took me 23 min. I was feeling tired after the 12 so I took it easy for the last two. I tried incorporating more walking on this run so I walked for 1-2 minutes every 2 miles and it did seem to keep me going longer.

Question about your training plans. How many total days a week do you typically run? And, what's the pattern of your increases before a step back day? I am kind of working off of 2 different plans right now and one increases for 3 weeks (12, 14, 16, 8) with a step back but the other does only 2 (12, 14, 7)? Just curious!
Kristin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter