Wk of Sep 10--2007 WISH Walking/Running Club

Lisa, Yes, Bill and Lynda just announced the other day and don't forget Bree. I'm thinking she's gotta be close (or maybe she's WISHing she was).

It is a eventful time here!

I spoke with Liz who says Hello! The housebuilding is still continuing. They are not in yet, but expect to be by the end of the month. (a month behind).

Liz also wanted me to WISH all a happy and fun DL event!

I got in my steps! Was about an hour with all things considered. I am pleased. It was looking like rain, but only slightly sprayed as I was about done. Nothing really. I went about 4.7 miles for a 13:35 pace taking 1:04. I've had dinner and now waiting to see what I want to do next.
:dance3:

I finally put in the steps last night. It wasn't much just 2 miles but I got out there and did it :cool1:

My best to all of you headed to DL :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Good morning all!!!

Can you believe I haven't posted at all this week?!? :confused3 :confused3

DLers: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cool1: HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!! We need reports when you get home!!

Sunny: :grouphug: :grouphug: I can't imagine. A thought: have you considered trying to contact the authors of that paper you linked? I'm thinking perhaps they would be receptive and maybe point you in the direction of doctors they may have used with which you may be able to talk to or consult. I hope things get better soon. :grouphug:

Jen: Glad to hear things have improved with your mom.

Dana: Sorry to hear that you won't be joining us this year. Please don't abandon us, though. Only 16 months til 2008's race, right??

Jennifer: Welcome!! Glad to have you here.

Lynne: :worship: Awesome job! :thumbsup2 I think you've officially put me off Ironmanning for life :teeth:

Dave: Yes, surviving. I'm glad things have finally gotten going here at work. I'm not doing Toronto Waterfront this year, as we had home football scheduled for that weekend. That being the case, next year I will have that weekend open and I'm 90% sure that I will be running it in 2007. It looks like an incredible race.

Sara: I'm right there with you sister! I can't get motivated to train for the life of me... that excitement from last year has totally abandoned me. I'm pushing through in the hopes it will get better.... but I know where you are coming from.

Training on my part has been sporadic- a couple of runs this week (no stats on me right now). Last night was crosstraining, so I decided to take my very first Spinning class. :faint: It was a "Long Ride" class... and what a workout. I'm suprised I am not sore this morning, but it was wonderful in terms of cardio. Today is a 3.5 mile run and then 7 miles tomorrow. I'll need to make sure to get up early Sunday to watch our DLers results come in!

Happy training all!
Kevin :earsboy:

HELP!!! Ok I need help. I wear the Asics Nimbus and they came out with a new model. I love my shoe and it is even green (new model isn't). My normal shoe size is a 9, the running store said I need a 10.5, so that is what I am wearing. I have tons of room in the toes. Here's my problem, new model means my old ones are super hard to find. I have found a size 10 for a super awesome price, but can't find the 10.5. Do you think I will have a problem or notice a difference?

HELP... I should order these soon if I want them since there are few left. What would you do? Be re-fitted in the new model or go for the old?

Thanks in advance and I will be back to be more personable later!

Thanks to everyone's well wishes for my mom. Her breathing is very poor right now, but she is out of the hospital. I am taking her out tomorrow to a quilt show because she is very tired of sitting around. My daughter is going with. I have a wheel chair since there is no way she can walk or exert that much energy. I thought she would be embarrassed when I mentioned the WC, but she was fine with it and knows that is the only way she can go. So my exercise tomorrow will be pushing her around.

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday and it truely was 30 minutes. I can jog so much better on the Y treadmills than my own. I just kept going and going and going. I only stopped for 2 minutes to walk because my headphone cords were all wacky. Then I think back to January when I could barely muster 1 minute of jogging. I've come a long way baby!!! I now have people amazed when they watch me, even tho I am slow and chubby.... because I CAN run.

Lynne - You rock on the Ironman. I live in Wisconsin and KNOW the weather was so rotten on Sunday. I give you a million kudos for finishing. You are awesome!!!

Oh and I wanted to mention that I finally got an MP3 Player. Now I need some tunes to put on it. No more singing to myself, I will actually have something to listen to! Yippeee....

If anyone has any advice on my shoe dilema listed above, please HELP!

Jen117 said:
HELP!!! Ok I need help. I wear the Asics Nimbus and they came out with a new model. I love my shoe and it is even green (new model isn't). My normal shoe size is a 9, the running store said I need a 10.5, so that is what I am wearing. I have tons of room in the toes. Here's my problem, new model means my old ones are super hard to find. I have found a size 10 for a super awesome price, but can't find the 10.5. Do you think I will have a problem or notice a difference?

HELP... I should order these soon if I want them since there are few left. What would you do? Be re-fitted in the new model or go for the old?

Thanks in advance and I will be back to be more personable later!

Jen, if the 10.5's are really roomy I think you could get by with the 10s. I've done that myself in order to get the right show at a discount or something. Then again, I have no problem living iwth a perpetual black or no toenail so if you're worried about pretty toes, you might not want to chance a little less roomy shoe. You definitely don't want ot chance a cramped shoe.

Good luck!

I'm sorry to hear about your mother :grouphug: I hope the quilt show lifts her spirits.

Sunny

Hi WISH Team!

Jen, :grouphug: for you and Mom, great idea to get outside with her. I know she will be happy about that. Your shoes, what Sunny said.

Kevin, glad you are surviving there. And, good for you to get out even if you don't "feel" like it. Me too.

Sara, did you get in those steps? Go go go! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Suzy, Great for those 2 miles! Glad you were out steppin'.

Rest day, I think, for me. Will have to double check. Not sure what's on, but I'm going to do 8 miles in a.m with the group. I'm looking forward to it. They will be closing down soon since the events around here are happening in the next month. I will miss that motivation.

Greetings TEAM:

x-training day for me today. Did a 30 min SWOG in the pool followed by some stretching.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi Team,

Sorry I haven't gotten to post all week....just been really busy with work (we were short one admin all week)...but I've been keeping up with training.

Tomorrow is my first run with TNT -- Fundraising is going a little slow, but I hope it really picks up.

Tomorrow is also my fundraiser for TNT, one of my friends will be running my PartyLite Candle party, she is giving up her commission to do so. 20% of Total sales will go to TNT :goodvibes

I also found an excellent dermatologist - went to him for the sever break out on my face.....everything that he prescribed to me is working wonders so far. My stomach is a little upset but that's okay -- that I could live with, I just really got tired of getting up in the morning and seeing my face but things are looking up. :thumbsup2

Well I have to see how the rest of you are doing, although I might not get to post anything again tomorrow.

ahhhh how am I supposed to sleep I'm too nervous ahhhhh
:bitelip:

Flight leaves at 6:20am but that's not soon enough ahhhh

princessmomma said:
Greetings WISHers! :wave:

Yeah, it's Friday!

Has anyone else started thinking about airfare for the marathon?
Hi Colleen: I bought my airfare last month. I waited for Southwest to extend their schedule to see what their prices would be, and then I bought my tickets. I actually did not end up going with Southwest because AirTran was cheaper and I can fly nonstop from Rochester --> Orlando. With Southwest I have to drive an hour to Buffalo to get to the airport. AirTran is much more convenient, but if Southwest was a lot cheaper I would have gone with them.

Hi WISH Team!

Matt! Thanks for the goodbye! Can't wait to hear/see all about it.

Colleen, us too. Got a flight with a price that was better than the one we are using to fly down in Oct, so scooped it up here. DS#1 decided to come with us and run marathon and we just got his price $20 less than ours. We're hooked up! Got dinner plans Friday, dessert plans Sunday, breakfast plans monday with the WISH Team!

Jodi, good news on the dermatologist. Have a good training run with TNT today.

So, here I am reporting that I did 11 miles today! :crazy: I am not really certain of my pace b/c we stopped for water break and potty. It was a little tough but the guy I paired with was such a sweetie. He stuck with me and "wogged" me in to the end of the run. He was going for 21 miles. I picked him up at his mile 3 and we had a great chat. Good for me b/c my Shuffle was dead--it's on the charger now. It was going to be a lonely run and I had originally planned to do 8. I know schedule calls for 3, but I've benn going 8-11 on weekends so when schedule catches up I will add from there.

Lots going on this weekend here. Have a great one. I'll be checking back to hear from everyone!

Thanks Tiger Lilly - I feel so much better since seeing the Dermatolgist....my old face is coming back little by little and I don't cringe some much when I look in the mirror. :goodvibes

I am so glad that I went on my long run with Team in Training, we did close to 11 miles today, Unfortunately a lot of it was hills but we just took it super slow - a lot of the girls on my team take it slow anyway, which was good news to me. :thumbsup2 By slow I mean they were 10 min/miles - 11 min/miles. Now, that I am going that speed I am having a hard time just doing the 12 min/mile like I agree to do with my friend at the Hartford Half Marathon and the Goofy Challenge. Hopefully, I can just pace myself with her.

Hope everyone had a great training day today. I would love to write more now but I have to get ready for my fundraiser/Party Lite party.

Great job on your TNT 11 mile run Jodi, and same to you Lily. Wow, you girls are really putting the miles in. My MfM plan was a step back week - so today's LR was 6 miles. I did 6.19 m on the Erie Canal Trail in 59:05 min/9:33 mpm. The first 3 miles I did the 9R/1W intervals, and the last 3 miles I ran the whole way. Here are my splits:

Mile 1: 9:29 min
Mile 2: 9:45 min
Mile 3: 9:55 min
Mile 4: 9:50 min
Mile 5: 9:19 min
Mile 6: 9:08 min
last 0.19 miles in 1:35 min (8:30 pace).

My legs felt really strong, but I think I'm still going to take the cold water bath tomorrow morning just to help the recovery process.

GOOD LUCK DL WISHers!!!!! Tomorrow's the BIG DAY!!!!

OK! I posted a great post yesterday and I know it went through...but now it is GONE! :furious:
But anyway!
Looks like everyone who is posting did a great job on their LR yesterday and today! Jodi, Lilly, Susie, Sara, Keven, Dave...ect

Jen - Glad your mom is doing better! I also hate it when my fave shoes are changed up on me...I wish I could help you!

Dana - OHH! I hate you won't be coming 2007! :sad2: Please don't stop posting!

I did my LR yesterday. Just 11 miles with "DA BOYZ". They did 11 mpm so I stayed with them. My acid reflux acted up again....AHHHHH :furious: This is driving me :crazy: ! I feel great, like I could run 4ever...except that my chest and back ARE ON FIRE!
ANYWHO!
We did 11 miles!
next week 18
the next week is my mini taper of whatever the Boyz are doing.
THEN MY TRAIL MARATHON!
:cheer2:
I did finally sign up..... :cool1:
I cannot wait!
And there is NO stress with this b/c I am just running it 4 fun! :banana:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
GO DL WISH TEAM!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Just wanted to check in and say "hi", to everyone. I haven't been training for about a week, but plan to do one more 10k before my marathon on Sunday, 9/24. Keep up the good work team! :thumbsup2

I'm glad it's rest day!!! :) Happy Sunday team.

Soooo excited for all our DL Halfers! Cannot wait to hear how things are going!!! :goodvibes

Monte! Best of luck in your 10K next weekend!!

Christa: Sorry about the acid reflux. That's awful :(. But I've been following your training on here and as always I'm so impressed with the distances and pace you manage!!! You are always an inspiration to me :).
I can't wait to hear all about your trail marathon!!! I love trail running and trail races :teeth: , but I've decided to take a break from them until January. Have been having ankle issues so I'm staying off trails as much as possible in the months leading up to disney!

Dave: WOW!!! Super job on your LR this weekend. I really can't get over how consistent and fast your pace has become! Excellent effort out there. And good idea on the ice bath...I may do another one myself today!

Jodi: Great job on your long run. I know what you mean about trying to stick with your pace. My marathon partner and I are having trouble running the 11 mpms which is what we had anticipated running the marathon in. It's really great when you think about it...just means you are getting stronger and quicker. I'm constantly impressed with the amount of miles you are logging! Keep up the great work! :thumbsup2

Lily: Wow...11 miles!!! :woohoo: You are really putting the miles in too! Amazing job there :). Love that you are waiting for the schedule to catch up with YOU lol.....I'm chasing my schedule! Hoping at least to keep up with it ;).

Colleen: Bought my airfare on Jet Blue and got a great deal out of NJ! So officially I have no other planning to do...just hope to God my body holds up so I can actually run the marathon! :confused3 I really did get a good fare though :).

What a week for me! Quite the rollercoaster! IT all started great with my personal record time at the 5K last sunday of 27:15. I was so pumped up from shaving over 2 minutes off my first 5K which was in April! :thumbsup2

But then Monday came and smacked me down to reality lol. For some reason my entire calf and ankle swelled up...no bruising...no pain really....and no warmth or redness. Just heavy, stiff and swollen. I iced and rested. The swelling subsided rather quickly and I chalked it up to over use. I had done my 7 Mile LR on Saturday and then pushed my pace during the race on Sunday...afterwards I had a big party to go to....so I was on my feet, etc for several hours after the race. It was weird...and alarming...but nothing much I could do. I took Monday as a rest day anyway due to the 5K on Sunday so I just hoped I needed some time.

Tuesday I did my normal KBX class...but dropped my effort level by 50%. I just was very careful. I had some ankle discomfort in my right leg...but the swelling didn't return, aside from some minor puffiness in the right ankle.

Wednesday was going to be my speed run for the week. BUT...I decided to go out and buy new sneakers at a local specialty running store. My Kayanos had logged 400 miles and had seen their share of trails and rain....so my hope was that the shoes were more the culprit for my leg pain. :confused3 I ended up with Brooks Adrenaline to offer more ankle support. It's hard to get used to the new shoe...I do miss the cushioning of the Kayano...but I'm not sure they were giving me the correct fit around the ankle and instep.

Thursday I did my speed run. And amazingly I managed to run 4 miles in 34:54. It was a super easy run...aside from the numbness I got from tying my laces too tight on the right foot. Once I fixed that I carried on and had a great pace going for the entire 4 miles. I felt so happy and loved the performance of the sneakers. Afterwards I iced up but only noticed minor puffiness again in the right ankle.

Friday I did yoga and some core work.

Saturday..yesterday...was my 6 mile LR. This was a pull back week...thankfully....and I figured 6 would be easy. Unfortunately it was a hard difficult miserable stonker of a 6 mile run. I finished in 63:45. It wasn't so much the pace I'm concerned about...running 10:40s isn't bad at all for a long run. It was the fact that my ankles were so stiff and sore the whole time :(. I'm really not sure what is going on there :confused3 . After a few advil and an ice bath they felt ok. But I definitely know there is an issue. Still no bruising....no sharp pains...just an achey stiff feeling. I have some Dr. appointments lined up this week and will drop some runs if I have to...although the idea of doing that on week 5 of training really bums me out :(. Does anyone have any advice? The discomfort is on the inside of the ankle...just below the ankle bone.

Thanks guys! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter