Wk of Sep 24--2007 WISH Walking/Running Club

OK! I nearly peed in my pants when I read that the packets will be mailed out the 1st of October! :cheer2: Sorry...TMI! But I am EXCITED! I cannot wait to see where everyone is placed so we can get those pacing groups together! :goodvibes Yes, I am going to make some of you run with me....sorry! But I can hunt you down b/c we will have our nifty shirts on that are so bright I am sure they glow in the dark! :banana:

Crullea - :cheer2: :cool1: :banana: WTG on your 5k! You da wo-man!

Tiff - WTG on starting your training...good luck!

Just throwing out a thought...if Minnie is a girls' weekend, how many people can technically stay in a grand villa at OKW? WISH team slumber party?
Mel - I do think technically 12 in a grand villa...but I would be willing to sleep on an air mat or even the floor....when are we talking about? I say we could get so many more in the GV!

Ran 6 on trails yesterday...rest day today!

I'm tapering for Applefest :rotfl2: :rotfl: :happytv: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

That's funny because I haven't trained for Applefest. I'm hoping the few deep water swogging sessions and random walking and a couple of wogs will do me. I feel alittle guilty even showing up. The site says you should not participate knowingly unable to complete the course in 3 hours. So I'm going to pretend I don't know that. I'm getting pretty nervous about the whole thing, but what do I have to lose? I've already got one DNS to my name, so why not grab my DNF on Saturday ;)

Sunny

Good morning everyone!! :sunny: It really feels like fall here today in Cincinnati--rainy and cold--makes me glad I'll be in 90 degree weather in 50 hours!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I did my 40 minutes last night, I was supposed to do 45, but I ended up cutting the last 5 minutes off. I had Hines with me, planning on running with him the first 30 minutes, dropping him off in the backyard and then doing the last 15 minutes by myself. As we were running, I could see a group of boy scouts making their way around our neighborhood selling something. We made it in front of our house right at 30 minutes and who should be walking toward our front door: the boy scouts! I couldn't go in the garage to take Hines to the backyard because they would knock on the door and I couldn't ignore them because they just watched me walk in the house. So Hines had to go on another lap around the neighborhood, we ended up doing 3.70 miles in 40 minutes--ave. 10:48 a mile, I just came in the house at that point. I didn't see the point of taking him in, getting him water and putting him in the backyard just to run 5 minutes longer. The nice thing was he was dead the whole night and behaved himself. :teeth: :teeth: I'm taking a rest day today so I can run my 9 miles tomorrow. Should be interesting running 9 miles on a swollen ankle, I definitely see a long ice bath in my future.

Mel--I posted on the other thread about the RftT.

Cecilia--Awesome job!! :cheer2: :cheer2: I guess that ice bath last week gave you special powers. Maybe I should try that....

Sunny--You are funny! I love how you've kept your spirits up through this whole ordeal. Good luck on Saturday.

Helen--Sending you a PM. I love reading nutrition/diet books.

Tiff--Good luck being a sub! You are a very brave soul. I remember the things we used to do to our subs.

Jen and Judy--Don't worry about the Contemporary hill. It's fairly flat where I live, so I don't train on hills and the Contemporary hill was a non-issue during the half. I agree with Mel, the entrance ramp back going back to Epcot between miles 10 and 11 was much harder, especially with the wind blowing.

HELP!!! Time to break the news to DW!!!

OK, as many of you know, I have not yet told my wife that I'm planning on running the WDW Marathon. Here's my plan. I would like to run the Niagara Fallsview Half-Marathon on Sunday, Oct. 22nd. I thought after I run that, and my wife sees I can do that, I would break the news that I want to run the WDW Marathon in January. I would like to give her a box of Disney treats to break the news. Could someone going to WDW pick up some things from the world for me? I'd like to include a map, brochure, or something from the Wilderness Lodge Villas where we'd be staying, maybe some park maps, etc. I thought I would get her the Waikiki dress from DisneyShopping.com (and I'd get a matching shirt) that we could wear to a dinner during the weekend. And I could get the new planning DVD too. Any other thoughts or ideas would be HUGELY appreciated.

Good morning all. :wave2:

This morning I did 45 min on the TM. Tomorrow I will take a rest day and then Saturday is my second 5K. I am looking forward to it! It happens to go past my old elementary school, the church where I got married the first time....It will be like a 5K down memory lane. :goodvibes

Hey, anybody notice it's 99 days???? :banana:

Jen - I'm going to attack the CR hill the same way I do them all - keep my head up and my eyes down and just keep going. Think about something else, anything else, then, before I know it, I'm at the top! :thumbsup2

Mel - WHAT?? WHAT OVERPASS????? :eek: Ohh, I'd do the Slumber Party! I'm considering the Minnie, I have to see how thinks go.

Sunny - Stop that! Maybe you WILL finish! How about that? You'll have the :wizard: of all us WISHer's helping you along! :cheer2:

Christa - I can't WAIT to get my packet! :yay: OMG I'm so excited! I'll be like a maniac checking the mailbox all next month! Should we have a post for placements????

Dave - Ohhh Dave! I was JUST there! I would have gladly picked you up whatever you wanted! :bitelip:

Oh, Dave, how exciting!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :jumping3: Those of us doing RftT will swamp your mailbox now! :goodvibes
Sunny STOP WITH THE NEGATIVE WAVES!!! The course looks beautiful! Have a GREAT time just being back in it, but don't overdo! Like Judy says, we'll all be with you in spirit!!
Cecilia, what an awesome job on your race!!

Uh Oh, my time has run out..have good runs this weekend everyone!!!

Cecelia - Way to go!! That's great!!!

Sunny - We are positive thinkiers around here. You know better than thinking what you are. ;) I'm very confident that you will finish. Just please don't try to win.

Krista - Have great time! I am so jealous!

I'm actually looking forward to my 9-miler. Why? Because I'll be oging solo adn that will be the longest I've done by myself. Can you tell how much it hurts me not to set a record with every LR this year? ;)

Cecelia -- AWESOME job! :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

Dave -- great plan. Wish I were heading to the World anytime soon so that I could help you with all sorts of goodies, but who am I to complain?

Sunny -- sending prayers and :grouphug: and :wizard:

Carrie -- Good luck on your 9 miler, sweetie! How is Scott feeling?

Okay, Howard is totally swamped and "fried" (to use his words) and will be going to a decompression session tonight sponsored by the MBA program's student council. I am leaving work early to take Andrew to Boy Scouts and am hoping to zip to the Y and squeeze in 40 minutes on the treadmill while he is in his meeting. Lily's plan calls for 9 miles this weekend and I am going to have to figure out how to squeeze that in among all the other craziness, including a friend visiting for part of the weekend, Andrew's cross-country race and finding a gift and attending a birthday party, a university football game/band performance, having to work many, many hours. . . UGH!

Can't imagine trying to train if my kids were younger. :eek:

Should I be worried? I didn't receive the September email about Marathon Weekend, I'm going to look back and see, but I'm not sure I received Aug one, either. How will I know if they still have me registered. I registered Dx and myself in January!

Anyone else not receive the email? (I checked my spam box, too).

Sunny - You can confirm your registration on the Marathon page. I think you just need your email address.

Sunny - you will do fine at Applefest! I will tell Chad to find you and drag you over the finish line if you want. But you know what? YOU DON'T NEED THAT! If I know anything at all about you from the boards, I know you will finish this race. You have more determination than anyone I know. And I may just try to get over there after Zack's swim class and see everyone at or after the finish anyway.

Do you have a bib# for the Applefest? :magnify:

Sunny - Best wishes on applefest!

Christa - i thought about you on my run today. br issues (i know, i'm sure you feel so special now :teeth: ) I was actually thinking that i may do most of my runs to prep for disney on the trails and maybe just save the lr's for the road. i think the trails use more/dif muscles and it will help me be more agile in the adv. races.

Did 7 miles today. 3 monday. I have a lr of 13 coming up on monday. I am skipping the 1st 2 weeks of my program so that i will be up to higher mileage near the end of nov. there is a marathon that i want to do every year but it is the same week as one of hte adv. races we do. this year, it is the week after. I think it either falls on my 18 or 1st 20mile lr so i'm just going to run what i need to and then walk/run the rest. it finishes right by my parents house.

Hey all... I rested yesterday and tonight after work I will run the indoor track while DD3 is at gymnastics. DDalmost6 had a meltdown this morning so I forgot my hair products in my gym bag. So instead of running at lunch time, I went out for lunch and ate too much. Since it was pasta, I consider it carbo loading for my run after work. :rotfl2:

Carrie - Have fun in Milwaukee. I have lots of scrapbooking stuff, but haven't done any pages. I am pathetic. I have boxes and boxes of pictures and stuff. My DH threatened that he will get a cheapy photo album for the baby pictures that are 6 years old. How dare he! :sad2:

Judy - If you see me laying on the Contemporary Hill or Ramp, please roll me upwards!!! :rotfl: Ok, I know we can make it up those hills. That's what the walk 1 is for!

Dave - Ooooo what a great way to break the news. I have lots of pics of WL that I can email to you, maybe some old things like the parking pass. But that's it. We are staying at WL also.... OH and I just bought the whole family the Waikiki outfits really cheap at Disney Shopping. We have the Aloha outfits from a couple years ago also. We are a nerdy family, but it's fun!

Helen - You are intriging me as to who you are!!! I'm PMing!

OK, I have dwadled my day away. I think I need to get some work done.

OMG! Check out my new avatar! Love you, Judy! :love: (insert smoochy kisses and squeezy hugs here!)

Yay! We match! If anyone else wants it, let me know! :teeth:

Oh your like twins!!!

My dd5 for the longest time thought she was a twin with her sister, dd3. Now she is just annoyed by her sister!

Dave - Check out my ticker :cool1: I'll be in WDW from 10/12-10/14 for a quick trip for MNSSHP. Send me a PM if there is something I can help you out with :thumbsup2

(This time 2 weeks from right now we'll be a MNSSHP :cheer2: :cheer2: )

Jen117 said:
Oh your like twins!!!

ISn't that fun! Actually, my twin, Judy, got the sense of humor. She always has me :rotfl2: but she also has the kindest of hearts! :lovestruc

Aren't WISH friends the absolute best? I swear, you guys, have no idea what you are getting me through, just by being here and giving me a place to come and share in the challenges and triumphs. Getting mushy, I know, but I really, really appreciate you! :grouphug:

I figure that anyone can be twins. If Arnold S. and Danny Devito can be twins... well you know!!!

Cam - I do love the WISHers and can't wait to meet everyone at WDW. Let me tell you, I would have quit running long ago if it wasn't for this board. OK, I have quit, but never more than 2 weeks because everyone here is so supportive!!!

We're not supposed to get mushy yet!!! ;) ;) It's hard not to when everyone's so wonderful here, though.

Cam - Thanks for asking about Scott (and he says thank you too). Just a cold/sinus issue, which it sounds like you can dientify with. He did 10 out wiht em and went back, so he's not much better, but a little. Hars to run when every step hurt your head. Poor guy.

I did my 45. Nothing to brag about, but not bad.

Have a great weekend everyone and hgood luck to everyone with races!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter