Wk of Sep 3--2007 WISH Walking/Running Club

Bekah - Congrats on your race! :cool1: :cool1:

Cam - Uh-oh! I know blisters can be such a pain. Hope they up quickly for ya! Sending :wizard: your way.

Matt - I like the DDR, too. I'm not real good at it yet, but I do work up a sweat!

Jen - So sorry to hear about your Mom. I'll keep you both in my prayers!

Wishing a great trip to all our vacation-ears! Hope you have a great time!

I survived my 1st week of ASL class. So far so good! Of course over $100 for books was not so good :rolleyes:

I looked on weather.com and it looks like DL race day will have a low of 61 and a hi of 80 degrees. I'm thinking I may wear a throwaway shirt over my WISH shirt in the early morning to keep warm. (I have the sleeveless, so I don't want to be freezing at 5AM). I don't think I'll need long warm-up pants, though. My legs aren't usually affected by the cold as much as my upper body. If I'm off base here and folks think I may need long pants to stay warm and comfy before the start, let me know.

It's gonna be a busy week at work (trying to get everything done before heading to DL on Friday). I'll try to check in to see when everyone is leaving.

Oh yeah, when and where are we meeting at DL again? I forgot to write it down.

Terri

Hi All, Just checking in when I get a few minutes. Dave, Cruella de Mom and Kristi1357, thanks for the words of encouragement. I know we all have our ups and downs - and I for sure have more ups than downs - but kind words do indeed help get us through any tough times. I did not have a good week with work (not going into that again) nor running due to a bit of a knee problem. On Tuesday I got a flat on the way to work and while changing it my right knee went pop and started to hurt a lot. I have had surgery on this knee 3 times and do not want to go through another one now. The good news is that there was, and still is, no swelling but there is a sharp pain whenever I run downhill. I only ran 2 times this week and it looks like I may have to cancel my marathon effort for the fall. Oh well, guess it is time to rest before getting the Goofy training in full gear. Have a great week everyone and I will see you all on Saturday. Oh, and for all those racing - DL and any other events - have a safe, happy and fun time. GOOD LUCK!

Yesterday, did a 12 mile outdoor run. Unfortunatley, I didn't start until 10:30am, and the heat was an issue. On mile 10 and 11, I walked a little bit, but I'm blaming it on the heat. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :rotfl:

Anyway, I won't be able to get a LR in the next two weekends, so I'm into a forced taper prior to my first 1/2M on October 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter