WL at christmas

hockey mom

<font color=coral>Loves to do the Napkin Dance at
Has anyone ever been? DH and I were just tossing around a few plans and decided to go there for our 10th anniversary in December. The pictures of the decorations look amazing and now I am so excited. Grandparents said they would come down and watch the kids for us, we have never been away alone.

I'm sure it's beautiful. I thinks it's time to think about DVC- or rehab?:p

I know I need help. Dvc is not for me because I love the beauty of trying every resort. We tossed around a few ideas, like a couple of hockey games in Montreal or Ottawa, but in the end we came right back here. We already will have tickets, airfare for 2($400, I hope), and 3 nights at Wl last year was around $114. We would like to try Cp, and actually just get away in a romantic setting.

We stayed at WL for three days post-Christmas (Dec 28-31) in 2001. The place was packed - I think because it was the first opportunity for a lot of Americans to cut loose following 9/11.

The decorations are awesome, particularly the tree in the lobby. We ate at Artist Point one night - you'll have to try that just because of the variety of the menu. If you could get a decent rate for early December I'd go for it. We went in Premier season (verrrrrrrry pricey :( ) and I don't think I'd spend that much to stay in a regular hotel room again.

Our upcoming August trip is done in conjunction with DVC. We've got a couple of nights booked at the HRH at Universal, 5 days using points at OKW, and then three days at AKL Concierge. The beauty of the DVC is that because we've in essence prepaid our accomodation for the 5 days we're at OKW, it frees up some "current" money to enable us to try Concierge at AKL - which is a deal now with the at-par pricing. If we had to pay rack rate for the entire stay there's no way we could even dream about staying Concierge anywhere.

We're also doing a getaway in a couple of weeks for DW's birthday - we're going to Bear Trail Resort near Whitney for the weekend. First time away from the kids since before DD was born - and she's 12!

Wait a minute - if you're going in December who's going to get the girls to the rink while you're gone, the grandparents??? If we had our parents looking after the kids they'd never get to the rink - they'd get lost. :teeth:

- Mike

Mike glad to hear you liked Wl decorations because that is the main reason we picked it. I am hoping to recieve the $35 upgrade to concierge that everyone is talking about. You will also love AKL, we were there 2 years ago and loved it. We are in the same boat as you and your wife- never been away without the kids that is why we jumped all over this.
As for hockey yes my parents are coming down to my house just so they can take the kids to hockey. I planned our trip aound 2 known tournaments that the coach usually does so I hope he doesn't decide to change thing because I would hate to miss too many games.
Your trip sounds awesome have a great time.

WL is beautiful at Christmas time they have such great decorations. I will likeley not stay there again didn't really care for the rooms mind you it was only a studio maybe a 2 bdrm next time will be better. You will love the themeing and decorations there at christmas though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter