Wlv

cuinwdw

Earning My Ears
Hello-

I am taking a trip with my family in September and we are thinking of staying at the Wilderness Lodge villas.
We would be getting 2 studios. We have visited the Wilderness Lodge, but have never stayed. I have some questions:

1- How comfortable is the pull out couch

2- Are there views? Is there a certain area I should try and request- I know nothing is guaranteed.

any insight or info would be appreciated.

Thanks-
Jennifer

PS- we are DVC members and this trip is in celebration of my dad's 50th Birthday

We didn't use the pull-out, so can't answer that. But as for views, you want the back side (lake side), as high up as possible, and as near to the pool as possible. Those units have the best views of the pool and the lake. The others, while good, are more of the trees.

Also, there's one studio that doesn't have a balcony. (I forget the number). You might want to avoid that one.

Hi Jennifer.

Most of the views are of the woods which I found quite enjoyable. Within our first few minutes of unpacking we were able to see several deer forraging. Some rooms might afford a glimpse of the lake and/or quiet pool. I would ask to face the lake even if you werent able to see it. We had a 2 bedroom and my parents slept on the fold out couch without any problems.

-Ron.

Also, there's one studio that doesn't have a balcony. (I forget the number). You might want to avoid that one.

That studio is room number 4533.

We stayed in this studio in May. The view was fantastic, directly overlooking the quiet pool with a patch of lake visible. I could wave to my DH from the balcony while he was in the spa and vice versa. I would love to have that room again.

Have a great time. Don't forget to do the lodge tours...especially the Taste of the Lodge.

We had a room in the middle of the 'bad' view side, and thought it was fine. We were on the 3rd floor, about a third of the way down the hall. Here's a link to a (big) panoramic picture I took of the view from our balcony - Balcony View

Bucky Larue,

The "bad view side" looks pretty sweet to me!
Thanks for posting you pic, I had never seen this vantage. I am now sure I could live with just about any VWL room.

No problem, Geyser Gazer...and here's another pic I posted on the Community board that I'll add here for you!
wlgeyserlb.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter