WOC Dessert Party 1st or 2nd show?

I think they're about the same but the crowd in front of you might be smaller during the second show. The dessert party seats are great, though, so it doesn't matter much.

There is a mass exodus after both shows. After the first show, many people run to RSR to get on before it closes for the night. We like to walk around and take pictures of a lit up, empty park. After the second show, the park is closed and cast members stand at the entrance of each land, guiding guests to the exit.

I would only ever do the first show because you get so much extra time at your table to relax and enjoy your desserts before the show. I’m paying for that seat and table so I want the max time to relax and enjoy it!

Not to hijack the thread, but when can you realistically show up for the party and expect to be seated by let's say 8:30 (for the first show)?

I understand check-in takes place earlier, I'm asking specifically about returning to actually be walked to your table. We will have little kids and sitting there for an hour is not appealing, but we also want to leave a little time to get our food and soda/hot chocolate. We would be happy with 15-20 minutes at our table to eat before the show starts.

Any pros or cons to either?
Not a primary consideration, but more of a way to get the most out of this very overpriced experience: It's generally easier to get a good view for the second show compared to the first, so whenever I'm doing the Dessert Party I prefer the first show because (1) the improvement over the view I'd otherwise get is the greatest, and (2) there are more people around which adds to the vibes and experience (without impacting the view from the tables)!

Not to hijack the thread, but when can you realistically show up for the party and expect to be seated by let's say 8:30 (for the first show)?

I understand check-in takes place earlier, I'm asking specifically about returning to actually be walked to your table. We will have little kids and sitting there for an hour is not appealing, but we also want to leave a little time to get our food and soda/hot chocolate. We would be happy with 15-20 minutes at our table to eat before the show starts.
You're free to come and go once you're seated. Not sure how long your kids are but ours were so enamored with the experience they were very content at the table (we did run fo ra quick potty break before the show started).

I would only ever do the first show because you get so much extra time at your table to relax and enjoy your desserts before the show. I’m paying for that seat and table so I want the max time to relax and enjoy it!
Can you elaborate on this? How is there more time at the table for the first show?

Same, I did the second seating, and we had to wait for the mass exodus to be over before we could go from the meeting spot to the tables.

The first show started at 9, second at 10:15. Our meeting time was 9:15, but clearing the area (enough) between shows takes much longer. I think we left around 9:30. We got our drinks and food at 9:50, based on my pictures.

My table felt a little rushed, because as soon as we sat down, and the food was on the table, we were asked if we wanted a doggie bag, and our server already left them for us.

I don't remember exactly when this happened, but I think it was 10-15 minutes before the show started, our server asked if we wanted another drink, because they were going to close down the bar.

Let's say we had about 30 minutes in the area before the show. While you probably have the full hour on the first show, giving you more time to eat and drink.

I loved the experience and would do it again. I had a great seat and enjoyed the food, was lucky with my table mates (I was travelling solo), but yeah, I would probably book the early seating.

Thanks, that's very helpful information. We've done the dessert party multiple times, always 2nd show, and had no idea about this difference!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter