Woman attacked near DL before Tink

nervous1sttimer

DIS Veteran
Link

I'm sure everyone is going to say that this could happen anywhere, and has nothing to do with Disney, and that may be true - but it still does not make me feel good about my trip for the DL 1/2 in August. Any idea what hotel she was staying at? Were there any reports in the local media?

...it could happen anywhere
...it has nothing to do with Disney

Seriously. I'm not sure where you live, but there is crime EVERYWHERE.

Crime is everywhere. There is no destination in the world that is crime free. Take solace in the fact they caught the guy.

Seriously. I'm not sure where you live, but there is crime EVERYWHERE.

I literally live in the community that has been rated the safest in Canada 3 years in a row. I almost think it is weirder if there has been no media coverage of this in Anaheim. What does that say, yikes.

I'm not sure why you are saying there are no reports or implying there they are covering things up... I quickly googled and.found lots of information.

Link

I'm sure everyone is going to say that this could happen anywhere, and has nothing to do with Disney, and that may be true - but it still does not make me feel good about my trip for the DL 1/2 in August. Any idea what hotel she was staying at? Were there any reports in the local media?
There were a ton of reports, it had NOTHING to do with the Tink, and it was, front what I could tell, at the Eden Roc motel, which is not a good area to stay. I am here for the Tink, and there were no issues during the run, this was an isolated issue. The guy was hitting the area sporadically and it was just coincidence.

There were a ton of reports, it had NOTHING to do with the Tink, and it was, front what I could tell, at the Eden Roc motel, which is not a good area to stay. I am here for the Tink, and there were no issues during the run, this was an isolated issue. The guy was hitting the area sporadically and it was just coincidence.

Thanks! This is the info I was looking for. I guess my googling skills aren't up to par. :)

Is there a thread discussing area hotels/motels? If I want to stay in a relatively cheap motel/hotel that doesn't have to be on Harbor...is there streets nearby to avoid? Safety is priority and affordable is important for what I am looking for in future trips. I know it can happen anywhere but...there are places to avoid. I want to know what those are.

I literally live in the community that has been rated the safest in Canada 3 years in a row. I almost think it is weirder if there has been no media coverage of this in Anaheim. What does that say, yikes.

I live in Canada as well, in Calgary, where violence does happen. Would you feel safer travelling here than to the U.S. because I can assure you, being nervous about something like this has nothing to do with Disneyland and everything to do with violence against women in general.

Also here it is, in the news, in Anaheim, quick google search brought up a lot of stories from news outlets in the area:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/police-597997-grove-women.html

I live in Canada as well, in Calgary, where violence does happen. Would you feel safer travelling here than to the U.S. because I can assure you, being nervous about something like this has nothing to do with Disneyland and everything to do with violence against women in general.

Also here it is, in the news, in Anaheim, quick google search brought up a lot of stories from news outlets in the area:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/police-597997-grove-women.html

Violence is VIOLENCE....it does not make it better or worse if it impacts Men or Women. It's all DISGUSTING and should not be tolerated.

We need to get out of the habit of trying to set sympathy based on gender, race, religious group, age, etc. It's counter-productive and diverts attention from problem by trying to determine who is a worse victim. Let's focus on stopping the violence regardless of the victim's sex.

I have stated at Best Western Stovall's for the last three years. It is right by Eden Roc and I have never felt unsafe there. A random act of violence. After reading my post it sounded so callous, and I didn't mean it too. I understand the pain that these women went through. Hopefully they both will recover and be able to move on from such a horrific attack.

Violence is VIOLENCE....it does not make it better or worse if it impacts Men or Women. It's all DISGUSTING and should not be tolerated.

We need to get out of the habit of trying to set sympathy based on gender, race, religious group, age, etc. It's counter-productive and diverts attention from problem by trying to determine who is a worse victim. Let's focus on stopping the violence regardless of the victim's sex.

You are quite snappy I will admit!

My whole point was that this was not about location as much as it was just about a man attacking women! I never suggested it was any worse than a man attacking another man, just removing the location factor. My post was also trying to suggest calmly that this is not about location rather than attacking the OP for being afraid of getting attacked, just like some people are doing to her here today. :confused3

I live in Canada as well, in Calgary, where violence does happen. Would you feel safer travelling here than to the U.S. because I can assure you, being nervous about something like this has nothing to do with Disneyland and everything to do with violence against women in general. Also here it is, in the news, in Anaheim, quick google search brought up a lot of stories from news outlets in the area: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/police-597997-grove-women.html

Haha I live in Edmonton Sherilaine, I'll take my chances in Anaheim ;)

My whole point was that this was not about location as much as it was just about a man attacking women!

I'm with Mr. Snappy - I don't get why you are trying to point out that it is man vs. woman violence. Who cares? It's violence. Physical violence is a concern to both women AND men. Usually the perpetrator picks on someone who is an easier target - the elderly, young children, less-physical women than him/herself or less-physical men than him/herself.

I'm with Mr. Snappy - I don't get why you are trying to point out that it is man vs. woman violence. Who cares? It's violence. Physical violence is a concern to both women AND men. Usually the perpetrator picks on someone who is an easier target - the elderly, young children, less-physical women than him/herself or less-physical men than him/herself.

I brought it up because I thought the OP was a woman that got freaked out reading about another Canadian woman getting attacked near Disneyland - that is the type of violence she was referencing. And that specific type of violence happens here in Canada all the time. To suggest that means I think all other violence is less important is a bit silly.

Always be aware of your surroundings.

I have never felt unsafe in the areas around DL but always pay attention to those around me especially when I'm walking to and from my hotel, crime is everywhere.

The one and only time I've been mugged was in Summerlin, the "safest" neighborhood in Las Vegas. I let my guard down because I was visiting a friend in an upscale gated community with million dollar homes and I didn't even notice the 2 guys walking down the sidewalk until I had a gun in my side. Fortunately all I lost was my wallet and a few hundred dollars but I learned a scary lesson, pay attention no matter where you are.

Always be aware of your surroundings.

I have never felt unsafe in the areas around DL but always pay attention to those around me especially when I'm walking to and from my hotel, crime is everywhere.

The one and only time I've been mugged was in Summerlin, the "safest" neighborhood in Las Vegas. I let my guard down because I was visiting a friend in an upscale gated community with million dollar homes and I didn't even notice the 2 guys walking down the sidewalk until I had a gun in my side. Fortunately all I lost was my wallet and a few hundred dollars but I learned a scary lesson, pay attention no matter where you are.

I agree with this. When I am walking down a street or something (day or night) I am always looking around. I look for people who might be following me, watching me and anything that just doesn't look right. Bad things can happen anywhere. I dont care if I'm in a town where nothing bad has happened for 10 years, I'm not letting my guard down.

I just watched a video about it this morning. The two ladies were from Ontario and were staying at the Alamo Motel.

What a terrible thing to happen, no matter where it is!!! :sad2:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.1646520

Here's a map of the area hotels, the Alamo is kind of far from DL and not in the area we tend to stay. http://accommodationsneardisney.com/Disneyland/default.asp I'm sorry this happened and glad they fought back and that they suspect was apprehended. As others have said this can happen anywhere and does happen everywhere. *Thank You Timon, for the update on the hotel information*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter