Wonder ~ February 6 2011 ~ Mexican Riviera

We are 7500 with a window all the way in the front of the ship. We have always had inside rooms so this is a step up for us but we would still like to have a balcony some day.

I WONDER what the weather will be like? Have any of you cruised during this time of year before? This is really the only concern I have about going this time of year...

We went Feb 2006 and it was the best weather of all three cruises we have done there! Just beautiful! May be cold leaving LA though.

We are Debbie, Jim, and Tyler and we booked as soon as the dates opened and took one of the secret porthole rooms, but DS is 26 so he doesn't sail free! We have always sailed mid-ship and this is the first time trying this so close to the front. We had smooth sailings on our last 3 trips.

We went Feb 2006 and it was the best weather of all three cruises we have done there! Just beautiful! May be cold leaving LA though.

We are Debbie, Jim, and Tyler and we booked as soon as the dates opened and took one of the secret porthole rooms, but DS is 26 so he doesn't sail free! We have always sailed mid-ship and this is the first time trying this so close to the front. We had smooth sailings on our last 3 trips.

WOW! Really? That is so great to hear...THANKS!

Well, its started...just changed cabins from a 9A, 7012 to a 7 - 7626. I've been obsessing about wanted fresh air, so I did it. Not sure if its "worth it"...but then thought about how miserable it could be without.....anyone else got their cabin assignments?

Our friends just switched from a 9A to a 5B, with a room assignment. We have a 5C GTY (not sure exactly what that means). I know it is a verandah room, but not sure what GTY means exactly...I don't think I had a choice of rooms when I booked the cruise. I was actually trying to book a category 9 room, and while I was doing the online hold the rooms were disappearing. I actually took what I could get. I am pleased with the category. I think having the verandah will be nice...

You mentioned that it will be your birthday on the cruise...What day? And what better way is there to spend your birthday :banana:

Our friends just switched from a 9A to a 5B, with a room assignment. We have a 5C GTY (not sure exactly what that means). I know it is a verandah room, but not sure what GTY means exactly...I don't think I had a choice of rooms when I booked the cruise. I was actually trying to book a category 9 room, and while I was doing the online hold the rooms were disappearing. I actually took what I could get. I am pleased with the category. I think having the verandah will be nice...

You mentioned that it will be your birthday on the cruise...What day? And what better way is there to spend your birthday :banana:

The GTY, as I understand, is a the promise that you will be placed in any cabin of the ships choosing that is at least at category 5B. The upside, you may find yourself in a 4 for the same price. The downside is that you will have no control whatsoever in the location, so if you end up with a forward, thats it..if its next to the elevator/stairs/club etc. that's the breaks. It seems with a 5B you should be pretty well set just about anywhere, though. the risk is in the lowest cats that you could end up somewhere not so pleasant, but then the reward for the risk is paying a really low rate in hopes of getting better. KWIM? If they are booking GTY rooms, it means that a large percentage of the cabins in that cat are booked already, at least thats what I've read. There is an online travel site that you can see which cabins are still available, so you can play a bit and dream.
My 40th b-day is the 10th, so we will be in Mazatlan. I'm looking forward to it! :banana: How many women say thay are looking forward to 40? :lmao:

Hi everyone!! :yay:
This is our fourth cruise all on Disney (except DD this will be her 3rd). Hoping to make It our 5th. I have this Dis and Disney cruise addiction. I just can't seem to overcome it. Keeps me up at night reading posts. LOL realy though, I am seriously addicted.
We currently have a deposit down for a 7night in January with the babies from before this great deal came out. Looking into moving it to either the Panama (if they offer kids sail free, then I’ll have to find out how to come up with the money) or a mom and dad only 4night sometime in September.
Cast:
Me (turning 37 Feb 6th) joining our birthday group ;)
DH (42)
Ds (13)
Ds (2 ½)
DD (1 ½)

Also coming:
My mother (60)
My Grandmother (84)
And Ds(13) best friend (12) (had another kid free so he is coming with us)

The MR is not my first choice as we are missing Castaway Cay and the water is way cold. So I am hoping for everyone to help me get excited and plan a great trip. [Off topic, Growing up in San Diego I never knew that ocean water could be warm.]

We are coming from Denver and will likely fly in late Friday to avoid potential air delays. We are skipping DL and trying something near the port and cheap. I am from San Diego but a long time ago. Actually just took a 2 week RV trip to San Diego to visit my Grandma (but she moved to CO a month before unexpectedly). This is where the 4 night without kids (even the babies:confused:) as two weeks in an RV from CO to CA was a bit taxing. :scared1: but we had a great trip still.

Speaking of the babies. They are one year and three weeks apart and we are having a joint b-day party for them on the 4th so off to get it together. (B-days June 16 & July 7)

Can’t wait to get to know everyone better. I have been on the boards and tend to be a lurker. I am trying to step it up a bit. My DH thinks it's odd :rolleyes1I don't meet anyone once we are on the ship so hoping to not do that this time.

See you all soon:thumbsup2:cool1:popcorn::

This will be the first cruise ever for hubby, DS and I. I am sooo excited. Our DS will be 3 yrs old and I will be celebrating my birthday on 2/11 (part of the reason why I booked the cruise). Just found out about being able to decorate your stateroom door with magnetic signs (so cool!) I am totally intrigued by the whole Fish Extender thing. Has anyone done it on a previous cruise? How exactly does it work? I've seen some adorable FEs on ebay for sale. I think my DS will get a kick out of it (OK, maybe me too :yay: ) Has anyone bought the PassPorters Disney Cruise Clues book? I didn't know if it was worth buying.

This will be the first cruise ever for hubby, DS and I. I am sooo excited. Our DS will be 3 yrs old and I will be celebrating my birthday on 2/11 (part of the reason why I booked the cruise). Just found out about being able to decorate your stateroom door with magnetic signs (so cool!) I am totally intrigued by the whole Fish Extender thing. Has anyone done it on a previous cruise? How exactly does it work? I've seen some adorable FEs on ebay for sale. I think my DS will get a kick out of it (OK, maybe me too :yay: ) Has anyone bought the PassPorters Disney Cruise Clues book? I didn't know if it was worth buying.

Hi MamaSue, haven't cruised yet but have planned on it several times but it looks like this one will finally become a reality because of the KSF :goodvibes. We have 4 kids u see ;). Anyways, have bought the Passporter Disney Cruise Clues, I downloaded it and had it printed. I like it, it's about 100 pages with tips from planning to packing. I've had it for a couple of years and it's a keeper :thumbsup2

I'd love to get the kids into chatting with other kids there age who will be on the cruise....is there a forum for that? My kids are DS-18, DS-15, DS-13, DD-13, DS-10 (will turn 11 on 2/10) and DD-6
So excited to get to know everyone on here and maybe even on the boat!

Please let me know if u guys decide to do a chat thing with the kids. My kids would love that and it will keep them occupied until the cruise (we've been dreaming about this for YEARS!).

DS1- 12 Cj
DS2- 9 Colin
DS3- 7 Cam
DS4- 4 Corey

I am also interested in doing a FE but don't really understand how it works. It just sounds like a lot of fun.

Would also be interested in getting the kids together to chat, Hunter will be 10 when we cruise and Mackenzie will be 9. Seems like there are quite a few others in their age group. Not sure how would be the best way for them to chat though!

I feel overwhelmed with all the things to research for this cruise!! We are very excited though! Would be interested in learning how to do the FE!!

how do I find out which rooms are still available (we're cat10 GTY) ? I've been on the Disney Cruise site but can't find out where the rooms that are still available are.

Hello again ~ DD and I just returned from Disneyland *we had a great time*

My kids are ~
DS - Carter *10 now and will be in early Feb. but he'll be closer to 11 *his B-day is 4/20
DD - Lilly *she just turned 7 on 7/3

DD is a social butterfly, can make a friend anywhere, DS not so much - if he's not gonna see you again he's not gonna make an effort to get to know you :confused: I'd love it if he could get to know some kids his age prior to the cruise.

My kids are ~
DS - Carter *10 now and will be in early Feb. but he'll be closer to 11 *his B-day is 4/20

DD is a social butterfly, can make a friend anywhere, DS not so much - if he's not gonna see you again he's not gonna make an effort to get to know you :confused: I'd love it if he could get to know some kids his age prior to the cruise.

We have a son who will turn 11 on the trip (2-11). He is a little shy at first, but warms up pretty quickly. He is a bit of a "nerd" in that he loves to read, loves math and science, etc, but he also plays football and wrestles a bit. He'd probably love to chat with your son prior to the cruise.

My kids are ~

Glad you had a good trip. My daughters will be 7 in October so they will be the same age as your Lilly. I have one social butterfly and the other is a bit quiter but still makes frineds fairly easily. She just never gets a word in when her sister is near.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter