Wonder in the Caribbean!!! 04/27/2014

I find it interesting that in early Jan there was very little stateroom inventory, and at one point, you could only find a room for 2 adults - no 4 people rez left. Now after the final PIF date, there's a lot of inventory. The concierge rooms have been sold out for months, and there's even a few of those now.

I read over and over on the boards to log in at midnight on your PIF date in order to get an early PAT. Our TA stressed this too, so I did it - ..tired and dragging the next day.....LOL.... Only to find several days later the PAT times were all still available - same with Palo and excursions. Cabanas on CC were all gone, but I expected that - nor did I want one....

For those that have sailed a lot, is this normal? If we sail DCL again, I'll not take my chances with logging in days later, but I'm a little surprised by all of this.

For those guests who have already signed up through me for the private mixology..... Please mark your calendars for 4/28 at 2pm in the Cadillac Lounge. Your names/cabin numbers have been sent to DCL Group Event Department and they will charge directly to your cabins so please be sure to attend. If possible please arrive 10 minutes prior to ensure the class starts on time. I will send reminders as we get closer!

I am happy to report the 30 spaces for the Private Mixology are FULL. Please double check your names/cabin numbers. As soon as I hear back from Disney Reservations with a confirmation on time I will let you know. I have requested 2pm on the first day at sea. Remember your rooms will be charged directly by Disney Cruise so please don't be a no show.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5sL5Unf4SPpbVpjb0lSaXRubXM/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Tracy

Link to the private mixology listing for all to confirm your reservations.

Hi, my husband and I have been lurking but just created this account. We have cruised before but this will be our first Disney cruise and are so excited. I just sent off an email to sign up for the FE exchange and also signed up to the FB page. Can't wait for April!

We are excited to announce a Meet & Greet for all of our DisBoards and Facebook Group Friends.

When: Sunday April 27th from 2:30 to 3:30 pm

Where: Wavebands, Deck 3 Forward

This is a great way to kick off your cruise and make some new friends who are just as big of Disney fans as you are!!!!! So please come join us and put a friendly face to a chat board name!

I will also have some Mickey buttons to hand out so you can wear them during the cruise and easily be identified by other group members!

Happy Sailing!

Tracy

Did anyone else notice that the pirate party was moved to the first sea day? Is that a mistake? Thought it was on Cozumel day.

Did anyone else notice that the pirate party was moved to the first sea day? Is that a mistake? Thought it was on Cozumel day.

Thanks for posting this! it has moved.....how can they do this to planners like me!? This means the posted 5-day Navigators - that took us forever to be able to see - will be different now too........

I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it. Interesting.

I might call tomorrow to check if it's really changed. I'd rather it on the sea day so that the kiddies can have a chance to stay up. I think a port day will be to exhausting for them.

Hi there,

I just found out about Fish Extenders, and I would love to participate. How do I sign up?

Also, this thread is listed as "Itinerary C", but my reservation is for the same dates, same ship, but Itinerary A; does this matter?

Glad to have found this thread!

Hi there,

I just found out about Fish Extenders, and I would love to participate. How do I sign up?

Also, this thread is listed as "Itinerary C", but my reservation is for the same dates, same ship, but Itinerary A; does this matter?

Glad to have found this thread!

Here is the info on the fish extender..... Also don't forget to join our facebook group!

We officially have an FE Gift exchange underway!

If anyone else would like to participate, just reply to this post or send me a pm (spencertracy1976@yahoo.com), I will update the list periodically. You can also add via the Dis board thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=49854858#post49854858
Please provide me with the following….
-- DISboard username
-- Cabin # (if you know it already) (please update me of any changes prior to sailing)
-- Family Last Name (helps with personalizing family gifts)
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies, etc

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example.
Our group will close Sunday, March 16th (6 weeks prior to sail date). This allows people plenty of time to order, make, assemble, personalize, etc their gifts. Thank you!!

What Is An FE Gift Exchange?
For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each other’s extenders.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32651483&postcount=378

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

I'm just getting us started and organized, so if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, please post!! Can't wait to see everyone!

Thank you so much spencertracy1976. Did not even know this board existed until researching fish extenders. Will send PM with informaion and join facebook page later today. We are so looking forward to this trip. Thanks to everone here who has shared, you have already made this trip more enjoyable.....

Hi Everyone!

My family has just booked this cruise as our very 1st cruise and we are super excited! When reviewing what I should know for our first trip I was referred to this thread. I am very exciting in learning any helpful tips and tricks.

I have also heard a little about the fish extender program and would love to join in as my kids would get a kick out of it. Is this still a possibility?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter