Wonder - January 21, 2011 The Cruise To Nowhere In Particular..

Anyone considering the California 2-day cruise to nowhere on the Wonder Jan 21-23 2011? Is it worth the cost? The inside cabins start at $439 for two pp. It may be a short/expensive trip but I spend that much on a weekend trip to DL. You can find it on the DCL website under Mexican Riveria-January 2011.

My DD and I are booked on the July 5th Dream and thought this might me a great way to test the waters so to speak since it will be her first cruise.

after reading your post I went and also found a sideways 11B. I'm in 6511. Thanks for the suggestion. We have not done a sideways room before.:thumbsup2

Way Cool! I've heard from those who have been in this type of room that it feels roomier than the standard Cat11B. (Lots of friends swear by this!)

I may be! When did this show up? I just saw that the onboard time is 4:00 on Friday. Do you think we will board around 11:00 like from Florida to have the day on the boat? As a California family, this may be a great option!

I am sailing the north bound repo and our itinerary says guests on board at 4pm, I believe that is for sailing at 5pm. I think the port does not open as early there as it does in FL, however, now that the Wonder will be in CA as a home port, DCL my get a dedicated building and be able to accomodate guests differently than last time they had a ship there. She will be fresh out of dry dock, all clean and spiffy! Could be fun, surely no swimming as it will be dang cold in the pacific.

Thanks for posting!!! we would love to do this, i priced out for 4 people, its $830+ (inside) w/c is ok but deposit is still $200/person.... :confused3.

I am sailing the north bound repo and our itinerary says guests on board at 4pm, I believe that is for sailing at 5pm. I think the port does not open as early there as it does in FL, however, now that the Wonder will be in CA as a home port, DCL my get a dedicated building and be able to accomodate guests differently than last time they had a ship there. She will be fresh out of dry dock, all clean and spiffy! Could be fun, surely no swimming as it will be dang cold in the pacific.

I spoke to someone at DCL today and she guessed that boarding would be at 1:00, just like in Florida. Now we all know they board earlier than that there, but I guess it would be safe to assume that we could board for this cruise by 1.

When does she go into dry dock? Please remind me of how long she is contracted to the west coast. Thanks!

She will be fresh out of dry dock, all clean and spiffy! Could be fun, surely no swimming as it will be dang cold in the pacific.

Where did you get this drydock info? The Wonder's last scheduled drydock was last Fall and there is a two week gap between the Alaska cruises and returning to LA in 2011 - which there is speculation of a drydock in Canada.

I'm really excited for this cruise! My husband and I have never been on a cruise before, and we just booked this one! This is a perfect opportunity to test out cruising before we commit to a longer/more expensive trip! I would really appreciate any info on Disney Cruises, because we know nothing!

Where did you get this drydock info? The Wonder's last scheduled drydock was last Fall and there is a two week gap between the Alaska cruises and returning to LA in 2011 - which there is speculation of a drydock in Canada.

Dang if I am not confused! I thought it was going to be following the AK-CA repo! LOL, I am an idiot.

Dry dock is following the last Alaskan cruise. Once that is done, there is a 5 night cruise back to California.

Dry dock will most likey be in Canada, because the southbound repo sails from Vancouver.

Whoo! Hoo! Just learned that a good friend of mine at work has booked this cruise as well. Her Family snagged the sideways 11B right next to mine. We're going to link ressies so that we'll dine together. Getting more jazzed about this cruise all the time!

Anyone considering the California 2-day cruise to nowhere on the Wonder Jan 21-23 2011? Is it worth the cost? The inside cabins start at $439 for two pp. It may be a short/expensive trip but I spend that much on a weekend trip to DL. You can find it on the DCL website under Mexican Riveria-January 2011.

My DD and I are booked on the July 5th Dream and thought this might me a great way to test the waters so to speak since it will be her first cruise.

You're right about spending that much in DL! Food is crazy expensive. I figure that my family of four would spend as much for two nights at the Grand Cali. and then having to spend more on food! I'm jazzed about this cruise. I got ahold of a sideways 11B.

I may be! When did this show up? I just saw that the onboard time is 4:00 on Friday. Do you think we will board around 11:00 like from Florida to have the day on the boat? As a California family, this may be a great option!

I'm guessing that in order to sail by 5pm they'd have to be boarding by 1pm.

I spoke to someone at DCL today and she guessed that boarding would be at 1:00, just like in Florida. Now we all know they board earlier than that there, but I guess it would be safe to assume that we could board for this cruise by 1.

When does she go into dry dock? Please remind me of how long she is contracted to the west coast. Thanks!

Thanks for checking on that. I figured that from Disneyland taking the LA Freeways I'll need to leave Anaheim pretty early to make the 1pm boarding.

I'm really excited for this cruise! My husband and I have never been on a cruise before, and we just booked this one! This is a perfect opportunity to test out cruising before we commit to a longer/more expensive trip! I would really appreciate any info on Disney Cruises, because we know nothing!

See us on the Cruise Meets thread for this cruise. I'd love to see you there. And Happy to answer any questions that you have. We've been on DCL twice so far, so I have a small amount of experience.

Thanks for checking on that. I figured that from Disneyland taking the LA Freeways I'll need to leave Anaheim pretty early to make the 1pm boarding.

It only takes about 40 minutes to get from Disneyland to the port. Maybe a little more with traffic but you won't have to leave too early. In fact, I wouldn't leave too early that way you avoid morning traffic.

Last week I spent about 2 hours getting from Anaheim to Universal due to traffic. So I've soured a bit on LA traffic. I was thinking about plotting some off freeway routes. What's the best Fwy to take for that route. (I learned from delivering pizzas in my youth that the most direct route is often not the fastest route.)

I really really really hope that a lot of the PCers will get off and not try to do B2B, bumping us out of our coveted Sideways 11s. I have the same room on this cruise as I do on the Ca to CA repo in April. I couldn't believe the price for 2, less than 500. No transfers, I will drive over.

Although if someone really wants to stay put in my chosen and paid for room, DCL can always give me a sweet upgrade.

It is very popular, my TA said they booked at least 4 yesterday as soon as it was announced and after I booked, all Cat 11Cs were gone.

I really really really hope that a lot of the PCers will get off and not try to do B2B, bumping us out of our coveted Sideways 11s. I have the same room on this cruise as I do on the Ca to CA repo in April. I couldn't believe the price for 2, less than 500. No transfers, I will drive over.

Although if someone really wants to stay put in my chosen and paid for room, DCL can always give me a sweet upgrade.

It is very popular, my TA said they booked at least 4 yesterday as soon as it was announced and after I booked, all Cat 11Cs were gone.

That's my thinking, bump me if you must, but I'll have an oceanview please. And none of that small porthole business.

Hehe hi Stichy! Yes we're considereing this cruise, but you already know that! Still trying to decide! Anyone know what the cancellation policy is off the top of your head?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter