Wonder January 4 2016 Galveston to Puerto Rico

We are booked! It's myself, my DH and my DD Sabrina who will be 3 at the time of cruising!! Woohoo!!!

We are booked! It's myself, my DH and my DD Sabrina who will be 3 at the time of cruising!! Woohoo!!!

Glad you are joining us. Sailing will be me, my DH and my DD (who is all grown up, but still loves to be with us).

Aww I hope my DD will be like that when she is all grown up too!
I saw you live in Texas! Yay for only needing one flight for you! We choose this one because my best friend lives in Spring just north of Houston so we are going to visit them a few days before the cruise.
Have you sailed before? This will be my 6th, my DH's 5th, and my DD's 3rd :)

Aww I hope my DD will be like that when she is all grown up too!
I saw you live in Texas! Yay for only needing one flight for you! We choose this one because my best friend lives in Spring just north of Houston so we are going to visit them a few days before the cruise.
Have you sailed before? This will be my 6th, my DH's 5th, and my DD's 3rd :)

Yes, she is handicapped, so she still lives with us, but she is my running buddy. We go to WDW a lot together and let me tell you, she is a lot more fun than her father.
Yes, we will only have the one flight, but I have flown to Puerto Rico and that is a long flight to me. I am used to two hours or a little more when we go to Florida, so the almost 5 hour flight to me is long. But I drive 6 hours to Galveston or to other parts of TX and that is not a big deal to me!!! I know, my logic is warped.
This cruise will be my and my DH's 10th and my DD's 6th. My DH and I plan to do the Panama westbound in May of 2016 and he wanted us to be platinum for that one. We have been on the Fantasy 2 times, the Magic 3 times and this cruise will make 5 times for the Wonder. I have not done the Dream yet.

We just did the westbound transatlantic...14 days is the best! Panama Canal is definitely on our bucket list!! Thank you for starting the thread :)

We just did the westbound transatlantic...14 days is the best! Panama Canal is definitely on our bucket list!! Thank you for starting the thread :)

We did the eastbound Panama back in Sept 2013, but my DH wants to do it again, so I told him I wanted to do the westbound and we could not get the category we wanted for 2015, so I felt 2016 was a good year. Just waiting for it to be released. I have not decided if I want to do a transatlantic yet.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust:
Have a great cruise! :beach:

Hi, just off the Wonder and booked this cruise along with the round trip San juan the following week! It will be me and DH on this part, not sure if he is staying on for the second part or not! We live north of Houston in The Woodlands /Spring area!!
Elaine

Hi, just off the Wonder and booked this cruise along with the round trip San juan the following week! It will be me and DH on this part, not sure if he is staying on for the second part or not! We live north of Houston in The Woodlands /Spring area!!
Elaine

Welcome, so glad you have joined us.

My husband and I did the Southern Caribbean in October and the Repo back to Florida and we really enjoyed it. This trip we will have our adult daughter with us and it will be her first visit to Puerto Rico. Trying to decide if we will stay a few extra days to sightsee some more or what we will do.

I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas.

It is getting close to the one year mark for our countdown. I know it seems like a long time away, but I also know in some was it will probably fly by.

For now the countdown is for 2015!!

Merry Christmas to you too! I can't believe we still have a year to go!!! But you are right I'm sure time will fly by!!

Unfortunately, posts have been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM. For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sailing w/ friends on this cruise. Party of 4 adults in our cabin. Wish to join FE group. Did S Carib on Magic; like that this adds two new islands and competes my goal of traveling on all four ships.

Sailing w/ friends on this cruise. Party of 4 adults in our cabin. Wish to join FE group. Did S Carib on Magic; like that this adds two new islands and competes my goal of traveling on all four ships.

you can message me to be put on the FE list
Elaine

For the FE if anyone else is interested, pm me or send me an email and we will make sure to get the FE updated and keep all informed.

We are at the one year mark. I know it will probably fly by.

I hope I do this right as this is my first post on this board.

Hi, I have a hold on a room for this cruise and as this would be the first cruise for the family I have a few questions.

For context on the questions we are asking. We are a family of three, the hubs, my 8 (9 on the cruise) year old daughter and me. We travel as much as possible given school schedules and going to miss a week of school for the cruise (oh no!!). Since this is our first cruise (we are normally off the beaten path kind of travelers) we want to get a good idea of what it's about and do all the stuff disney offers. We have been to disney world 4 or 5 times since my daughter was born. Ok enough about us, here are the questions.

1. I'm making a decision between a dream cruise and this one leaving the same day. The dream cruise is only 4 nights and I think with all I've seen to do on board we need a little longer cruise for our first time. Would ya'll agree??

2. Trying to decide on transportation to the port. I live in Texas but we don't live in the Galvestion area so we are thinking of getting one way tickets. I understan how the disney bus would work from Houston, but not so much in Puerto Rico. Do the buses take you straight away to the airport? I was thinking of booking a later flight back so wouldn't want to spend all that time in an airport. So, should we do our own transport (ie: taxi) once we land in PR?

3. I've seen the fish extenders here and looked it up and seem fun. Do you have to do gifts everyday or just a couple of times?

That's all for now. So hoping I will be part of this group offically when I book if I am not talked out of this cruise for the dream one. :) And thank you for any and all advice!!!

Barbara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter