WONDER May 20, 2007

I guess nobody else is going on this cruise from the Dis boards? My DH & I will have the whole ship to ourselves! :confused3 :thumbsup2

Oh, OK, I just looked at your signature, you all cruised right before we did on the Magic in May, you were getting off & we were getting on! That was our 7th Disney cruise. :banana: Glad to see that at last somebody is going on next years cruise with us from the Dis Boards! :cheer2:

Hi all
We will also be on that cruise. We have 4 staterooms reserved. It will be my DH and myself, DD and husband and two grandsons(2,5), DS and his girlfriend (both in the military) and two more grandsons(8,6) and my father and friend. All together we will have a table of 12. We cruised last year with DVC and suprised my sons boys by not letting know they were going and told them that we were just visiting the ship They had a great time
I am sure this will be great also.
Hope to see you then
Kathy

Hello John VN!
Welcome to our thread! :thumbsup2
I see you live in Florida, may I ask where? As you can see, we live in Clearwater, been here for 23 years, originally from NC. Love it here! Maybe we'll start getting more post now. Boy, Disney probably really loves you for having 4 staterooms reserved! Sounds like a great family vacation! We have cruised in the past with DD & her husband, & a year ago with them & grandaughter & the husband's parents. We had a great time. Our grandaughter is now 2 1/2 & she's getting a sister in November! So exciting, nothing like grandchildren! :banana: I hope this thread will stay active & more Disers join! ;)

We live in Englewood, which is south of Sarasota. Our daughter lives in St. Cloud(right outside of Orlando. When we come up in our RV we always have her coming over with her two boys. Grandchildren are great.
Kathy

Hi Everyone,

So, what are you folks doing on our Nassau day? We booked a room at Comfort Suites, so we'll head over to Atlantis and check out the beach and pools.

I am SO looking forward to Castaway Cay! When we were there in May, it was very overcast and it rained a little :( Definitely put a 'damper' on the day, so to speak. Hoping for better luck this time around.

We'll probably be doing Atlantis on our own. Our first cruise in 2000 was a 4 day & when we arrived at Nassau we wanted to go to Atlantis, took water taxi over, didn't know what the heck to do next, ended up walking & then it poured buckets while we walked. Went inside the hotel to bathrooms & tried to dry off then took taxi back to ship. By that time it had stopped raining, went back to stateroom & changed clothes then back off ship & I got braids for my hair, did a little shopping & that was it. So last year when we were again on the Wonder we were with daughter, son-in-law, 1 1/2 year old grandaughter, & son-n-law's parents. We went on the beach excursion to Atlantis, another big mistake for a lot of reasons. So this time we are cruising by ourselves & going to do the hotel on our own. Just want to do the dig, see the aquarium, etc. (Hope the third time's a charm :rotfl: )

I believe we will be joining you. 4 days on the Wonder? It will be myself, DH, DD 16, & DS 12. We are doing land & sea. Never been to WDW before or been on a cruise. I am soooo excited! It will be our wedding anniversary and my 40th :eek: birthday. At my age, this much excitement could cause irreversible damage!

Welcome Christy & family!
Once you go on this cruise you will be back..........it's very habit forming :cool1: This will be our 8th Disney cruise & we started with a 4 day. May will be here before you know it :woohoo:

Bill & Barbara

Thanks for the warm welcome. I sure hope you're right, I want May to arrive yesterday! Lol I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas.

Eight times!? Guess I know where to come with my inevitable questions! What other cruises have you done? Have you been on both Magic & Wonder? Any tips for first timers?

Longing for May...

Christy

Christy,
Sorry it took so long to reply, we went out of state last weekend & this is the first chance to reply.
Our first cruise was a 4 day on Wonder in 2000. Since 4 days goes by fast we decided to go on a 7 day Eastern on Magic with our daughter & her husband in 2001. Then in 2002 we (the 4 of us) went on the western inaugural cruise. Then 2003 back on the 7 day Eastern, the 4 of us again. Then 2004 my husband & myself took the 10 day Christmas cruise on the Magic. Then 2005 there were 7 of us, our daughter & her husband & their 1 1/2 year old daughter, & son-in-law's parents, on a 4 day Wonder cruise. Then this year, 2006 the two of us back on an Eastern Magic cruise & of course next year another 4 day. I am looking forward to the changes that have been made on the Wonder during dry dock. The changes on the Magic were great! The increased space in the work out room was good & the new big screen "dumbotron" is wonderful, just to name a few of the things that have changed. The only advice I can come up with right now is don't try to do everything in the Navigator, (which would be impossible anyway) but relax & remember this is a vacation in which you will be spoiled beyond belief! ;) The thread at the top of the cruise section ("FAQ") will help you get an idea on how to plan, some of the suggestions you will use, some you will not. Since you have never been to WDW or cruise you are going to feel like you are a kid again, enjoy every minute, there's nothing like DISNEY :cheer2: The planning & anticipation is very exciting too & before you know it, it will be here! If you have any questions in the future, don't hesitate to ask, I should be paid for all the PR that I've given Disney, I can't say enough about what a wonderful cruise line it is :thumbsup2 :Pinkbounc :banana: ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter