Wonder Nov18th 2007 Anyone???

Well, I'll be by my lonesome on the bike! My DF cannot ride a bike (can you believe it?) so I may race him in the shuttle down to the private beach after we drop Ben at Scuttle's Cove!

I am sorry, TCB, you did say you were up the panhandle. What threw me off is your tag says NE Florida. I think Jax Beach when I see that. So you are in LA (Lower Alabama!). My ex-husband is an engineer and worked for WMBB for two years. I used to bring Ben up to see him. Fond memories. I actually took a day trip with Ben over to the museum there in Pensacola. My dad was an airplane mechanic in WWII and loved planes. He got me to be bitten by the bug. I am a bit of a kook when it comes to the Blue Angels, air shows and the F22's, etc!

I can't believe I put in NE rather than NW almost three years ago and haven't caught it! Yes, this is basically LA, although with tourists.

DH's SUV broke down yesterday :mad: so here's hoping it can be fixed before we leave Saturday. Otherwise, we'll be pilling into my sedan. At least it picked here to have the problem rather than out in the middle of I-75.

I've got 2! school T'giving lunches today. I can't wait until next year when the DSs are in the same school!

Hey all you Floridians, 70's is cold?!?!?!?!? That sounds like a heat wave to me! I can't wait to get my flip-flops back on! I'm still bring jackets for the evenings on the deck. What are water temps like in the ocean?

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Water temps should be mid 70's. The dry, cooler air (as opposed to typically humid, warm conditions in the summer months) should make the water feel warmer.

I know, I know, you think it's funny that we Floridians are freezing our fannies off here! After ten years in FL, after growing up in MA, my blood has certainly thinned. I am here in my Mickey sweatshirt and sweatpants and was tempted to put SOCKS on! OMG. But it is only like 65 degrees here in the Orlando area today. Don't worry, things will be warming up.

The weather forecast is stellar for our trip! Mid to upper 70's during the day and 60's at night. Woo hoo!

Thanks, BensMom. Here in Kansas City it's been averaging in the 50's but a serious cold front is moving in to greet us when we get home on Wednesday. I finally traded in my Crocs for tennis shoes last week when we had frost outside.
I don't think you're funny about the weather - I'm just jealous. I love the fall and like winter for about a month. By February, it's pretty old, which is why we make an annual pilgimage to Florida for spring break! PARADISE!
We leave in less than 24 hours and I don't have anyone packed. I'm off to get our Bonnie and sunscreen pretty soon. I'll be looking for the Mickey bubbles for the deck party. I think I'm more excited than my kids!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks, BensMom. Here in Kansas City it's been averaging in the 50's but a serious cold front is moving in to greet us when we get home on Wednesday. I finally traded in my Crocs for tennis shoes last week when we had frost outside.
I don't think you're funny about the weather - I'm just jealous. I love the fall and like winter for about a month. By February, it's pretty old, which is why we make an annual pilgimage to Florida for spring break! PARADISE!
We leave in less than 24 hours and I don't have anyone packed. I'm off to get our Bonnie and sunscreen pretty soon. I'll be looking for the Mickey bubbles for the deck party. I think I'm more excited than my kids!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

That last line about your being more excited than your kids! :laughing: I can totally relate. We live literally 6 minutes from Disney property, and Ben humors me by going with his mom to the parks! Not that I have to drag him, but I am definitely into it more than he is. I just don't want him to get burnt out on Disney. I always tell him he's either going to hate Disney when he gets older or become the CEO! Now he tells everyone he wants to be the CEO when he grows up. I tell him, "good choice, good choice"!

He has taken quite a liking to O'Hana (food is okay, but entertainment is wonderful for the kids) and, thank goodness, California Grill! The chef makes a killer whole wheat crusted cheese pizza. (of course, he could care less what kind of flour it is made from, but I do). We just can't get ourselves off Disney property to eat, unless it's downtown Celebration, which also has some great food. I know somewhere in Orlando there exists alternative great restaurants, but we have not ventured outside the "World" yet and have been here almost three years. If I am not somewhere with purple signs with hidden black Mickey ears on the sides of the roads, I'm jonesin'!!!

There's things outside of Disney in Orlando? We haven't made it off the Disney campus yet. We go about every two years, which is enough time in between for my girls to find new/different/exciting things at the parks. My DD11 is now old enough to really enjoy the thrill rides which I love, too. Animal Kingdom is a more interesting experience for them everytime we go. I love watching how Disney changes for them as they are growing up.
So, if Ben's CEO, will you get to move into the castle?

There's things outside of Disney in Orlando? We haven't made it off the Disney campus yet. We go about every two years, which is enough time in between for my girls to find new/different/exciting things at the parks. My DD11 is now old enough to really enjoy the thrill rides which I love, too. Animal Kingdom is a more interesting experience for them everytime we go. I love watching how Disney changes for them as they are growing up.
So, if Ben's CEO, will you get to move into the castle?

LOL, I wish! I am just hoping for ultimate fastpasses! You are so right about Disney changing. We spend so much of our free time there, and we are still finding things to do. Ben can't wait to get a bit older so he can do all the behind-the-scenes tours. My fiance has been to every park around the world with the exception of the newly-opened Disneyland China, of course, before I met him, and I think that would be our next step. Then there is always Hawaii! And then the two new cruisers...then DisneySea...oh the list continues, doesn't it? Mr. Iger is doing such an incredible job growing Disney and keeping everyone interested and coming back.

Phil (DF) and I were eating at Jiko one night. We were having a glass of wine at the bar before our table was called. We got wind that Bob Iger and his family were eating there. I knew what he looked like (nice looking guy). Before I knew it, Mr. Iger and his son (about Ben's age) came walking by, regular guys, going to men's restroom. I got all giddy and said, "Ooh, ooh, should I say anything? Should I shake his hand?" I chickened out, figured he needed some downtime with his family too. But I would have loved to have shaken his hand and remarked that, since Eisner left, Disney seems a bit more magical.

Okay, I feel like an idiot, but I cannot find any designated night for "dress up" night. I am hoping it falls on the night we have ressies at Palo (19th) so I don't have to drag along two outfits. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

I checked some old navigator posted and it had dress up nite on our last nite - cruise casual the 1st nite and pirate nite or cruise casual the 2nd nite. Hope this helps .

Thanx, Mamma...it only means I pack more dress stuff! Yuk! :scared: :rolleyes: :scared1:

Woo-Hoo, getting close ... guess I'd better get packing, LOL!

I'm going to be spending the first half of tomorrow ferrying animals; the dogs go to a friends kennel that is a 5 hour round trip for me, sounds nuts but my one Shepherd is a very high drive working dog and I trust them to be able to handle her. On the way out I'll drop off my conure at a bird store that has an immaculate boarding program and then I'll have to come home and take my macaw over to a friend's house to be babysat. Then I have to get the stuff for the cats and parakeets ready for my neighbor to take care of.

Then I'll throw a few things into a suitcase for the family!

We are on a 7:00am flight out so it's gonna be a loooong day Sunday, I'll be the one with my head on the table at the pool!

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all and the boys are excited to make some new friends to hang out with.

See ya!

Tournant

Can relate to the animal thing. Houseful of all sorts of critters...including a parrot...good friend staying at house for the duration, thank goodness. Have a good flight. You will get your second wind once you "hit the deck"!

In about 12 hours we'll be on our way! :cool1: Lots to do before then -- sleep (hopefully!), exercise (otherwise I'll never make it through the drive), take our bulldog to the kennel, go to DS7's soccer game, load up the car with last minute things and LEAVE!

Looking forward to meeting you all Sunday!

So, are we all still doing the carnation thing?

Hmmm, I think I'm probably the last to post! Okay, I guess anyone with a fresh flower on them will be asked to identify themselves! :lmao:

Looks like a beautiful day for getting underway.

Woo Hoo!!!:thumbsup2

and the first to post apres trip! I hope all had a great time. The only person(s) I met were TCB and family! We got on the ship so late, we didn't even get the chance to get up to Deck 9.

It was tough to end the cruise after just three nights...don't ya think? Dreaming of our next cruise and digesting turkey...:goodvibes :cloud9:

I also only was able to meet TCB but hope everyone had as fantastic a time as we had, we've booked a 7 day to be moved to 2009 when the dates come out in 2 weeks.:cool1: :yay: My goal was to get my husband to enjoy this and I hooked him like a fish:rotfl2:

I also only was able to meet TCB but hope everyone had as fantastic a time as we had, we've booked a 7 day to be moved to 2009 when the dates come out in 2 weeks.:cool1: :yay: My goal was to get my husband to enjoy this and I hooked him like a fish:rotfl2:

Hee hee...and he probably didn't even know what hit him! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

That's terrific! I am so glad you had a great time. I cannot wait till our next, which will probably be the 7-day Eastern...we found 3 days was just too short. I am not quite fond of the ports of call, with the exception of CC. So, I am hoping the Eastern...St. Maarten, etc., will be a tad prettier. We have been to Cozumel, Costa Maya on a 7-day "special" cruise in 2006 and weren't fond of them.

I am wondering when Disney is going to have Med cruises again, hmmm...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter