WONDERful time WONDERing around Alaska - 5/24/2014 - w/Photo's & Navigator's

Day 10 - Last Sea Day

We were sad that the cruise was almost over. There wasn't much going on today, so we read a good bit, packed our bags, and I only bought 4 photo's from shutters. This coming from someone who always buys the CD. We were a little bummed that the photographers were never outside the ship taking photo's at each port like they are everywhere else I've cruised. I also bought a few items from the shops. I bought a great Vera Bradley bag with Mickey and Minnie on it. I also bought a nice Dooney and Burke bag that was priced reasonably. I will say there was a better variety for men than women in the shops that was Alaskan themed.

We had our last dinner in Parrot Cay. We had wonderful tablemates this cruise. We had a photo made of everyone at the table and our servers.

The show was Disney's Dreams, which is the best show they put on. I've seen it several times.

We caught most of the Til We Meet Again Farewell show in the Lobby Atrium. I will say it was not as good as the one that was on the Dream last September. At the end of the one on the dream, the characters sang M-I-C-K-E-Y as the final song, to bid everyone farewell. They just played some music, characters had photo's made with kids, then they danced their way out of the lobby. But the kids liked it.

Afterward we went to see the John Charles Show, which was very good. We then took in the cruise staff skit, which was hilarious. A must see. It was now very late, so we turned it.

IMG_5907_zps83eaab03.jpg

After dinner we killed time before the show by taking photo's around the ship.

IMG_5917_zps349895f8.jpg

IMG_5923_zps552da7a6.jpg

IMG_5926_zps607df92f.jpg

IMG_5927_zpsfc3a5dac.jpg

IMG_5928_zpsf7b69f06.jpg

This is where we sat most of the time to read and people watch.

IMG_5930_zps8c20299b.jpg

Singers in the lobby.

IMG_5931_zps9f53dd6a.jpg

IMG_5938_zpsd55d72ba.jpg

IMG_5939_zpsf0c0908b.jpg

IMG_5940_zps77b2ca31.jpg

IMG_5946_zps3b044725.jpg

IMG_5947_zpsd9917c01.jpg

A quick photo taken from deck 4.

IMG_5948_zpsfd60baca.jpg

DH and Ron, one of our tablemates, had no interest in watching the farewell show, so they went to save seats for us to see the John Charles show, while Betty and I watched the farewell show.

IMG_5955_zpsd8b32e85.jpg

IMG_5968_zpse5a6a1fd.jpg

IMG_5977_zps2a4cc75e.jpg

IMG_5984_zps90d83212.jpg

IMG_5991_zps9f88ad4c.jpg

IMG_5996_zps58476f28.jpg

IMG_6022_zps389fad43.jpg

The staff show.

IMG_6042_zpsb64a77bb.jpg

IMG_6045_zpsc4fb6fe8.jpg

IMG_6074_zpseca16391.jpg

Last edited:
A few photo's that I took on our way back to our cabin after the John Charles Show.

IMG_6087_zps1132131b.jpg

IMG_6088_zps580ccc6f.jpg

IMG_6089_zpsf4b41d4d.jpg

Last Towel Animal.

IMG_5915_zps393ae8b0.jpg

This is the morning we left the ship. I took a few last photo's around the ship before we departed.

IMG_6090_zpsdbac02ab.jpg

IMG_6091_zpsa236339e.jpg

IMG_6092_zps6d1101d1.jpg

IMG_6093_zps96d454d2.jpg

IMG_6094_zps1691c1da.jpg

IMG_6096_zps7c74ba87.jpg

IMG_6097_zps7fb94a35.jpg

IMG_6098_zpsf1d8ae45.jpg

Here is a photo that I took from our room at the Pan Pacific of the Disney Wonder leaving Canada Place. Sad to see it leaving without us on it, but was hoping for everyone to have a great cruise.

IMG_6548_zps3b95d7af.jpg

IMG_6558_zps83654e7a.jpg

IMG_6599_zps246c9d34.jpg

First thing my DH did when we got home was book the 7-Night Northern European Cruise, and the the 7-Night Iceland Norway Cruise for Summer 2015. First Back to Back for us. Can't wait, 14 nights on the Disney Magic.

Last edited:
Great, great photos! We are also doing a Floatplane in Ketchikan- we are going to Misty Fjords with Carlin Air- looking forward to it VERY much, it was a last minute (relatively speaking) addition for us. :)

Your pics of the Wonder leaving from port on the next cruise are spectacular! I hope the people on the cruise following yours see your photos of their sailaway. And what a gorgeous day to boot!

Congrats on your BTB- that one sounds incredible- hope you will write again-

Thanks again for getting me excited for our trip in August!

Ellen :goodvibes

Great, great photos! We are also doing a Floatplane in Ketchikan- we are going to Misty Fjords with Carlin Air- looking forward to it VERY much, it was a last minute (relatively speaking) addition for us. :)

Your pics of the Wonder leaving from port on the next cruise are spectacular! I hope the people on the cruise following yours see your photos of their sailaway. And what a gorgeous day to boot!

Congrats on your BTB- that one sounds incredible- hope you will write again-

Thanks again for getting me excited for our trip in August!

Ellen :goodvibes

Thanks, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I actually enjoyed putting it together, not only for everyone else, but for me to look back on in the future.

The float plane excursion was a last minute change for us, and it was probably our favorite excursion this trip. You will absolutely love it. All of the photo's I took from the plane were while looking out a window. I was tickled they came out as well as they did. So, don't be bashful about snapping pics while up in the air.

I hope you have a fabulous cruise in August. The scenery is so Majestic that at times it humbles you.

Allison

hygienist999, I really love your photos. You're taking pictures of things many other people don't and it makes me feel like I am there. Loving your TR!
*subscribes* :surfweb:

Thanks, I took over 3,000 photo's, which took me a week almost to go thru and get organized.

I'm going to try to get all of the Navigator's scanned and put on here before the weekend ends.

Thanks, I took over 3,000 photo's, which took me a week almost to go thru and get organized.

I'm going to try to get all of the Navigator's scanned and put on here before the weekend ends.

Thanks in advance for posting the navigators, I would love to see them! We will be on the Wonder in 2.5 weeks, did you save some Mickey Bars for us?

Lovely pictures! I would love to visit Alaska someday. Thanks for sharing your TR!

I have had a tough time with Photobucket today. But here is the Navigator's for our first day; May 24, 2014

Day1_zps38d617da.jpg

Day11_zps63401925.jpg

Day12_zps61aa7dc8.jpg

Day13_zps9d77f908.jpg

Day14_zpsc85a9f91.jpg

Scan12_zpse4ad8c1f.jpg

Very much enjoyed your trip report and pictures! My family and I are going on the Sept 1st cruise, so I love to read what previous cruisers have to say.

What tour company did you use for the Yukon Adventure? I was planning on booking that for us but I'm concerned by your review. Others seem to have good things to say about it...maybe there's more than one tour provider..? :confused3

Very much enjoyed your trip report and pictures! My family and I are going on the Sept 1st cruise, so I love to read what previous cruisers have to say.

What tour company did you use for the Yukon Adventure? I was planning on booking that for us but I'm concerned by your review. Others seem to have good things to say about it...maybe there's more than one tour provider..? :confused3

We used Disney for all of our excursions. The train was great, but we did not care for the first part, and almost 3 hours on bus was a bit much, but a least we had great views and the kids on the bus did extremely well. The other excursions thru Disney was well done, especially the float plane. I highly recommend doing a float plane tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter