Woodfields Florida Foray Day 16 The last day

floridahippy

Mouseketeer
WOODFIELDS FLORIDA FORAY - DAY 16
UGH last days don’t you just hate them!! We were all up horribly early in order to do the last minute packing and to make sure that everything was as it should be. We were picked up by a shuttle bus and taken to Reception where our luggage was put into storage. We booked out and then caught the I-ride up to Sizzlers for a buffet breakfast. We were all rather disappointed by Sizzlers – from the frosty, rude reception to the content of the buffet and the serving!!! It had been about 6 years since we last went to a Sizzlers which we had really enjoyed and in recent visits we had breakfasted a lot at Ponderosa and Golden Corral which to our view are both tons better!!! We called at a Walmart to get our last lot of digital photos done and then headed back to the resort – to suit our mood it was drizzling with rain. We sat in the Reception area and enjoyed a lovely drink from the Marketplace when in walked our return limo driver!!! I was not happy as he was over an hour early!!!!! Our friends were not due to arrive until 1pm (which was to be half an hour before our limo was meant to arrive!!) so I did panic slightly – well ok then a lot!! Well DH explained to him and he was happy to wait until they turned up which thankfully they did!! Our friends travelled behind the limo on our return to Sanford so that they could say goodbye – this was a very sad moment for us as our DD#1 decided to stay on for a few months which was a decision made due to the breakdown of a long term relationship in Lanzarote coupled with the fact that she had just recently had her operation. We had thought that we would have a drink all together before we had to go through but Sanford is NOT geared for locals saying goodbye to holiday makers they like you to book in and go through security!! So Mike took a very tearful DD#1 away with him!! We went through security very quickly and then had a long wait for our flight – which luckily left on time. It was as always a long boring flight back and we got back to a dreary and surprisingly wet UK morning!! We had the longest wait ever for our luggage to come through – well over an hour and half and then Premier gold luggage was more or less the last to come through instead of the first!!! Coach links were a free for all which ended up with a few nasty incidents, which really dampened our spirits even more. You would think that seeing you have to book seats on the National Express Coach that you would be able to reserve numbered seats so you wouldn’t all be split up all over the coach – it must be really hard if you are travelling with younger children!! We arrived home in the late evening, in heavy rain to find that the heating boiler had completely gone!!! Welcome home to Reality!!!!

I really enjoyed all the trip reports. Wish my mum was as game as your MIL . Mine cancelled 2 days before we flew out last year. My Mil is good fun but would rather go to Thailand, treking (not bad for a 73 year old). Or to Kenya to go on safari. Thinks the idea of swimming with dolphins is great but has her next 5 years worth of holidays already planned.
Can only hope I have half as much energy at that age

Karen

Thoroughly enjoyed your reports - thank you for sharing. I take my 72 year old mother - I pay and she drives - seems a fair exchange!!
Wendy

Thank you for sharing your reports with us. I enjoyed them very much :)

Thank you for sharing your holiday reports. It reminds me of all the lovely times my family had last year.

Thank you for the reports.
Has definitely helped with all my research for our proposed trip in 1-2 years.

Reid

Thanks Fi and well done, they were fantastic reports, dont forget to tell the mother in law in pack her bags for August lol.

Sue :wave:

Really enjoyed reading your reports ~ Thanx for sharing.

Just read all your reports....sounds like you had some fun family time, and what a trouper your MIL is.

Off to look at the piccies now.

Janie
:)

I hate coming home too, what a nightmare that your heating had packed in.

Oh for magic fingers that you clicked and found yourself back on your dooorstep - preferably with luggage magically unpacked, washed, ireoned and put away :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :rotfl:

Great reports - my mum had thought about coming with us :grouphug: but is a bit overweight and has high bloodpressure so was worried about the flight, plus has bad knees so walking can be difficult and standing even worse - she also hates heat and humidity, so basically not a holiday for her to consider :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter