Woodfields Florida Foray Day 8

floridahippy

Mouseketeer
WOODFIELDS FLORIDA FORAY - DAY 8
There was no stopping us this morning, straight after breakfasts we caught the I-ride up to the stop by Wet n Wild then got a taxi over to Universal!! Today was the first time we actually split up in the parks with the girls going off to do their own thing while us oldies wandered around and ended up at the Animal Show (yep did it again – forgot the snake!!!!) Never mind MIL hid behind me again and was told when it was safe to look again so she was happy. We met up again to go and see Beetlejuice’s Graveyard Revue, which was as fantastic as ever (I can always remember that the very first time we came to Universal I wouldn’t take the girls – at that time very young – to see this as I had hated the film!!!! – Thank goodness my curiosity got the better of me on the second visit!!). As there were so few people there the girls had a fantastic time meeting the cast afterwards and having photos etc. We then wandered around until it was time to see the Extreme Ghostbusters Show, which was excellent and even MIL was hurting from laughing so much!! Again we had great fun meeting them all afterwards – Beetlejuice’s reaction to the girls was hilarious – coupled with the “not you two again!!!” (On a different note I was always under the impression that Ghostbusters was just made up – I never realised that there are actually Ghost Buster Teams that go out to locations to monitor ghosts etc!! Am I the only person that didn’t know that? I only got to know this because DD#2 works in a haunted hotel in the UK and the Ghostbusters come every few months to monitor it all!!)
After closing time we walked to Wet n Wild and then got the I-ride all the way down to the Mall and caught a taxi to Macaroni Grill (near Old Town) where we had the most fantastic meal imaginable served by our friend Mike. The girls thoroughly enjoyed being able to draw on the tablecloths (honest they are 24 and 19!!!) We had great fun drawing things and then one of us drawing something else that tied in with it – for instance DH drew a tree – I drew an axe and so DD#1 drew a chainsaw to cut the tree down faster than me!!! We are mad!!! The very first year that Mike started coming to places with us he was really surprised DH’s ability at being able to eat desserts (as in plural!!) so he had got the chef to make DH a huge Chocolate cake which he brought to our table – imagine his surprise when DH (with a little help from all of us on the table) sent the plate back empty!!! Macaroni Grill makes the most delicious bread ever!! Thought you should all know that gem of wisdom! Us oldies got a taxi home but the girls stayed on to go out with Mike and his friends after Mike had finished work!

Working my way through slowley but surely Fi, great reports.

Sue :wave:

I've never seen the Beetlejuice or Ghostbusters shows. Macaroni Grill sounds nice, we may have to plan a visit there in October.

Anz :earsgirl:

I am making my way through your reports and they are so good. Glad you liked the Macroni Grill, we have one around us here in Michigan and it is really good.

:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter