Work experience required??

newyoricanny

Earning My Ears
Hi! I really want to get into the Disney College Program for spring semester but I have one concern. I never really had a job that required handling cash or customer service. I have done things that mainly have to do with dance....Dallas Opera, paid cheerleader for football teams, and doing other side projects like these.

Do I have a less of a chance of getting in because I never had actual working experience?

I've never had any kind of work experience whatsoever, and I still got accepted for this fall, so it's very possible for you to get in. :) Good luck!

Work experience isn't really important to the recruiters. In all honesty, anyone can be taught to work. They are more interested in WHO you are and what your personality is like. Fitting into the Disney image is much more important :)

Really? Wow that puts my mind at ease haha. Ok great! I have worked mainly in making people happy and I love doing it!

Hi! I really want to get into the Disney College Program for spring semester but I have one concern. I never really had a job that required handling cash or customer service. I have done things that mainly have to do with dance....Dallas Opera, paid cheerleader for football teams, and doing other side projects like these.

Do I have a less of a chance of getting in because I never had actual working experience?

If you've done dance, why not try out for an entertainment role? But you definitely don't need work experience. If you have work experience in a certain area (say cash handling) they might ask you if you want to be considered Merchandise, or Quick Service if you've worked at a food place, but you aren't required to have worked in that area before by any means. :)

In my interview, I never talked about my work history. I talked about my volunteered experience and school actitivies as they were more impressive. So nope, it doesn't matter.

You don't need work experience. My first CP was my first real job

sorry, this is the tiniest bit off topic, but for some reason I noticed here most of you are WDW Cps. Is anoyone a DLR CP?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter