Working at BBB salon...

speaknow

Earning My Ears
I'm considering applying for the college program for spring 2012.

I've heard that one of the places most people want to work is the BBB salon.

If you've worked there what was it like? What did you do?

Out of all the places you can work I think I'd most enjoy working there. I love hair and makeup and everything.

I'm BBB for fall advantage (I check-in in 3 days!!) and there are some really nice current and former FGiTs on the boards who I'm sure will pop in in a bit and answer all your questions.

Also, I have a blog that I'm planning on updating pretty regularly, so if you're interested at all in reading about my experience the link is in my sig. I have some early posts about what the application process and interviews were like for me, and some info I've been told about costumes, locations, tipping, and things like that.

Good luck!!

I'm BBB for fall advantage (I check-in in 3 days!!) and there are some really nice current and former FGiTs on the boards who I'm sure will pop in in a bit and answer all your questions.

Also, I have a blog that I'm planning on updating pretty regularly, so if you're interested at all in reading about my experience the link is in my sig. I have some early posts about what the application process and interviews were like for me, and some info I've been told about costumes, locations, tipping, and things like that.

Good luck!!

Thank you. I'll most defiantly check out your blog.

I'm still debating weather I wanna do it. From what I've read the only one I wanna do so far is the BBB salon.

Is there a difference between doing it in the fall and doing the fall advantage?

Good Luck!

Thank you. I'll most defiantly check out your blog.

I'm still debating weather I wanna do it. From what I've read the only one I wanna do so far is the BBB salon.

Is there a difference between doing it in the fall and doing the fall advantage?

Good Luck!

Thanks!!

Fall advantage just means late May/early June to early January, whereas normal fall is August to early January. Spring is generally January to May and Spring advantage is January to August. When you apply you specify if you want advantage or the normal program, and then when you accept you pick your arrival date.

Thanks!!

Fall advantage just means late May/early June to early January, whereas normal fall is August to early January. Spring is generally January to May and Spring advantage is January to August. When you apply you specify if you want advantage or the normal program, and then when you accept you pick your arrival date.

Thanks you've been a big help.

If anyone has/had any blogs on this I'd love to read them!

Hey there! I was a BBB CP and I stayed after my CP, so I'm still pixie dustin'! :) I can answer any questions you have! It's very fun and if you love hair and make-up it's perfect for you, as long as you love interacting with kids too!

Hey there! I was a BBB CP and I stayed after my CP, so I'm still pixie dustin'! :) I can answer any questions you have! It's very fun and if you love hair and make-up it's perfect for you, as long as you love interacting with kids too!

Yes I actually love hair and makeup and I'm currently in school to become an Early Childhood teacher.

I've heard it's a very hard job to get but it's one of the best jobs you can have working there.

Do you need prior hair/makeup experience? My love for makeup and hair came from watching beauty youtube videos. That's how I really got into it.

I can't really think of anything else off the top of my head but if you want to, feel free to tell me anything you think I should/might wanna know.

Thanks alot!

Yes I actually love hair and makeup and I'm currently in school to become an Early Childhood teacher.

I've heard it's a very hard job to get but it's one of the best jobs you can have working there.

Do you need prior hair/makeup experience? My love for makeup and hair came from watching beauty youtube videos. That's how I really got into it.

I can't really think of anything else off the top of my head but if you want to, feel free to tell me anything you think I should/might wanna know.

Thanks alot!

That's perfect. Prior experience with hair is not required, but can help. We only have 3 styles and they're pretty simple once you get the hang of them. Experience with children is more important I think. It is after all, about the experience you give the princesses princess:. I worked at Build-a-Bear Workshop and did a lot of kids parties there, etc. And I'm a certified make-up artist. Maybe that will help you get an idea of what they look for. Some girls didn't have any significant past experience, they just had really upbeat personalities. You can't be afraid to talk a lot and say/do silly things. :rotfl:

I started this thread a long time ago and it's died out since :(, but it has a lot of answered questions! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2695733

That's perfect. Prior experience with hair is not required, but can help. We only have 3 styles and they're pretty simple once you get the hang of them. Experience with children is more important I think. It is after all, about the experience you give the princesses princess:. I worked at Build-a-Bear Workshop and did a lot of kids parties there, etc. And I'm a certified make-up artist. Maybe that will help you get an idea of what they look for. Some girls didn't have any significant past experience, they just had really upbeat personalities. You can't be afraid to talk a lot and say/do silly things. :rotfl:

I started this thread a long time ago and it's died out since :(, but it has a lot of answered questions!

Thanks for your help.

I've actually thought about getting certified in makeup artistry but I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I've looked around my area and none really offer a certificate except for one that's $3,000 for 3 full days[9-6]. But I don't wanna have to spend that much especially since it'll probably be a side job or just for fun.

So if it'll actually help me I might try and get it done before I apply for the program.

Thanks I'll check it out!

Thanks for your help.

I've actually thought about getting certified in makeup artistry but I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I've looked around my area and none really offer a certificate except for one that's $3,000 for 3 full days[9-6]. But I don't wanna have to spend that much especially since it'll probably be a side job or just for fun.

So if it'll actually help me I might try and get it done before I apply for the program.

Thanks I'll check it out!

Only do it if you really want to. BBB has so little make-up. They're little kits with tiny brushes and you take literally two minutes to put make-up on the girls. I did because I like to do make-up on the side. I've done a few brides and girls getting professional pictures done. 3 days isn't enough though! Maybe if you like it down here you can go where I went. I did the 3 week beauty make-up course at Joe Blasco Orlando. It's more expensive but that includes a make-up kit with about $2,000 worth of make-up, brushes, and a great rolling artist box! I think they also have some financial aid options if you wanna look at that. Domething worth looking at...

Only do it if you really want to. BBB has so little make-up. They're little kits with tiny brushes and you take literally two minutes to put make-up on the girls. I did because I like to do make-up on the side. I've done a few brides and girls getting professional pictures done. 3 days isn't enough though! Maybe if you like it down here you can go where I went. I did the 3 week beauty make-up course at Joe Blasco Orlando. It's more expensive but that includes a make-up kit with about $2,000 worth of make-up, brushes, and a great rolling artist box! I think they also have some financial aid options if you wanna look at that. Domething worth looking at...
I love makeup and it's something I've wanted to do for a year. I just can't find the right place.

It's actually a week long class from 9 AM- 6 PM. It's more of her teaching you her techniques and everything so you can build upon them and become a better makeup artist. It also comes with a kit of her makeup.

I've read you don't need to have a certificate to actually get anywhere in the makeup world.

There is one certificate class I just found out someone I know took, but apparently the makeup you have to use isn't really good and is very heavy.

I just don't have the money to be paying for classes like that and my parents don't wanna pay for it if it's just for fun or going to be a side job.

I love makeup and it's something I've wanted to do for a year. I just can't find the right place.

It's actually a week long class from 9 AM- 6 PM. It's more of her teaching you her techniques and everything so you can build upon them and become a better makeup artist. It also comes with a kit of her makeup.

I've read you don't need to have a certificate to actually get anywhere in the makeup world.

There is one certificate class I just found out someone I know took, but apparently the makeup you have to use isn't really good and is very heavy.

I just don't have the money to be paying for classes like that and my parents don't wanna pay for it if it's just for fun or going to be a side job.

Yeah you can definitely do it without one if you have a kit and know what you're doing. The only thing you may wanna learn someday is airbrush! A lot of people want that now and it's very quick. But anyway you definitely don't need a certificate for BBB haha, but you may wanna mention you're very into make-up and that you do some on the side. :)

You're degree is really going to help you with your application. The fact that you love hair/make-up will definitely be a plus to them as well. Most of the girls I CPed with either had beauty training or experience with kids. When you have your interview make sure you're 100% sure you want to do the BBB and sell yourself for it! I was really bouncy in my phone interview and told them it would the perfect place to be for me. :wizard:

You're degree is really going to help you with your application. The fact that you love hair/make-up will definitely be a plus to them as well. Most of the girls I CPed with either had beauty training or experience with kids. When you have your interview make sure you're 100% sure you want to do the BBB and sell yourself for it! I was really bouncy in my phone interview and told them it would the perfect place to be for me. :wizard:

Exactly! I made notes and totally prepared to convince them that I was perfect for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter