Working Attractions in Disney World

ArielinWonderland

Mouseketeer
Hi!
I was accepted a few days ago for Attractions in Disney World. This wasn't one of the roles I discussed during my interview, but I'm VERY excited about it!
On my last program, in Disneyland, I worked in a backstage role and while I loved it, I had very little guest interaction. I'm really looking forward to making magic with guests!

Since I didn't talk about it in my interview, I didn't discuss any preferences I have for locations. I know they can't always honor it, but for my last program, I emailed them afterwards with a location request and got a location very similar to the one I had requested, so I'm thinking of doing the same thing again.

I was curious to hear about people's experiences working attractions in WDW. I know the park runs differently than Disneyland, and having been there as a guest many times, I know the experience is very different and I'm sure it must be from a cast perspective as well.

I think I'd love to work at Turtle Talk in Epcot, because I love this 'show' and really enjoy and have a lot of experience with interacting with young children. (I know Crush's friend is an entertainment role, but I mean just as a host there) I've also heard that working inside may be preferable, because of the varying Florida weather. Thoughts about this?

What attraction did you work? What were the pros and cons of working this attraction/attractions in general?

Also, I've heard as an attractions CM, you can pick up other shifts such as parade crowd control. Is this true?

Thanks in advance! I know this is a lot!

I worked at Tower of Terror for my Attractions CP and I loved it! Definitely email them your requests, because I think that helped me get Tower. As far as being outside, you probably will be outside for some portion of your job (fastpass, greeter, etc.)

I worked at Tower of Terror for my Attractions CP and I loved it! Definitely email them your requests, because I think that helped me get Tower. As far as being outside, you probably will be outside for some portion of your job (fastpass, greeter, etc.)

Email who? I was advised that after your phone interview there isn't a way to get requests in, and to not bother casting or the cp office with them.

I'd LOVE to do safari's, but i'm sure that safaris, tower, pirates, and jungle cruise are highly desired attractions

Email who? I was advised that after your phone interview there isn't a way to get requests in, and to not bother casting or the cp office with them.

I'd LOVE to do safari's, but i'm sure that safaris, tower, pirates, and jungle cruise are highly desired attractions

To be honest, I requested during my interview. It can't hurt to email either your recruiter or the CP office with a request. Unless they told you not to, but I don't remember that.

I worked at Star Tours and it was a lot of fun. I actually didn't request anything in my interview. I kinda just let them place me wherever. Attractions was tons of fun because you are constantly interacting with guests, but what The Wickerman said above is correct- you will be outside regardless for some of the roles such as greeter or fast pass. To tell you the truth, those were my favorite because you were just out there, talking to guests, playing with kids, giving directions, etc.

However heavy guest interaction is a Con in itself. You have to be prepared to deal with really cranky kids and even crankier parents! Star Tours had a height requirement so there were a lot of disappointed kids and parents that wanted to kill me even after I told them their child could get SEVERELY hurt on the ride... but whatevs. This is going to happen wherever you are. For every bad experience, there's a handful more magical ones that follow. :goodvibes

Hi!
Thoughts about this?

What attraction did you work? What were the pros and cons of working this attraction/attractions in general?

Also, I've heard as an attractions CM, you can pick up other shifts such as parade crowd control. Is this true?

Thanks in advance! I know this is a lot!
Congrats on Attractions!

If you didn't request a specific location during you're phone interview, you're wherever they happen to place you. That was the opportunity.

The pros of working Attractions are that you get moderate guest interaction, with the possibility of a spiel, depending upon what ride you're placed on which gives a whole higher level of experience. You typically get decent hours for Attractions, but being a CP you will most likely get closing shifts. The cons are typically closing shifts, explaining requirements to guests, and possibly dealing with specific instances with guests.

As an Attractions Cast Member, you do have a possibility to be PAC trained, which happens after quite a bit after your initial training. PAC training isn't too strenuous, it's just a matter of staying calm and actually finding a point in time when you'll get trained if you have the hours. You can also pick up event shifts as well at a later point in time.

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

DD just accepted her role in Attractions for Fall 2013! Do you have any idea how they decide where to assign people?

DD just accepted her role in Attractions for Fall 2013! Do you have any idea how they decide where to assign people?

My personal theory is that they use a magic 8 ball to help place CPs into their attractions. Seriously though it probably depends on how she answered the public speaking / memorization question during her interview. If she answered it well then she could get a role like Jungle cruise Great Movie Ride or Safari. If not she could be placed on something like space mountain.

Honestly it comes down to operational need. Your recruiter doesn't have very much say in where you go. It mostly boils down to what is needed on your arrival date. Can't put everyone in one area at once training has to be spread out.

Basically darts on a dartboard.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I did attractions at GMR, and loved it! It was such a fun place to work

Also, it is possible to pick up PAC shifts from the HUB

My sister worked Space Mountain last year, she LOVED it. She didn't wanna leave! She's trying to go back asap lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter