Worried about my chances!

veganlovesdisney

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone, I've been lurking for a couple months and thought I'd finally post with a question/concern. :thumbsup2

I reallyreally want to do the DCP in spring 2016 (right now I'm 17, still in highschool, ugh!! at least I'm taking college classes) but am worried about my chances of getting a *good* role. (ie not housekeeping) I'm just starting to get myself out there in the world & gain experience & all, so by the time I apply, I will have had only about a year of volunteer experience and less than a year of work experience. I'm just not a very "involved "person LOL. :confused3

But assuming my phone interview goes well and they like my personality, could I still get cool roles like merch, vacation planner, hospitality (in my dreams!), character attendant, photopass?

Also, do you have to provide a lot of references for the recruiters to contact to find out about you?

Any input is welcome. thank you so much!!!!!!!! :goodvibes I love reading everyone's posts on here about the dcp.

You do not have to submit resumes or even references that I can remember.

If you don't want a job make sure and not to put it down on the application or if the interviewer asks if you'd want that job tell them no. Otherwise you're open to being put there. I had a serious background in photography and applied for photopass and didn't get it but was put in merch. Basically you can can be anything but don't put down a role that you know you for sure don't want.

All roles have their pros and cons. No role is better than others. No resume or no references are needed when applying to dcp. It really depends how good you do on your phone interview and your web based interview.

I highly recommend being open about every role Disney offers. You need to appear very flexible and interested in many roles. Too many people put low or no interest in roles which decreases their chances of getting accepted. During your phone interview, you will be asked what are your top three roles.

I know many people who were really interested in roles like character attendant or attractions but, got placed in QSFB based on their work experience from previous jobs.

You will most likely get merchandise or quick service. The first time my daughter applied, she was accepted, but for merchandise. She turned it down. Did not want retail besides she was going to school for resort and hospitality. She applied again and got accepted once again. This time was for a lifeguard position. She called Disney to let them know she did not have any experience in this and felt uncomfortable with this role. They explained to her that she would be fine and that they would train her the "Disney" way. When she finally felt better about this role, her college notified her to let her know that she wouldn't get credit towards her internship in the lifeguard position. So.....she spoke to Disney about this situation and her role was changed to attractions. She made many new friends and still keeps in touch with them. As far as you getting a role as a vacation planner most likely won't happen. My daughter was really hoping to get into one of the resorts or work on Disney's wedding team because this was her major, but this just didn't happen. Disney does have a professional internship in which she will apply to once she graduates, hoping to get a position on Disney's wedding team. Good Luck!!:thumbsup2

The best advice about the DCP is you can't be picky about what position you get. Disney cares 0% about what your actual degree is in or even what your experience is in for DCP placement. When I got accepted I had 6 years of retail experience, a year of food service experience, and 10 year of technical theater experience. I was placed in attractions. I loved my position and the people I worked with. I ended up staying on as a seasonal CM.

I applied for the professional internship for technical theater twice and even though I graduated from a school in NYC, had experience working at off-broadway theaters, and at that point 12 years I still didn't get the internship. Those are even harder than the regular DCP to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter