Worried about transportation to As

BelleMom

DisCon cosmic commando
I will be staying at the As during DisCon. But as I started to plan my itinerary, I started to get worried about transportation. I don't drive, so I can't rent a car to get around. How do I get back from the BW to As in the first evening? I believe that it will not be early when we leave Jellyrolls. Also, how should I go to the character breakfast on the following day? I presume that there must be direct buses to As from PI, so that doesn't worry me.

Hi Livia.

We plan on taking cabs when we can't use the WDW transportation.

Are you a solo traveler?

Let me know what you decide... :)

Yes, I am a solo traveller and I am staying at As. I know there are quite a few solo at As too. Maybe we can find a way to share taxis when we can't use Disney transportation

I am at AS too. I plan on using Disney transportation, but I will have my own car. I can ferry a few people around. My car can hold 3 people, 4 if one person volunteers for the trunk. :)

I will also have a car available for people who need rides to wherever. I plan on getting a full-size rental, so it should accommodate 4 more people. I plan on using Disney Transportation for Thrill-Ride day, but then will be using the car the rest of the time.

This will be our first time at WDW to not have our own car and we will also be at All Stars (Sports). We have used Disney's tranportation before and hopefully it will work out for us. I been researching the best ways to get around, the biggest problem will be the events at The Yacht Club and there not being a direct bus from resort to resort, you have to get a little creative.

Lisa

Hi Lisa (Tiger Fan),
You might want to think about taking a WDW bus to MGM and then taking a boat,
bus or walk to the Yacht Club from there. You could also go to Epcot and walk out the
International Gateway and over to the Yacht Club!!

Corinne

I'll be at All Star Music. I think going back to ASMu at night will not be a problem. You can take a bus to Downtown and transfer to a ASMu bus. I'm not sure about breakfast though. I don't think we can make it to the Yacht club by bus, that early. So, I think we'll need a taxi then.

LOL!! :D A lime green car! I love it! :D
You should have no trouble using Disney transportation going to the different park events. The only problems you may have is going from resort to resort. Using Downtown Disney can be risky. Make sure you allow plenty of time. I agree with Smee, you might want to use the parks as a hub for going from resort to resort. The buses there are a more reliable. Downtown Disney buses can be a nightmare. Not to mention that once they pick you up at the Marketplace, you have to stop at Pleasure Island, the West Side and possibly Typoon Lagoon if it's still open. It takes forever to get where you want to go.

:eek: Okay, I'm thinking 'rental car' now! :earseek:

The only problem with that, is DH trying to figure out where to go! :rolleyes:

If we rent a car, do we need to pay for parking everywhere we go? :earseek: This could be a major deterant! :rolleyes:

No Tia, parking at the parks and resorts is included if you are staying at any Disney
Hotel. When you check in, they will give you a thingie to put on the dashboard by the
windshield. This let's everyone know that you are a Disney Hotel guest.
Also, if you are an Annual Passholder, parking is free.
Corinne

We're staying at ASMo and are relying on Disney Transpotation 100 percent of the time. When we go to the Yatch Club, I think the best bet will be to go to MGM then take a boat over. If it's too early in the morning, I may have to just take a cab.
Gerri

I feel a better now about transportation! Yes! we will share cabs, rides, and what is more important, we will get there, wherever that is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter