Worst Day EVER!!

AndyB113

Earning My Ears
I have been excited for MONTHS (more like years) for our schools CP Presentation. Marked it on my calendar, set alarms on my phone, and told all my friends and family how I couldn't wait for the day that I was able to interview. I applied and was accepted 3 years ago but my parents wouldn't let me take the semester off. And now my senior year, I've waited 4 years to be a CP'er and the day to apply is finally here!

The presentation was awesome! The presenter asked us some questions for prizes and obviously I knew all the answers (got some cool little things). After the presentation they instructed us to find a computer and fill out the online application. I did so as soon as I got home. Most of the questions were multiple choice, obviously to find which jobs best suit your personality. The whole thing took about 25 minutes...

Upon completing the online application which I had waited my entire college career to take... Disney is sorry to inform me that I do not meet the qualifications for the program and that I may feel free to try again in 6 months!!!

I'm devastated...
All of my life I've been a Disney fanatic. Some of my best friends are cast members and I have always dreamed of being one of them, even for a short period after college. Now I'm afraid I'll never get a chance to make the magic happen...

I'm so sorry! :(

I know that no words can possibly help, but since you are a senior, can you find a nearby community college and enroll in just one class so you can apply again for the spring? Or do you have other career plans?

Yeah... That seems to be my best option so far. I don't have any career plans as of right now. I had planned to use my time at Disney as an opportunity to take a step back, take a deep breath, get my resume out there and find some potential jobs. But I suppose I'll have to begin a bit sooner than expected. If anyone from WDI is reading this, I'm available!

The web-based interview is tricky. You have to answer very strongly, as in 'strongly disagree' or 'strongly agree' and stay out of the middle. Just answer consistently and be honest. I hope you're able to try again next time! :)

I'm really sorry to hear about this. I know your probably sick of hearing it too. My friend here did it last semester said that persistence is the key!!! So keep trying and maybe they will see how bad you want it and realize that you do fit in with them.

Yeah I plan to give it another shot in 6 months so hopefully my luck will change by then! It just makes me wonder why they have changed over to this online questionnaire instead of the personal interviews I received a few years ago. My CM friends who actually suggested the CP to me in 2004 are all baffled how an overly-enthusiastic Disney nut like myself can be knocked out in the first round!

I guess thats what over-confidence will get ya... Lesson learned! ;)

They do both kind of interviews. First you take the online interview and if you pass that then you schedule a phone interview. You have to do both.

The same thing happened to my little sister a few weeks ago. Myself and another sister both did the CP and so we were all a little baffled how she didn't pass the first interview. I think there must be some sort of glitch in this new system but who knows. I guess in some ways its a good system others, not so much. A person can tell you a lot more about someone than a computer!

The same thing happened to my little sister a few weeks ago. Myself and another sister both did the CP and so we were all a little baffled how she didn't pass the first interview. I think there must be some sort of glitch in this new system but who knows. I guess in some ways its a good system others, not so much. A person can tell you a lot more about someone than a computer!

sadly...there isn't a glitch in the new system...after the 2009-2010 College Program season...they saw that there were alot of people who didnt share the Disney spirit and were working in disney...and sometimes making it harder for others to work around them...so they made an "attitude" test...that would be able to decipher between the people who share the Disney magic...and who don't...and from what i heard from the people who designed it...it has worked so far.......and I'm really sorry if i might be coming off as mean....i dont mean to...i really dont...and i do feel your pain...i had to apply twice before....before i got accepted for the FA 2009-2010 College program

The Web-Based Interview has been in use at the Disneyland Resort in California for quite some time now, and was only recently introduced at the Walt Disney World Resort in recent months as a mandatory part of all applications for Hourly Guest Service employment, including Disney Parks and Resorts Internships and Programs positions.

This is a part of the ongoing effort to create a "One Disney" experience for our Guests and Cast Members at both domestic Resorts by streamlining and integrating our domestic operations, including Casting Services and Internship Recruitment, which are now managed on a domestic scale rather than being site-specific as has been the case in the past.

It reduces the overall labor cost involved in the recruitment and casting processes by reducing the total number of in-person interviews required. In addition, it reduces turnover by helping to screen out applicants who would probably not mesh with our corporate culture. This also helps avoid the issue of "hiring bodies" to fill urgent open positions, which is fairly common in the Hospitality industry as a whole, and has been specifically a major issue for the Walt Disney World Resort in the past due to their massive labour needs.

sadly...there isn't a glitch in the new system...after the 2009-2010 College Program season...they saw that there were alot of people who didnt share the Disney spirit and were working in disney...and sometimes making it harder for others to work around them...so they made an "attitude" test...that would be able to decipher between the people who share the Disney magic...and who don't...and from what i heard from the people who designed it...it has worked so far.......and I'm really sorry if i might be coming off as mean....i dont mean to...i really dont...and i do feel your pain...i had to apply twice before....before i got accepted for the FA 2009-2010 College program

Just want to say hi disneylover ;)

miss having you around here at the world!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter