Worst trip ever!

Motherfletcher

<font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=peach
Drove up Weds. The normal 3 hour drive took 5 and it was cold and rained the whole way. I went to the park because I mistakenly thought that no other fools would be there in the cold rain. Shrek had 30 minute wait! I did 3 MIB rides and left. This was my first visit without another family member and was the first time that I didn't spend any money in the park.
Thurs.- Still cold! I entered when the park opened and walked to MIB, rode once and left the park (another first). I did buy APH Mardi Gras beads on the way out though. Hope it goes better in 10 days! :umbrella: :cold:

Sorry to hear about the bad drive. That can really start the trip off on the wrong foot. Never mind the cold weather. Hope the next time makes up for it.

Do you think it was the weather, or just not having someone there to share it with? I know for me, half the fun is sharing the experience.

:genie: :charac2: okay that was mean...right? Its just that a bad day at the parks is still WAY better than a cold day in NY :cold:

I wish :genie: the :sunny: shines bright for your next :moped:
:love2:

you've heard the saying "the worst day fishing is better than the best day working" I don't fish , but I DO understand the saying :earboy2:

It felt as cold as NY! Usually in the winter we expect a couple of cold days and a couple of days where it might rain (drizzle) all day long. But they are rarely combined to be both cold and drizzly.
Actually it was kind of refreshing being alone. I thought of several times where my kids would have complained or asked for something. Every time we walk by the surf board, the revolving Universal globe and see a character my son says, "Let's take a picture." This trip I didn't need a camera.
A bad day fishing is a pretty good analogy since I went to Orlando to attend a seminar on Highway Design for Older Users and Pedestrians. The class was cancelled because the instructor was "injured" that morning. Probably fell down and broke a hip and got run over by a car! So USO was better than sitting through that workshop.
One bright spot was the hotel stay at the Peabody. I had a deluxe king corner room that was about 470 square feet, 35 lineal feet of windows on 2 walls and a 210 square foot balcony and a big screen TV.
We are already packing for the Spring Break trip next week(this time 5 nights with the kids) and planning for our April Fool's weekend when Momma's going to join us. I'll have to overplan for that trip since it includes spa treatments and a 6 course dinner at Arthur's 27.

I'll have to overplan for that trip since it includes spa treatments and a 6 course dinner at Arthur's 27.

Very nice! Can I come too? :wave2:

Where are you staying for the next 2 trips?

:wave2: :cool1: Well hello. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a very good time while at Mardi Gras, and Universal Studios. I have a question for you. :confused3 In one of your previos posts, you said that you bought, well i'll just quote you

Quote:I did buy APH Mardi Gras beads on the way out though. Hope it goes better in 10 days!

What are APH mardi gras beads?? Can you get them ahead of time, almost like a VIP??? I live in WI and was just wondering. This will be my daughters 30th trip to Florida and would like to get her something ahead of time!!Did you veiw the parade from the special APH area?? Thanks!

Lets go Wildcats, Lets go!!

:cheer2: :grouphug: Our group huddle! Go vball!!! :mickeybar

Yikes!! It was rainy and freezing here too on Wednesday...I don't think I could have had a great time at the parks either...it surely didn't feel like FL to me!! Hiopefully the weather is much, much better...I know here in Venice it's sunny and up to 80...ideal themepark weather...hope it keeps up! :)

disneyvip said:
:

What are APH mardi gras beads?? Can you get them ahead of time, almost like a VIP??? I live in WI and was just wondering. This will be my daughters 30th trip to Florida and would like to get her something ahead of time!!Did you veiw the parade from the special APH area??

They sell the APH Mardi Gras beads at Aftermath (the store at the Twister exit) for $4. Disclaimer: I'm clolor blind, but I think they are purple and gold with a medallion that reads MG 2005. I don't think you can get them in advance except, of course, on Ebay :rotfl2: The APH viewing area is across the street north of Mel's in an area called Battery Park. I was there on a Weds so I haven't seen the parade yet. I wanted to see Lynyrd Skynyrd though :charac2:

Beads- We still have beads from Halloween Horror Nights:scared1:, Gasparilla pirate:, New Orleans Mardi Gras :jester: and even some light up Mickey Mouse beads :earseek: . I was wondering if anyone trades beads like they trade pins :confused3 ? I even have some Spiderman, Hulk and Spongebob beads that I would let go for a small to medium fortune :goodvibes

Clare- When I was on I-75 at Venice the traffic was moving about as fast as the sofas in Cat in the Hat! Then on I-4 from Lakeland to Kissimmee it was stop and go. :umbrella: Raining the whole way! It will be better next week! :wizard: :sunny:

Jess- Sheraton Studio City next week and Wyndham Palace for April Fool's weekend. I can't wait for the spa trip. :hourglass Its so nice to be kneaded!
And I would love it if ya'll could come! :grouphug:

I feel really sorry for you poor, cold, Floridians!!! Do you even own mittens? :love2:

damo said:
I feel really sorry for you poor, cold, Floridians!!! Do you even own mittens? :love2:
Mittens? :confused3 You're right, some of us would complaint if our thumbs were in a gold vise. The A/C went out in the family truckster last Friday and I called my mechanic. When he told me that it would cost $900 I told the kids that it was going to be a long hot summer! Luckily, I took it to Dodge and it was under warranty and didn't cost anything.
Is it cold in Canada this winter? I can't even type Canada without shivering! :cold:

Motherfletcher said:
Mittens? :confused3 You're right, some of us would complaint if our thumbs were in a gold vise. The A/C went out in the family truckster last Friday and I called my mechanic. When he told me that it would cost $900 I told the kids that it was going to be a long hot summer! Luckily, I took it to Dodge and it was under warranty and didn't cost anything.
Is it cold in Canada this winter? I can't even type Canada without shivering! :cold:

You're so funny. It is ALWAYS cold in Canada in the winter. This winter we seem to have more snow than normal where I live. My BIL says that the snowbanks are so high where he lives that they can't see the busses as they pass on the street.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: 1 bad trip in a million...pretty good odds if you ask me!!!! :magnify: Sorry you had a bad day.It all happens to us even when we pay money to have fun...We were thinking of driving to bush gardens but i think i read the interstate was under construction :scared1: Well i guess you can look at it this way no one got hurt this trip...and i thought it only happened to us when we go out of town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter