Worth it?

pyr8freak87

Earning My Ears
Ok here's the thing, in my introduction I mentioned that I applied to the CP but when it came time for my scheduled interview, they didn't even interview me. All the lady told me is "sorry we have decided not to continue this interview with you." :confused3 Long story short is that my friend got an interview and her web interview and mine were almost the same (except for a few answers)

I was told that i should try again, but idk if i should. I was excited about doing the program, but this kinda turned me off. Is trying again worth it? Don't get me wrong, I love disney, I mean most of my family vacas are there and I even wanted my dream wedding at disney, but now I keep having second thoughts. I hate being rejected as it is, so to be rejected twice? Anyway, my thing is, is it worth it to try again?

Also does anyone know the difference of DLR and WDW CP? Do you still have to wait the 6 months if you want to apply to the other one?

I'm soooo sorry to hear that that happened to you. I have been reading on some of the boards that they have had an overabundance of CP applicants for this Spring. Even though it's tacky and unprofessional, maybe that is how they are cutting off future interviews.

I would probably try again, but I would attend the presentation or do the e-presentation as soon as the next season opens. (Unless there's a time limit before you can re-apply.) That way you better your chances of them having openings and not being all filled up with CP's.

Good luck in whatever you decide!! :thumbsup2

I wonder, did you forget to say that you would be willing to work ever day including weekends and holidays, and work overtime... I know if the answer to that is no they stop there and you're out.

Oh wow. I can't believe they would just stop it like that. Sorry to hear.

I havn't done the program previously,
i leave in January for the spring program.
But last year i applied for the Career start and ended up not being able to go because they didn't offer housing even though they initially told me they did. So my heart dropped when i found out i couldn't go. I know that's not the same as being rejected but you still get the same realization of not going.
I applied again for this spring and got in and now i'm able to go.
I felt the same way about not really being interested in Disney after i couldn't go, even though i LOVED Disney all my life. But things like that can turn you off. The point is even though they had told me something and got my hopes up just to kick me down when they told me they didn't offer housing for career start. I tried again! and now i can go. So just because something went wrong the first time doesn't mean you shouldn't try again. Don't lose the dream. I wish you the best of luck and i hope you reapply! i'm sure you'll have an amazing time.And things are only worth it if you make them worth it! again, good luck. And sorry i rambled lol.

Oh and also, i think the only difference between DLR and WDW is the amount of applicants and attendees. I know WDW has a much larger facility for students than the DLR. But other than that i don't think there is any other difference. Oh and i think there is much more for cast members to do as far as backstage and all of that goes at WDW. I however, am going to the DLR CP. Hopefully one day i'll go to the WDW one. Just to see if there is a real difference.

I wonder, did you forget to say that you would be willing to work ever day including weekends and holidays, and work overtime... I know if the answer to that is no they stop there and you're out.

If that was a question in the interview i didn't even get a chance to answer it lol and I don't think that there was a question on the web interview or application.....

Oh wow. I can't believe they would just stop it like that. Sorry to hear.

I havn't done the program previously,
i leave in January for the spring program.
But last year i applied for the Career start and ended up not being able to go because they didn't offer housing even though they initially told me they did. So my heart dropped when i found out i couldn't go. I know that's not the same as being rejected but you still get the same realization of not going.
I applied again for this spring and got in and now i'm able to go.
I felt the same way about not really being interested in Disney after i couldn't go, even though i LOVED Disney all my life. But things like that can turn you off. The point is even though they had told me something and got my hopes up just to kick me down when they told me they didn't offer housing for career start. I tried again! and now i can go. So just because something went wrong the first time doesn't mean you shouldn't try again. Don't lose the dream. I wish you the best of luck and i hope you reapply! i'm sure you'll have an amazing time.And things are only worth it if you make them worth it! again, good luck. And sorry i rambled lol.

It's all good...all info and words are noted and appreciated. Its also good to know that I'm not the only one who kinda felt this way after something like this or that... :)

Hey,

So I am a campus rep and I can help you out, well somewhat... We had a student who also applied for the Disneyland College Program and received the exact telephone call as you did. He was so confused and upset. After contacting some people I was able to learn a little bit as to why this might happen. Disneyland only has a very small number of cp's. I think I heard somewhere around 200 spots. This usually fills up very quickly and also makes it more competitive. So not getting hired could be something so small, but yet so big (if that makes sense at all).

As for the difference in the programs it is huge. Disney World has so much more to offer in terms of a program and size. They accept thousands of cp's each semester and also have a larger housing base and in my opinion more to do. I would suggest applying again, but maybe applying for the Disney World College Program instead. This program is worth it and can be life changing. Plus you meet so many cool people from all over the nation and world.

I hope I helped out.

Korey

Hey,

So I am a campus rep and I can help you out, well somewhat... We had a student who also applied for the Disneyland College Program and received the exact telephone call as you did. He was so confused and upset. After contacting some people I was able to learn a little bit as to why this might happen. Disneyland only has a very small number of cp's. I think I heard somewhere around 200 spots. This usually fills up very quickly and also makes it more competitive. So not getting hired could be something so small, but yet so big (if that makes sense at all).

As for the difference in the programs it is huge. Disney World has so much more to offer in terms of a program and size. They accept thousands of cp's each semester and also have a larger housing base and in my opinion more to do. I would suggest applying again, but maybe applying for the Disney World College Program instead. This program is worth it and can be life changing. Plus you meet so many cool people from all over the nation and world.

I hope I helped out.

Korey

Thank you and yes it does help. But just one thought, concern, question...isn't that what the interview is for, to figure out who is "good enough" for the program? How can you tell that with no interview or explanation of anything. :confused3 Just a little confused, thats all. But i do understand the limited amount of space. But thanks for the info.

Thank you and yes it does help. But just one thought, concern, question...isn't that what the interview is for, to figure out who is "good enough" for the program? How can you tell that with no interview or explanation of anything. :confused3 Just a little confused, thats all. But i do understand the limited amount of space. But thanks for the info.

It was based on the pre-assessment stuff you filled out. I believe it was a set of questions or something like that. They then looked at those questions and your answers and based it off that. It seems strange for it to be done that way....But yea Good Luck in the future and I hope you do make it down for the College Program sometime soon!!!

Ok here's the thing, in my introduction I mentioned that I applied to the CP but when it came time for my scheduled interview, they didn't even interview me. All the lady told me is "sorry we have decided not to continue this interview with you." :confused3 Long story short is that my friend got an interview and her web interview and mine were almost the same (except for a few answers)

I was told that i should try again, but idk if i should. I was excited about doing the program, but this kinda turned me off. Is trying again worth it? Don't get me wrong, I love disney, I mean most of my family vacas are there and I even wanted my dream wedding at disney, but now I keep having second thoughts. I hate being rejected as it is, so to be rejected twice? Anyway, my thing is, is it worth it to try again?

Also does anyone know the difference of DLR and WDW CP? Do you still have to wait the 6 months if you want to apply to the other one?

I remember reading on the website in a question and answers section (I believe that was was it was called, possibly "frequently asked questions") that if you apply and are not accepted that you have to wait a certain amount of time before applying again.

I am not sure what the length of time was, so I don't want to guess at it. But I would definitely try applying again. It is a wonderful chance to meet new people and be in a new surrounding. I wish you the best of luck and be sure to let us know what you decide to do! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter