• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worthy cause to send your extra Disney toiletries to...

Stacy_C

DIS Veteran
I hope this is okay to post here. I was visiting wdwig.com and saw a sweet story about a lady who collects donated Disney toiletries (like soaps, shampoos, etc. from the resorts). She fills cellophane bags full of disney items. She then gives them to children's hospitals to be given to the patients during their stay. It was a really touching story and I am going to be sure to save our toiletries when we go to WDW on 3/15-23.

It just made me think about how fortunate I am to have 2 healthy children to take to WDW. I think it is the least I can do. While my kids are on Peter Pan, there will be other children elsewhere enduring chemotherapy and other trying experiences. God bless the parents, too!

If you have time, check out the story. I found it under the Accomodations page and under the title "Soaps for Special Children". I think you'll find it worth your time.

Stacy

I ahve read that before. Isn't it an incredible story? Thank you for posting about it.

Welcome to the DIS, too :)

I had quite a collection of soaps from WDW also, but I donated mine to a local domestic violence shelter. Woman and children often show up there with nothing but the clothes on their backs.

Just another suggestion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter