Would I ever get accept to DCP?

DonaldDuckie

Earning My Ears
Hello, I have alot of questions, sorry. You guys probably get tone of Disney College Program Questions. Yes, I went to the website but I kinda got confused...I suppose I will list them.

Hello, I have questions on it...alot. Im probably going into it, but there is some info. I cant get.

1. The Interview, where is it at? Do I go to Orlando for it, or can it be in my city?

2. If I am a mediorce student, but really want to go and have passion, will I get accepted?

3. Anything on the Animation/Graphics Design you can tell me about there?

4. Do I need to live in the Apartments? What if I have a relative in Flordia, and I'd rather live with them?

5. I dont understand the Season benefit things...Im going to the Campus Presetation this Monday.

6. Does this really help me if I want to go into Animation and CG? I mean, I dont want to be wasteing my time and money. Will I even get credit for this? Or should I just go to my normal college?

7. And I would be going probably after this semester I suppose, whenever I can, if I am accepted. Does that matter? Can I save my Application and such if Id prefer to do the Summer one, is there a time where I can just go over the summer?

8. Are there "General" Classes therethat I need to do? Like Math, Science, English, ect?

Sorry I ask so much! :guilty:

1. The Interview, where is it at? Do I go to Orlando for it, or can it be in my city?

Generally interviews are done via telephone. Head on over to the apply section of the website, watch the E-Presentation and fill out the forms- you'll receive more info on how to schedule an interview at that point. If you are going to a campus presentation, fill out the application only and bring it with you.

2. If I am a mediorce student, but really want to go and have passion, will I get accepted?

As long as you have a 2.0 average, you're okay in that department. I think that is a hard fast rule though, so you'll have to average that for the most recent term or better.

3. Anything on the Animation/Graphics Design you can tell me about there?

None of the CP roles are directly related to this, for the exception of the Animation Academy attraction over at the studios. You can apply for Professional Internships, which offer specialized internships in your field of study.

4. Do I need to live in the Apartments? What if I have a relative in Flordia, and I'd rather live with them?

This is handled on a case-by-case basis. Ask during your interview.

5. I dont understand the Season benefit things...Im going to the Campus Presetation this Monday.

Not sure what the question is on this one. Program participants do receive the "Disney Difference" benefits package which includes discounts and complimentary park admission, but no health care.

6. Does this really help me if I want to go into Animation and CG? I mean, I dont want to be wasteing my time and money. Will I even get credit for this? Or should I just go to my normal college?

It's up to your school whether or not you will receive credit for your experience on the program. As far as helping with your discipline, it may. If you intend to work for the Disney company after graduation, it doesn't hurt to already have some experience within the company- even if it is at Parks & Resorts. You can go directly into Professional Internships and skip this step, but College Program Alumni are considered first for a lot of these internships.

7. And I would be going probably after this semester I suppose, whenever I can, if I am accepted. Does that matter? Can I save my Application and such if Id prefer to do the Summer one, is there a time where I can just go over the summer?

No domestic summer programs are offered at this time- only Spring and Fall. You will need to take off one full semester (or quarter) from your normal studies to participate. Note that Disney is only recruiting for Fall and Fall Advantage terms right now.

8. Are there "General" Classes therethat I need to do? Like Math, Science, English, ect?

Nope!

Hope this helps!

as far as your animation question.. when I was on my CP I worked in the animation courtyard (I was at little mermaid and playhouse Disney) but we shared and area with the artists at the studios. I know at least 3 people who were swtched to artist while they were down on their CP's from whatever role they were given. They loved it so much that at least everyone extended. One guy that was originally a CP and stayed on full time for a while is now in a fantastic school for animation and graphic design and has plans to move and work in the main animation building in Burbank california. I'm fairly certain that they had to bring a portfolio to the studios and have it approved by a specific cast member there... I can get you the name but I have to ask someone her last name b/c I can't remember and I don't want to just post it on the board so id pm it to you. hope this helps. By the way, the CP in general I wouldnt take back for the world! I got so much out of it!

oh and ps. the artistics make more money than your average CP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter