Would like to know more about the CP

jagfanjosh3252

#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars
I'm 22 years old. FINALLY starting college in the Fall at my local community college for culinary arts. But I stumbled across this board while looking up info for my Disney trip. What I would like to know is:

1) I have to be in school for 1 semester and then I can apply for it right?
2) I'm in school for culinary arts, but if I want to do this do I have to go our for culinary arts or can I do something different?

And if there is any other information you think I should know please tell me. Thanks in advanced!!!

I'm 22 years old. FINALLY starting college in the Fall at my local community college for culinary arts. But I stumbled across this board while looking up info for my Disney trip. What I would like to know is:

1) I have to be in school for 1 semester and then I can apply for it right?
2) I'm in school for culinary arts, but if I want to do this do I have to go our for culinary arts or can I do something different?

And if there is any other information you think I should know please tell me. Thanks in advanced!!!

haha, just like me. 22 and finally going to college. yes you do have to be in college for a semester before doing the Cp. you can apply at the begining of your first semester but you just have to have completed a full semester before doing the actual program. as far as i can tell you, you don't have to go for culinary arts. you can apply for other roles.

Correct! You can go for the culinary program, or just the regular program. My friend is on the regular program even though he's culinary. He told me that they only accpet students from specific culinary colleges and it's pretty competitive, so he actually wasn't eligible for the culinary program.

Ok cool.

Umm what about pay? Do you get paid for it? What is the starting rate? Do they help with collage?

Ok cool.

Umm what about pay? Do you get paid for it? What is the starting rate? Do they help with collage?

From http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/students/work/work_payrate.html
Unlike most internships you'll find, this is a paid experience! And on top of the money participants earn while they are on the program, they will build valuable skills and relationships that can help them in their future career.

Hourly Wage
While on the program, a Cast Member's wage will range from $7.21-$8.56 per hour, depending on the role he or she has been selected to perform. Students will learn their exact rate of pay upon receiving an invitation.

Overtime
Any work over 40 hours per week, or 8 hours per day (unless otherwise noted at a work location), is considered overtime and paid at time-and-a-half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter