• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you book BLT or WLV?

FanofDis

Mouseketeer
Both BLT & WLV (2 bedroom) are available to reserve for this June. What would you book???
Thank you!

Hmmmmmm.......If you have the points for BLT the location is pretty awesome and it IS pretty nice to be able to walk home from the MK at night. The 2BR's look amazing. VWL is a little bit less convenient.

They are both very different in interior design. VWL is themed after a late 1800's roundhouse and the decor has that mix and match country vibe. The lodge and the villa lobby are both really cool and I recommend taking the lodge tour if you stay there. The lodge, itself, is stunning and has far better curb appeal than BLT. But BLT has awesome views of the castle.

There is a lot of shade at VWL, especially around the villa pool - so a "cooler" atmosphere for the hot June weather.

Good luck in your decision.

Both BLT & WLV (2 bedroom) are available to reserve for this June. What would you book???
Thank you!
While I own at VWL and it's my preferred resort, certainly there are advantages to BLT. It all depends on your plans for the trip and how you vacation at the World. Will you spend most of your time at MK? BLT Want the monorail? BLT Want to be more in the action? BLT However, want to feel more laid back? VWL Want a quiet retreat after a hectic day in the parks? VWL Want a nature trail? VWL Personally, I enjoy a more serene experience after visiting a park, and I love being able to run to FW and back among a natural setting. The theming of VWL also appeals to me much more than BLT. However, there are some distinct advantages to staying at BLT. Have fun deciding. ;)

How many nights is your trip?

If it's long enough, consider a split stay and you can try them both in one trip.

I have stayed at both and agree that you have to decide what you want for this vacation. BLT Lake view rooms are so nice, and the view of the fireworks from the top floor is fun, esp just returning to your room on the elevator when they end. It would be nice to be on the Monorail, you have so many dining options. And at a hot time of year the air conditioning is a plus. If you are spending a lot of time at the MK then BLT wins for convenience, although the boat ride to WL is nice.
WL is so beautiful, much more so that BLT. The pool area is nice at WL, with the villa pool being esp quiet. I have stayed once in the villas, and really did not get a great location. First floor at the end of a very long hall, furthest from the lobby. With my 80's plus y/o Mom it was a haul. No view at all from the room. I loved the tour of the Lodge, the bike rental which I took through Fort Wilderness, and just relaxing in the large beautiful lobby. It was much more convenient to have my car at BLT, parking was so easy and close, WL not so much.
I would stay at either place again, they are both great resorts!

I'd prefer VWL. The boat ride to Mk is short and enjoyable and I prefer the VWL theme. BLT is too much glass and concrete for me.

I think that VWL is due for a refurbishment soon (still have bedspreads, etc.). BLT is the newest DVC and it shows. LOVE BLT and the ability to walk past all of the crowds at MK park close and walk home. Looks like you are DVC...so could you watch the fireworks from the top floor?

Save VWL for a future trip...it is one of my favorite resorts!

We own at both and have stayed at both and really prefer VWL. The boat ride is not bad at all, quite enjoyable. The monorail stops at TTC, Poly, and GF before getting to MK.

Contemporary is more commercial feeling, like any hotel while Wilderness Lodge has a more resort feel, very close to the Fort, which also offers lots of activities. There is a hiking/bike trail running from VWL to Fort and also the boat goes there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter