Would you stay at a UO resort if not going to UO?

WinterSux

Earning My Ears
I have a reservation at RPR, I just thought it was beautiful... We're coming off a Disney cruise and have just one night before flying out. We were just in UO in Feb 2015 so, while I have the reservation, I'm considering cancelling and going to a different hotel since I can't take advantage of any of the RPR perks. Thoughts?

Hmmmm... As much as I love Uni's onsite hotels, I don't think I'd stay there without going to the parks. In your situation, I probably would just find a hotel close to the airport!

I agree. The UO resorts are gorgeous and relaxing, but IMO only worth the price if we're going to UO and getting express passes. There are lots of nice hotels out there...some closer to the airport and with nice offers that would be beneficial to you, like airport transportation, free breakfast, etc.
JMO though...have a lovely trip!

I absolutely would in a heartbeat!

It's such a beautiful resort.......to be able to just chill around the pool, eat lunch in the bula bar or Jakes.....then relax some more.......have dinner somewhere nice.......either in hotel or Citywalk.......sounds like bliss to me!

Airport is only 20 minutes or so away, so it's not as if you have a big journey from there.......worth it for me......

I'm leaning towards staying as well, we have one night in Orlando I wanted something with immersive theming to thrill my little 6 year old. :) What suggestions for other hotels may be good options?

I would still stay there
A one day/night visit to rpr is worth it

Last October I stayed14 nights in a king suite at rpr

Had a lot of time relaxing and enjoying the resort
a very stress free, laid back vacation with plenty lounging time around the pool

We stayed one night at POR at Disney after a cruise. While it was a tease to be so close to the parks and not visit any of them, we were able to enjoy the resort and its amenities as well as Downtown Disney. In your case, you could take advantage of RPR's awesome pool which is something we always regret not having more time for. City Walk is also a quick walk/boat ride away for shopping and entertainment for the evening as well. Because of that, I think it makes a better choice than any "regular" hotel elsewhere in the vicinity.

I agree with the others saying yes. Having quick access to Citywalk and the beautiful RPR would be a nice way to finish up your vacation!! :)

I probably would. RPR has a great pool and I'd love to hang out there even if no parks.

I have a reservation at RPR, I just thought it was beautiful... We're coming off a Disney cruise and have just one night before flying out. We were just in UO in Feb 2015 so, while I have the reservation, I'm considering cancelling and going to a different hotel since I can't take advantage of any of the RPR perks. Thoughts?

You can easily be in Orlando early am after DCL cruise, will have the whole day (possibly some of the next day) to plan. You'll be all 'chill' after the cruise :), but I'd imagine the parks would be a very strong draw & difficult for kids to not want to explore.

many report they are fortunate to arrive early and check into their rooms, not so for me lol, with a check-in time typically closer to 3 or 4 pm (same drill anywhere but i've had better luck @ WDW with room ready system). You could run into this at any property really, easy enough to store your luggage, enjoy the resort/pool, etc.

Lots of 4 star properties in Orlando with kid's programs, good luck.

I could try to stay there without going to the parks, but as Keisha said, I'd get there really early from the cruise, and then I'd be there, and the parks would be there, and...well, for me, I would be at the parks. :)

If you really really really don't want that temptation, don't stay there that night.

Am staying at PB for 8 nights :) Usually stay onsite at Disney but I tend to only really visit Epcot (love it there), having stayed at PB before (years ago) and most of the Disney deluxes I prefer PB, it's more upscale but not stuffy and better value. Hate to say it but I think I've had enough of the Disney resorts.

Well, I have a 14 month old (who will be a 17 month old) when I stay at RPR. I know the temptation to go to the parks will be great, but if you have traveled - gone anywhere - with a 17 month old, you will know that the temptation to just hang at the pool "may" be equally strong. I also have an older child, 7 years, which is why I want the more immersive experience. I'm not counting out the parks completely yet, but boy a baby is a handful....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter