Would You Stay in an Adults-Only Disney Resort?

I didn’t know if OP meant a resort AT Disney, or elsewhere.
Fair enough.

OP posted an article that normally I wouldn't read because I don't read articles by that writer as I think they don't work with facts and bring nothing to conversation. BUT this article was about a complete fantasy situation so nothing to get wrong there.

This is what I took from it .... "I was chatting with a friend of mine about making his return to Disney with his wife .... “Are there any adults-only Disney resorts?” he says ..." So the article to me is talking about Disney World as being the destination in question.

And when you click on the link of "Disney Resorts" in the article it takes you to Disney World.

If it's a good theme, then I would definitely try it. But I feel like adults only would also mean poor theming if they tried to create one, and I'd prefer the current Disney resorts to that.

Now what I would really love is an adults-only after hours event, where everyone gets two drink tickets and they have exclusive shows and parades.

Nah. Kids have never bothered me at Disney. It's usually the adults misbehaving the most.

Also several replies stated if it is priced right, but an adults only resort would never be priced lower than a family oriented resort. 100% it would be more expensive.

Also several replies stated if it is priced right, but an adults only resort would never be priced lower than a family oriented resort. 100% it would be more expensive.
Priced right doesn't mean the cheapest. It just means it's in line with what someone finds reasonable given what it is.

There are a ton of people who comment about the very high pricing on deluxe resorts and don't find $1K per night to be reasonable just to give an example.

It isn't about going to a fancy adults only resort ~ it's about have adult time while you are at Disney which offers virtually no adult only space. They do offer plenty of spaces that should be adult only, but there are usually kids there. This gives adults a pool, or restaurants, room neighbors etc that do not include kids.

And I was just coming back to say the same thing ... kinda. When we are being disturbed or bothered at Disney it is usually ADULTS with kids. If I can eliminate those adults, and their kids, from the hotel and amenities that is a HUGE drawing point for me to stay there.
To your bolded point, I've already got my protection on from the incoming pitchforks but I would be 100% fine if something like Trader Sam's became 21 and up only at all times not just after 8 pm.

My initial reaction is no, as Walt created the Disney parks for families and kids. But then I think on it and realize that the parks have already shifted way in the direction of paying adults - so maybe a single resort wouldn't be a bad idea! 40 years ago, never would have expected to see alcohol sales every 100 yards at EPCOT! Those were driven by paying adults! So, I think an adult-only could be popular to a certain group. We probably wouldn't need to stay there, but I'm sure many would.

To your bolded point, I've already got my protection on from the incoming pitchforks but I would be 100% fine if something like Trader Sam's became 21 and up only.
I wouldn't mind that either. I'm pretty sure Trader Sam's (both at DL and WDW) is a place where adults gravitate towards. We went to the one in DL but couldn't make it to the one in WDW when we were there last year although other friends could and did go. It's usually a must do for our DISer friends when they are down there in part I'm sure because it's not within the parks so it makes it easier to plan to meet up.

I wouldn't mind that either. I'm pretty sure Trader Sam's (both at DL and WDW) is a place where adults gravitate towards. We went to the one in DL but couldn't make it to the one in WDW when we were there last year although other friends could and did go. It's usually a must do for our DISer friends when they are down there in part I'm sure because it's not within the parks so it makes it easier to plan to meet up.
The one in WDW is so small and idk it definitely has an adult feel to it. I went once where a kid was running around the place yelling and if you've been to Trader Sam's, you know how obnoxious that is given the size of the bar. I would just want an adult option outside of Jellyrolls since I went to that once and didn't find it to be worth the cover charge. I love the tiki bar vibe way more.

I would but to be honest, I have never been in a resort where Kid's ever really bothered me. I mean its Disney so its expected ( except when crying and screaming children keep me up or wake me up!!!!!! ;] )

We're all kids at Disney.. Remember?

No.

The concept is offensive and discriminatory. Hotels should not discriminate anyone based on age, family make-up, etc.

It has been proposed a number of times on this forum.

It is not much different than saying people over age 65 are not welcome. If fair housing laws do not extend to hotels, they should.

(One cannot refuse to rent or sell, refuse to negotiate, or make housing unavailable or otherwise deny a dwelling on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, familial status, national origin, and handicap.)

Ick. Discrimination is always gross.

No.

The concept is offensive and discriminatory. Hotels should not discriminate anyone based on age, family make-up, etc.

It is not much different than saying people over age 65 are not welcome. If fair housing laws do not extend to hotels, they should.

(One cannot refuse to rent or sell, refuse to negotiate, or make housing unavailable or otherwise deny a dwelling on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, familial status, national origin, and handicap.)

For real the concept is hardly new nor discriminatory. If you want to try the age thing how come I don't get a discount at places just because of my age? Isn't it discriminatory for 55+ communities? You could go on and on and on if you'd like to. Talk about fair housing...

No.

Assume you never went to an adults only tropical resort?

Nothing remotely offensive and discriminatory about this idea.

For real the concept is hardly new nor discriminatory. If you want to try the age thing how come I don't get a discount at places just because of my age? Isn't it discriminatory for 55+ communities? You could go on and on and on if you'd like to. Talk about fair housing...
Also what about youth hostels? They typically don't allow anyone under 16 or anyone over 40-ish (I have been to one that allowed older people but no kids).

The one in WDW is so small and idk it definitely has an adult feel to it. I went once where a kid was running around the place yelling and if you've been to Trader Sam's, you know how obnoxious that is given the size of the bar. I would just want an adult option outside of Jellyrolls since I went to that once and didn't find it to be worth the cover charge. I love the tiki bar vibe way more.
Tiki bars are a magnet for adults too! Speakeasies are cool too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter