Would you switch to Portofino for $300 more?

autismgoesdisney

DIS Veteran
I'm sorry for all the posts. I really can't make up my mind here!

We were all set on Royal Pacific (where I'd like to stay because I hear its like the Polynesian and I LOVE the Poly!) but the standard rooms are so small and I'm nervous about fitting our air mattress in the small space for our third child. Portofino's garden view rooms are $300 more and a lot more space from what I see. The air mattress should definitely fit fine.

Which would you do?

I think I ran the numbers once and found that the price per square foot of the deluxe resorts is essentially the same. The higher prices for PBR are because the rooms are bigger. We have stayed deluxe 2 queen at PBR and our family of 5 did great what with the large bathroom.

$300 might sound like a lot, but if you are staying for 6 days, $50 more per day is not much to get that much more space.

We have also stayed RPR and it is a most awesome vibe. IMHO better than Poly. If you switch to PBR, make sure you resort hop to RPR to swim and tour around.

Yes I would.

And visit Royal so you can see if it feels like the Poly. Besides a Polynesian theme I can't see that the resorts are alike.

I think it's worth it. Our family of 4 stayed in the garden view rooms specifically for more space. We have 2 teens who won't sleep in same bed. Neither DH or I wanted to sleep in the same bed with either so we got a double queen garden view room and actually threw 2 air mattresses on the floor for each teen and I took a queen bed and Dh took a queen bed. We have a king bed at home and sleeping in queen bed together isn't the most comfortable. Even with the 2 air mattresses there was still plenty of room.

I'm sorry for all the posts. I really can't make up my mind here!

We were all set on Royal Pacific (where I'd like to stay because I hear its like the Polynesian and I LOVE the Poly!) but the standard rooms are so small and I'm nervous about fitting our air mattress in the small space for our third child. Portofino's garden view rooms are $300 more and a lot more space from what I see. The air mattress should definitely fit fine.

Which would you do?
hard to say without knowing the 'daily' price

five people in any hotel room isn't exactly spacious, but often expected during a family vacation.

Pull up the floor plans for each hotel room, it will help you decide if and where an air mattress would fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter