Would you use a car service or taxi?

elovell

Mouseketeer
Can't decide on a car service or taxi. Myself, DH, & 2 kids will be arriving at Orlando airport @ 11:30 P.M. travelling to PBH. Part of me thinks that it would be handy to have everything arranged with a car service & know the exact fee, but the other part remembers when we had a car service that was an hour late picking us up on a Disney trip back to the airport almost causing us to almost miss our flight. Would it be more convenient to find a car service driver or a taxi that late at night? Which would you do?

Can't decide on a car service or taxi. Myself, DH, & 2 kids will be arriving at Orlando airport @ 11:30 P.M. travelling to PBH. Part of me thinks that it would be handy to have everything arranged with a car service & know the exact fee, but the other part remembers when we had a car service that was an hour late picking us up on a Disney trip back to the airport almost causing us to almost miss our flight. Would it be more convenient to find a car service driver or a taxi that late at night? Which would you do?

I would go with a car service. I assume that late at night you would not want to do a grocery stop (but you never know). Car services cost about $10 - 15 more, but the car is cleaner and the driver is usual more professional.

we have used Tiffany town car in the past with good results

same here, car service. with or without the grocery stops would still choose the car service.

We just recently did both. We had a 3 leg trip. If you aren't looking for a grocery stop I would grab a cab at the airport. For your return trip Portofino has a flat rate service using very comfortable vehicles 24-7. We paid $50.00 from HRH last week back to the airport minus the tip.

Depending on what time your flight home is, I'd do the car service from the airport to the resort and consider the Mears shuttle back.

At HRH did you just ask at concierge or are cabs always there?
Thanks.

The cars are always there - they were very nice SUV's, Vans and Town Cars as well as limos. Bell services called one over for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter