Wouldn't this irritate you?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
I ran a 10K race on Thanksgiving and had a good time (At least by my standards! :lmao: ) and I planned on using that time for proof on several races I have planned, including the Peachtree and possibly the WDW Full. It still says Unofficial Results on active and it also won't let me print them out. On the race's website it still says this was a Peachtree qualifier. I have emailed twice and gotten no response. Given I'm about to have another surgery I don't think I can pull off another time like that, definitely not before I sign up for either of those races. This was not that small of a race. I don't get it!!! :confused3 I have other times I can use, but I really wanted the buffer for the full. Has anyone had this happen to them? I wonder what the deal is!

Shan,

Wouldn't the only part of it being UnOfficial be the placements? Your chip time would be official (just let someone try to change the chip time *evil laugh*) so I would think that would still work for the proof of times. Don't lose hope, I'd try it. Especially since it's Active and Disney uses Active it probably won't a big deal. :hug: All the best wishes for a smooth recovery and your are back up to running speed asap!

Shan, sorry about not getting a response from the emails. I think Diane has a good point. I'd try using that time that was reported even if the event is listed as unofficial for now.

I wish I could. It won't print out for some reason! Do you think they have it fixed not to print cause it is unofficial??? :confused3

Hey Shan! :)

Ok I have yet to send in proof but try emailing them the race, maybe the link to the results page or something and let them know it will not print for you.

Have you signed up already? I'd put the time you plan on with that proof of time and email them or if it has to be a fax, write a note and fax it. They can then look it up on their own and confirm.

I want to say I have heard during the MArathon weekends they even had a computer set up to check for proof of times. So don't fret yet! I still think this will work out and you'll be leading the way in January from a nice corral :thumbsup2 I'll be in the back following behind ;)

Email or fax them the situation.

I ran a 10K race on Thanksgiving and had a good time (At least by my standards! :lmao: ) and I planned on using that time for proof on several races I have planned, including the Peachtree and possibly the WDW Full. It still says Unofficial Results on active and it also won't let me print them out. On the race's website it still says this was a Peachtree qualifier. I have emailed twice and gotten no response. Given I'm about to have another surgery I don't think I can pull off another time like that, definitely not before I sign up for either of those races. This was not that small of a race. I don't get it!!! :confused3 I have other times I can use, but I really wanted the buffer for the full. Has anyone had this happen to them? I wonder what the deal is!

Shan, send me the link to the unofficial results. I can't make any promises but just because the page won't let you print doesn't mean it can't be printed with the right program. You can post them or PM them to me, whichever you prefer.

Shan, send me the link to the unofficial results. I can't make any promises but just because the page won't let you print doesn't mean it can't be printed with the right program. You can post them or PM them to me, whichever you prefer.

Thanks so much! I sent you a PM. I talked with a neighbor today who works for the people who run this race and she said the woman who handles the race every year is out until March on maternity leave! So that is cutting it close for even the Peachtree... I wonder why it was posted on active as unofficial???

FireDancer rocks! :rockband:

Thanks so much for figuring it out for me.

Turns out there is a problem printing it out and it wasn't just me! :badpc:

Has anyone ever had a problem turning in a proof of time that was listed as unofficial??? :scratchin

Not sure about Disney, but for Peachtree.... unless it's good enough from Group 1 I think they will take it. My understanding is they just scan and assign. Put a note explaining why.

(And which race was this, think I want to avoid it! LOL!)

I thought for the full it had to be longer then a 10K?

What's weird to me is that the Disneyland half requires a 10 Miler/Half Marathon/Marathon time to justify your corral, but that Disney World allows you to show proof with a 10k.

Carol, it was the Gobble Jog 10K on Thanksgiving in downtown Marietta. If you go to the website it says this was a Peachtree Qualifier.

I used a slower time last year for the Peachtree from this race and got into group one. I'm sure I cut it close that is why I really wanted to use this past race's time. I know I can still use the old one, but this time was much better.

DH's Gobble Jog time can get him a chip this year. So I know he really wants to use this one instead of the previous year's time.

So you think Peachtree will be picky about this for group one and above? I actually sent Atlanta Track Club an email and they told me they thought this was odd, that it shouldn't still be unofficial by this point. Told me I could use the previous year's time.

Carol, it was the Gobble Jog 10K on Thanksgiving in downtown Marietta. If you go to the website it says this was a Peachtree Qualifier.

I used a slower time last year for the Peachtree from this race and got into group one. I'm sure I cut it close that is why I really wanted to use this past race's time. I know I can still use the old one, but this time was much better.

DH's Gobble Jog time can get him a chip this year. So I know he really wants to use this one instead of the previous year's time.

So you think Peachtree will be picky about this for group one and above? I actually sent Atlanta Track Club an email and they told me they thought this was odd, that it shouldn't still be unofficial by this point. Told me I could use the previous year's time.

You are faster then I am... I am in group two and Happy!

I would send BOTH and put a note on the bottom on the Thanksgiving race saying it was run by an idiot LOL! (Well maybe not that but that the person is out on maternity leave.)

I guess I don't have to worry about this one. I head to Boston every Thanksgiving! But heck last year I did my qualifer in Febuary and it was offical the next day!:rolleyes:

You are faster then I am... I am in group two and Happy!

I would send BOTH and put a note on the bottom on the Thanksgiving race saying it was run by an idiot LOL! (Well maybe not that but that the person is out on maternity leave.)

I guess I don't have to worry about this one. I head to Boston every Thanksgiving! But heck last year I did my qualifer in Febuary and it was offical the next day!:rolleyes:

Carol, I'm definitely not fast! :lmao:

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it was group two I got into last year. It was the first group behind the ones with the chips. I ended up giving away my bib cause of my surgery, though. So I really wanted to run this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter