• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WOW...How did I miss this?!?!

mAlien13

Down with Disney
OK...This is going to strike you all as very odd. I have been planning our upcoming trip for a few weeks, and our dates are confirmed. My DH and DM are flying in, just to take less time off work, and their tickets have been purchased, and the hotel has been booked. In other words, we are not going to be able to adjust the dates of the trip.

So what's the big deal? I completely did not realize that it will be Mother's Day Sunday while we are there! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We are planning on visiting SW and the zoo over the two weekend days. Originally, we were going to visit SeaWorld on Saturday and the Zoo on Sunday. Now that I realize it will be Mother's Day, I think we may as well embrace it and try to make it a great celebration.

Does anyone know if either or both parks have special events, brunches or anything scheduled for that day? If so, or if not, does anyone have recommendations on which park would be best to visit?

I believe that Sea World has special Mothers Day meals.

Funny enough, I was in the same boat! I totally forgot about Mother's Day until I had already booked the plane tickets. Then it occured to me that I was going to be in DL WITHOUT my children!!!!:scared1:

My DH and I are going for our anniversary trip and leaving the kiddos at home. They are ok with it. They figured since it is Mother's Day, I should get to pick what I do. I have nice boys!

Anyway, there is a Mother's Day Brunch at the DLH. My DH was SUPPOSED to book it on the 11th, but forgot. He called tonight and there was still ressies available for many times.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Check seaworld.com and sandiegozoo.org for their calendars of events - I know SeaWorld has a Mother's Day meal, and the zoo probably does too.

Have fun!

Thank you for the help, you guys! :goodvibes

It is funny, spokanemom, that it could slip the mind like that! :lmao:

From what I have been able to find, it looks like the only thing the zoo has is some kind of ladies only sleep over, and that's not really going to work for a family trip. I am checking into SeaWorld.

Does anyone have an opinion on which park would be more crowded on a holiday?

There is a brunch at the zoo, but I can't find any info on how to book or prices. I sent an email to them, hopefully I will hear back soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter