WOW...KimRaye just made me figure out my expenses for DISCon....

December99

<font color=orange>WDW Antenna Topper Queen</font>
Have you estimated about how much it might cost you???? I just did and it is totally amazing!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't realize how much money I'm spending on this trip but man....it will be WELL worth it in my book!!!!!

I haven't analyzed my budget recently, but it usually costs more than you think it will. Meals are a big variable for me. I have a number of Connections Quick and Casual vouchers, so I'll be looking for lunch buddies - especially for Beaches and Cream. :D I want to eat at 50's Primetime Cafe, do the Fantasmic dinner package, and the Candlelight Processional dinner package. I'll be eating with the Dec. 3rd MVMCP group - probably at Chef Mickey's. That's easily $100 right there.

It does add up....I just didn't imagine it was going to be THAT much...and I was cutting some costs by staying at OKW for two nights on points, sharing a room with someone for the other nights, got a great airfare...I thought I was doing (well I probably am) but geesh....it's still high!!!! ROFL

And then there is DATW....that in itself could be another $100!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;) ;) ;)

And then there is DATW....that in itself could be another $100!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;) ;) ;)

Nah - I added up the cost of a drink in all 11 countries, and it shouldn't set you back more than $60!!! ;)

Since I bought my AP at my last visit I can figure that cost is taken care of.

However, you can do it cheaper it is all the special meals we have planned (Hoop Dee Do, Chef Mickey's, CP) I don't want anyone to think these are required and not come to DISCON because it is too expensive. I did not do any of that (or DATW) last year and still had a great time!!!

Chris - I did DISCON last year and I was out of work. I was able to watch my costs, buy breakfasts from the grocery store to have in your room, eat your big meal at lunch, etc... It can be done.

Chris, it definitely adds up. :eek: But there are ways to cut corners.....and all in all it's well well worth it. :D

You can also save on the meals by ordering an appetizer instead of a large entry. The quick and Casual vouchers are also great, especially if you can split them with someone. B&C is a great place to split a meal. If you split a Q&C it would be $6.50 a person. If you make that your large meal of the day, and then at some of the more expensive dinners, just have an appetizer, you would be saving lits $$$.

The budget board always has lots of great ideas for saving money on the trip and for the trip. Lots of change jar saving goes on.

For me, the shopping wrecked havoc on my budget last year. If you book the CP dinner package, last year you had 15% (or was it 10?) off all purchases in EPCOT on that day. Plus I found lots of Xmas stuff on sale. Way too good to pass up. Oh well, it was fun and we got lots of great bargains!

For any real bargain hunters, try this link. WDW Extended Settler Special

Don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining...it was just that I didn't realize the cost. DH has taken care of that for our past trips and I am cutting corners to save some money...I just didn't imagine it was that much already!!!! It was kinda funny. I do plan on making a grocery stop from the airport to stock up on water and some snacks and stuff but I'm not too worried about it. I just hadn't really thought about it.

I was just going to post on this very same topic. Trying to decide how much to save. What do you all think of this budget? I will be there Dec 3-8

Room: N/C since BCV on points
Car: N/C since sister is paying
Air: N/C since frequent flyer ticket
AP: $354 (with DC card)
Conf: $220
Meals: $300 ($50/day times six days)
Shopping: $200

Unfortunately, I won't be able to do Hoop Dee Doo, CP, or MVMCP since such a short trip.

So around $1,100?

What do you think?

That sounds very reasonable, Okie - especially all the "N/C" items! :D

I don't know what time you'll arrive on the 3rd, but you might want to consider doing MVMCP that night with a bunch of us.

Another thing - if you do the CP dinner package, you'll get a 15% shopping discount at Epcot that day. Since you estimated spending $200 - you could save $30 with the CP package discount - which almost pays for your meal.:D

I would love to do MVMCP, but I have to stay in Stillwater until afternoon. I am a prof at Oklahoma State and am already playing hooky for a few days that week. The next week is our finals week!!!!!

Sister Linda and I plan to do some late night shopping at DD and the outlets to make up for it though!!!!!

Karen

Oh Lord....I know it's going to cost me a ton of money. But I don't care.

Just show me my American Express bill afterward and then I'll have a heart attack. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOL and sorry Chris! :( I didn't mean to burst your bubble, I was just wondering if you or ANYONE had any idea how much it might all run. I know that everyone's plans, mini-meets, length of stay, etc., is different but, I was just wondering.

Brian, you give me great encouragement! ;)

I think I'm just going to say to my better half that his Christmas present to me this year is all food consumed at WDW !! That in itself can be classed as a whole food mountain in Europe - LOL

Also I've told everybody that all their Xmas pressies this year are going to be from WDW and if they don't want a pressie from WDW then let me knokw and I'll save the expenditure - it's the thought that counts - don't you think?

Afterall I'll be having a great time;)

My plan:
Room--4 nights POFQ w/DC discount $525. 5 nights BCV (DVC) N/C (Subject to change, if NY ever lets me add-on points, and if I can add more BCV nights to my ressie.)
Train--To Orlando $300. To Home--N/C (Amtrak Rewards)
AP--N/C (Still good from earlier this year)
DISCON--$210
Food 9 days--$450*
Towncar-$120 (includes tip)
TOTAL--$1605. I think this is a good deal for 9 nights at WDW.

*I plan on having breakfast in my room everyday. I just bought a large tote bag that converts into a backpack for taking my own cereal, snacks, coffee, etc. to save $. I have a collapsible cooler for milk, etc. for when I'm at PO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter