Wreck on I-95 Northbound

we3luvdisney

<font color=blue>I admit it. I am a <font color=pu
Authorities Respond To Multi-Vehicle Wreck On Northbound I-95
Bus, Tractor-Trailer, SUV Involved In Accident

POSTED: 12:47 p.m. EST January 23, 2003
UPDATED: 2:08 p.m. EST January 23, 2003

FOUR OAKS, N.C. -- Officials are responding to a wreck involving a passenger bus, a tractor-trailer and a Ford Explorer along northbound Interstate 95 in Johnston County.

Authorities say a tractor-trailer carrying vans, a modified bus and a Ford Explorer were involved in the accident Thursday near Four Oaks at mile marker 87.

The state Highway Patrol says the car carrier was traveling northbound when it jacknifed. The car carrier then struck an overpass and was hit by the bus. The Ford Explorer then struck the bus in the rear.

Crews are working to remove the vehicles from the highway.

Highway Patrol officials say three people were injured in the incident and taken to the hospital. Officials say none of the injuries are considered life-threatening.

I-95 traffic is being diverted to the Four Oaks exit.

When I read the title of this thread, I thought you were referring to an accident that occurred here in CT last Friday. I awoke to sirens and helicopters and they closed the highway (95) for 3 hours during morning rush hour. There were 3 vehicles involved which included 2 tractor trailers and and SUV carrying NINE Yale students, 4 of whom died. A tractor trailer jacknifed and crossed the jersey barrier and the SUV slammed into the back of it at full speed. The SUV was towed to a gas station across the street from us and DH saw it. He was visibly shaken by it. Sooooo sad.:( They are now looking into the safety of I95 in this area. Too bad 4 young men with such promising futures had to lose their lives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter