? Wrist bands at bcv pool

When we were there in Aug. they did check for room keys for all before issuing wrist bands.

we were there in Sept and they did check for room key before giving wrist bands. Only had to show one key for entire party and dd (who is 2+) did not need to wear one.

We were just there in October and they did ask for room keys and hand out wrist bands. They did not ask the children for their room key.

Michele

We were just there last week, family of 4. Only one of us had to show a room key for all of us to get the wristbands.

I'm glad to hear that they're enforcing this. If SAB is overcrowded because of a bunch of people who shouldn't be there, everyone loses.

They will ask for one key which will show how many people are in the room then issue bands. I wish all resorts did this!!! :wave:

I think how many room keys they "need" to see depends on how busy it is and the CM doing the checking.
Usually when I've seen this asked, there is a variety of "we only had to show one key for our whole party" and "we had to show a key for each of us.
When DH and I stayed there a few years ago, he showed his key and the CM asked me for mine too. I didn't have it with (we thought one key would be enough, so I had left it in the room). She did make me go back and get it before she would issue a wristband to me.

draw said:
I think I recently read that they check your room key card and give you a wrist band before you enter Stormaway Bay at bcv. My question is if this is true. The reason I'm asking is that we have an extra person in our 2 bedroom and this person will not have a room card. It is only a 4 yo sleeping in between his parents. Thanks for info info in advance.
I'd bet they'd give you a room key for the extra child if you asked for it at check in. In any case, you should be able to use the parents' cards for any children associated with them. They do this every few days (IMO thye ought to do it even more often).

by saying an extra person, do you mean you have 9 in a 2 bedroom? I have no experience, but I would bet that they won't give you more than 8 wristbands for your party. The 8 person limit I am sure is a fire code number.

Funny thing is the OP said in his/her other posts they are staying in BW villa's in a studio and also inquired about the Polynesian..Gee something is amiss, I'm thinking besides sneaking an extra child :cool1:
Maybe giving tips about how to get around rules is not a good idea! You think?

LakeAriel said:
Funny thing is the OP said in his/her other posts they are staying in BW villa's in a studio and also inquired about the Polynesian..Gee something is amiss, I'm thinking besides sneaking an extra child :cool1:
Maybe giving tips about how to get around rules is not a good idea! You think?

You are SOOO smart!!! I think you are my new "idol"!!! I would never think to check someone's other posts!!

I agree....I think it ought to be standard answer on here..."Yes, they check....always....so, don't try it.!"

:wave:

Beca

. It seems difficult to fit a family of 5 in a room anywhere. What do other people do?

DH and I were there in mid october...asked once for our room key, just walked in other times...we were staying at BCV so no problem if they had asked the other times.....why do so many people try to cheat on a good thing???? I simply don't understand it? If you have above the 8 person limit...get a Grand Villa, not enough points than wait til you have them. Rules are rules, you signed on the dotted line when you paid your bill. I also think they should issue wristbands at all the pools, then people would have to abide by the rules. There are max numbers for reasons, not just for money.

draw said:
I don't mean to break any rules. It seems like a waste to get another room when the child won't sleep in his own bed. It is difficult to fit a family of 5 in a room anywhere. Well this is the problem I face by inviting a second family with us. What do other people do?

When we went last May, I let my parents use my points for BCV while dh, dd and I were staying off-site (we were chaperoning a school group that I was a director of). I wanted to sign us into my mom's room, as dd would be staying with them a LOT while I was overseeing the performances of the kids both at WDW and Universal...this is why we gave them our points to stay. Well....the rule is "only 4 in a studio". So, I signed my parents, dd and dh into the room. Neither dh nor me actually stayed in the room, but we wanted to be able to take dd into SAB. So, what happened?...what did we do?....I watched at SAB while dd and dh went swimming everyday. Not a big loss for me as I am allergic to chlorine, but I might have gotten in (up to my waist (I only have a problem if chlorine gets into my sinuses)), but I was not signed in....and, therefore not allowed in.

Last April, we invited friends with us. Now, my family of 3 can stay in a studio, but our friends also had three....we got a 2bdrm. Why? Because it is the rules. Next March I would like to take some graduating seniors that I have been teaching for several years, as well as some fellow teachers. There will eleven of us (including 2 small children). I am getting a 2bdrm plus a studio...why...that's the rules!!! It does put me in "permanent" borrow mode...but, that is my choice. I would have plenty of points for just my family...but, I like to take others with me.

I think, if you invite guests, and it puts you over the "limit" of a room....then, you go to bigger room or get more rooms. I think that is the responsibility of inviting guests.

I don't mean to be harsh.....but, that seems like common sense to me.

Beca

Beca said:
You are SOOO smart!!! I think you are my new "idol"!!! I would never think to check someone's other posts!!

I agree....I think it ought to be standard answer on here..."Yes, they check....always....so, don't try it.!"

Beca

Thanks Beca! LOL
When I see someone looking for ways around the rules and then see they only have a handful of posts I aways check. More oft then not there is something fishy! Yes lets make sure they all know the rules are enforced 24/7 :banana:

draw said:
I don't mean to break any rules. It seems like a waste to get another room when the child won't sleep in his own bed. It is difficult to fit a family of 5 in a room anywhere. Well this is the problem I face by inviting a second family with us. What do other people do?

So Draw, where are you staying? Polynesian, BWV or BCV??? Your posts all say something different! :umbrella:

draw said:

My family of 6, we get 2 connecting regular resort rooms, but if we buy DVC will always get a 2br if we all go. That's what we do.

LakeAriel, If you checked my other posts you would know that they were written in 04

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter