? Wrist bands at bcv pool

draw said:
I don't mean to break any rules. It seems like a waste to get another room when the child won't sleep in his own bed. It is difficult to fit a family of 5 in a room anywhere. Well this is the problem I face by inviting a second family with us. What do other people do?

Other people get a room that will legally hold the number of people you have. Or get another room for the other family so that you have enough beds and don't violate occupancy rules.

We have another family going with us. We are a family of three. We usually get a one bedroom. The other family has four, maybe five. So we get a two bedroom. With nine, you really need to get another studio or a Grand Villa.

Sorry you are the receiver of bad news as a fairly new poster. But you might as well get used to it.

draw said:
LakeAriel, If you checked my other posts you would know that they were written in 04
I do apologize! It was 04 when you wanted to know about using old WL mugs at another resort. Since you hadn't posted since I didnt look at the year. I stand corrected. :guilty:
I stand by the desire for rules to be followed in either case.

Point taken by all. I guess I will be giving MS a call to get a grand villa. Being fairly new to dvc I didn't realilze it was such an issue. Thanks everyone for there wonderful advice.

draw said:
I don't mean to break any rules. It seems like a waste to get another room when the child won't sleep in his own bed. It is difficult to fit a family of 5 in a room anywhere. Well this is the problem I face by inviting a second family with us. What do other people do?

Where to stay with a family of 5 is a common question. Here's a few answers.

-- At all deluxe resorts except AKL and WL there are two queen beds and a day bed and the stated occupancy is 5.
-- You can get two rooms at a value resort for less than one at a deluxe resort. If you ask for connecting rooms there's an excellent chance you will get them. An economical choice for a family of 5.
-- Fort Wilderness cabins sleep 6 and though not cheap are less than a deluxe room.
-- There are all kinds of offsite places that can accommodate families of 5. One that is technically onsite is the Doubletree Guest Suites near Downtown Disney.

Got my DVC fix @ the BWV's this year and a wonderful time it was! :flower:

Haven't been home to the BCV since '04 but do remember each member of my party, - kids, showing room keys.
So wonderful to see CM's enforcing this rule!! :cheer2:

NOW......
If they could resolve my "MAJOR" pet peeve....inconsiderate people, hoarding and reserving chairs @ the pool when no one, or the rest of their party is not there...and I dont mean till they arrive in a matter of minutes.....I mean for a few hours!! :mad: :mad:
Guess that's for another thread......

senecabeach said:
Got my DVC fix @ the BWV's this year and a wonderful time it was! :flower:

Haven't been home to the BCV since '04 but do remember each member of my party, - kids, showing room keys.
So wonderful to see CM's enforcing this rule!! :cheer2:

NOW......
If they could resolve my "MAJOR" pet peeve....inconsiderate people, hoarding and reserving chairs @ the pool when no one, or the rest of their party is not there...and I dont mean till they arrive in a matter of minutes.....I mean for a few hours!! :mad: :mad:

This is especially infuriating when they aren't even staying on the property..sometimes not ANY Disney property! Just locals hopping the free buses from the nearest theme park where they parked their car!!! Ah Disney security!!! :rolleyes1

NOW......
If they could resolve my "MAJOR" pet peeve....inconsiderate people, hoarding and reserving chairs @ the pool when no one, or the rest of their party is not there...and I dont mean till they arrive in a matter of minutes.....I mean for a few hours!!

I agree with this , some people lay there towels down on back of there chairs and leave for hours, we ask the people sitting next to the chairs did these belong to you , no we saw them leave, so my dw removed the towels and they did return, they didnt say anything to us, just gave us some strange looks. On the Disney Cruise the cms would remove towels from the chairs after asking around. Anyway I also had to vent on this one. :cool1:

It seems difficult to fit a family of 5 in a room anywhere. What do other people do?

The following hotels do accept parties of 5:

All of the Deluxes and the Villas AK and WL do accept parties of 5
Port Orleans - Riverside
Fort Wilderness Resort

TTFN

Jetsetter90

I watched 3 adults at the BWV's pool in September...go and throw towels and beach stuff over 2 umbrella tables (that sat 4) and 5 lounge chairs.

NOW...we are talking seating for 13!! :scared1: :scared1:
I sat there ALL afternoon for about 5 hrs. and watched their party come and go. There were never more than 6 people (including kids) the whole time!! :sad2: :sad2:

I was VERY SAD to see a set of parents with 2 little one's in tiny kids wheelchairs...with no place to sit. I offered them my (1) chair but they graciously declined...but...OH..what a wonderful time they all had holding their kids, teaching them to swim in the pool and enjoying the day!! :cloud9:

we ask the people sitting next to the chairs did these belong to you , no we saw them leave, so my dw removed the towels and they did return, they didnt say anything to us, just gave us some strange looks.

Here's my take:

If there are no signs of shoes, beach bag, T-shirt, H2O bottles, swim suit cover up...etc on, by or under the chairs...... the chairs ARE AVAILABLE...PERIOD!!
:rolleyes1

I also think this is a good barometer for the CM's to go around and DO this too!!! ;)

draw said:
. It seems difficult to fit a family of 5 in a room anywhere. What do other people do?

Get a 2 bedroom villa.

senecabeach said:
Here's my take:

If there are no signs of shoes, beach bag, T-shirt, H2O bottles, swim suit cover up...etc on, by or under the chairs...... the chairs ARE AVAILABLE...PERIOD!!
:rolleyes1

I also think this is a good barometer for the CM's to go around and DO this too!!! ;)

Absolutely. When I see chairs covered by towels and nothing else, I just say to myself "How thoughtful of someone to lay out towels for us! It must have been the staff" and just help myself to the towel and the chair.

Off the subject but-since a pet peeve about the pools were mentioned, I have to ask, did anyone else see the girl running around without her swimsuit top at the BW the week of the 16th? This girl was about 10!!!! Then her brother was running and fell and got hurt and guess what? There were not any parents around! The kids grabbed their things and ran in.

BTW-I was asked for room keys at the BC for eveyone in my party. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter