Writer's Stop

disfamz

Mousekemom
DFB is saying they think Writer's Stop will be closed down with the other attractions/restaurants/food carts/etc to make way for the new areas. Anyone hear anything about this? I really hope not! It was one of my favorite places to go in DHS, especially when it rained!

Being a writer herself, my wife loved the Writers Stop. Although, in recent years, they took out a lot of stuff that had to do with writing.

Writers Stop is a good place to grab something while browsing around in that area. It always seemed busy too so this is a shame.

Yes, it is closing along with everything on that back street. I'm sad as well, it was a nice place to go and just relax. Hopefully, they'll open something like it and not think Starbucks is the answer.

Yes, it is closing along with everything on that back street. I'm sad as well, it was a nice place to go and just relax. Hopefully, they'll open something like it and not think Starbucks is the answer.

I wonder how many people actually bought books.

Sad. Love the carrot cake cookie. Iconic. Would get it to go and sit in the little park in front of Muppets Vision. But guessing WDW knows this little gem of a snack is popular and will sell it somewhere else in HS?

It has been available at Starring Roles next to the Brown Derby for quite a while.

That's good to know. The carrot cake cookie was the only reason we ever stopped into the Writer's Stop. And to be honest, I found the lack of seating irritating. Now we have a new spot to get our cookie!

I wonder how many people actually bought books.

I did...years ago when amazon wasn't so easy/mainstream?

Sure...I bought the first imagineering book, the architecture of reassurance, eisners "work in progress"

It's an emotional tie to an era long gone...but not that long ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter