WWoHP...Here I come!! PTR/TR Complete

43 days!

I may not a huge fan of roller coasters, especially the ones that:
  • Have your feet dangling over the edge of the seat
  • Goes upside down
  • Goes in loops
  • Has steep or very quick drops
  • Goes backwards
But no one will believe me when I say that one of my favourite rides from my last trip to Disney is at Animal Kingdom and it is the Expedition Everest. I know! I know! :rolleyes1I did say that I am not a fan of roller coasters that goes backwards but I am open to trying new things.:cheer2: I might put on my big girl pants on and maybe try the Dragon Challenge :scratchin

Also, I have been reading rumors that Universal was going to release EP for rides at WWoHP. Well, Universal released on Canada Day (July 1st, 2017 for those who don't celebrate Canada Day) that guests are now able to use the EP at many or all of the WWoHP rides. Yes!!:jumping1: I might look into getting the EP for our last day at the parks for any of the rides that we may want to go on again or we may missed but this up for debate. Click here for the article that I read confirming this rumor.

Stay tune for the next update!

Last edited:
be sure to tell Tony macraven said hi

take full advantage to the EE....
it will help with less heat and crowds in the early morning hours.

you will get more done in the first two hours in the parks easily...

check the monitor signs in the parks for line wait times.
they are adjusted regularly.
decide then which waits you can handle better.

some ride lines have shaded areas such as minion and shrek areas.

be sure to tell Tony macraven said hi

take full advantage to the EE....
it will help with less heat and crowds in the early morning hours.

you will get more done in the first two hours in the parks easily...

check the monitor signs in the parks for line wait times.
they are adjusted regularly.
decide then which waits you can handle better.

some ride lines have shaded areas such as minion and shrek areas.

I sure will!

Also, thank you for the recommendations! I will have to try and remember them when I am there.

36 days!

So I may have already started to pack . I'm that planner, organizer, and packer of the family, especially when it comes to vacations so this isn't really something new with me. Anyone who is following along and knows me personally will know that this is typical for me . It's mostly toiletries and clothes that I don’t wear or need on a regular basis or I have extra of. :rolleyes1 . I have also found the amazingness of using packing cubes from my last trip to Disney! This is going to keep me organized on where everything is, especially when I am travelling with M.

irc4eH7e3w3Ewfhagv7BEKYJNEpQkbyRDqKfzZjs8uZ9-0WvRlC_iYj2XGnf-WJDlou8ViprEbG1JVWB1saKq11GXztq_jMS19PjsXUTMccKf2GG5s3QqDC7A_Y5v0u1DfBquXSy
a4YuTvVSHq5lFUH7wprx3Hl_rNMF5Hc22c8v6_AJkHz0zkDiNw9mJq3ikaDmtuLRnoLxSKnGmOIinsuSQaSe_9azKqLrOKZ-rxIwhUKsH5sEw-USBM8bJyXM35acj4ZU3gOERWXL

(Pictures courtesy of Mountain Equipment Coop (MEC) and Amazon)

I do have a question for those who have done the VIP tours, is it worth it? If it is, once which is better:
  • Private?
  • Non-private?
  • 1 day, 1 park?
  • 1 day, 2 parks?
  • 2 days, 2 park?
I don’t plan on doing it for this trip, but I might for any future trips and any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Also, is me or is there less “shows” at Universal than at Disney? I am not surprised but that came up while I was researching shows/entertainment to maybe see.

Last edited:
Shakespeare made up words all the time... not my fault you don't understand my genius!

You're definitely more organize than I am, Ashley... I'll start packing a couple days before tops (sometimes the night before in particularly bad procrastination situations...)

:rotfl2::rotfl:Right now, I only have my stuff packed. I am letting M fend for himself on his own this trip but I don't know how long that will last. :tiptoe:

I just bought a set of packing cubes, I'm glad to hear you like them! I'm interested to see your packing techniques, you're so organized!

I was just reading an article recently about how the VIP tours are worth the investment and a great way to get things done quickly if you're on a restricted time schedule. You'll have to keep us updated if you look into it further or decide to do it!

I just bought a set of packing cubes, I'm glad to hear you like them! I'm interested to see your packing techniques, you're so organized!

Here is what I have so far:
1fpDXQOEvR0ATBDojvu3cByFeFfhDPSIWwjZcLx5HHkme-9hTXHKday6rAhv0NHoae9ZotBdOKythLy14qgZJ-isISk2sJm0ZESyxngDJikGG6M1pSwiCel2ljDe5_6D1rP6C-q8

Toiletries cube with
do_O5kl1SlwSJiA_UeYLurMd5EjAIuufjH-57lYHurRhrUb99q7P7SN5ZmB2Aw52voycreO-5P6VzAWsTbUDr1U2iOfKPlX-XjPNEp5LJjIPqOucDMX7CyAdEi1K0sQqKV3wzjX8

Travel toothbrushes &

IVRKCm39D9pSj6bWvZH4I9P9ji3SJFKVvXFEKq_ZArgQ14J1oW6YhDHlk1OKvXu5MeQ0RAkJWTWm03TqIb_ZJhfW-jH-NupVET7aSiWlE18n4N4jFVTU0BvwWT2etJihMS_PBtzB

Travel shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste & sunscreen

As for clothes I used these cubes:
PQ9jlM8s3Z4rM5afIjIjic4E32WveKrdcVcYksi4r7p2FEXIuOOI1zhawJ6pQMaJaYYjsBwUK-jrxMXxn9Cnr-3KGqj1XmbJmybg16hdvqzTUBBUYVlAhihs2J0eB8wNfspuJhj0

Top cube is for our swimsuits.

da-rifeD5yBG6qitZr6HZ4ZVs19tAIjecvmxk2JEgVBTW9QYo5WqOSHVm_-M5uWP7SoyDAmd5C4VCIVOfpkEjIZ4wzj8OKLejURhbtdvXLnMhade6H_oVkO8P6wJ_S1c3kPiByX7

Bottom cube is for Pants, PJ's (bottoms and tops), Tank Tops. There is one or two more pants I need to pack.

rLf28VqKy2IjiYc8xMpax-OxUwF1xLUC1tYj0XBSjCs7eumH2pNZHqQguelwU0qapiByXY3XZU-Of6BaelXvUvQVScI_v7j6MeNMAqRdHtyGSGKUOdTlIZGAgs2ruYnC4dO_ydaX

Middle cube is for shirts. I still have room in this one to fit M clothes if needed

uUp5n1iU5mDLZFNiIR1Jn42UCy8CwML9QjuXKWkZR3VOhPFgh79U8MAhq9FlCTDnLHixEex7B1URsqKmZV8Cc8lX16IeKio67EykLFilJRXatE0m54g1yjgtoXbtf4bm5NJtIlRT

There is still the one side of the luggage that is empty.

I was just reading an article recently about how the VIP tours are worth the investment and a great way to get things done quickly if you're on a restricted time schedule. You'll have to keep us updated if you look into it further or decide to do it!

I've heard it is a good way to get things done quickly. I don't think I'll do it this trip.

29 days!

One more thing cross off my list to get, Park Tickets! I was looking around and found Undercover tourist is having a good deal for Universal Tickets right now. They are offering 2 days plus 1 day or 2 days free for the 2 park to park passes. I’ve decide not to get the 3 park to park ticket as I am uneasy how busy VB will be when we get to the park our first day. If it is not busy, I mostly get the ticket at the gate. If it is busy, we’ll just to go the pool at the hotel.

I really hope to see/visit the following when I am at the parks:
  • Knight Bus
  • Ollivanders
  • Honeydukes
  • Weasleys Wizard Wheezes
  • Fear Factor LiveFrog Choir
  • Triwizard Spirit Rally
I can’t wait to go to Ollivanders and Weasleys Wizard Wheezes!

Question is:
  • Which character wand to get?
  • Interactive or non interactive?
Here are my top 3 characters wands that is on my list are:

Nymphadora Tonks
hhN7SFQ-nscXDXon_-dUTh57FbW-IAazBIIlpuYN570qlPZGDf_sybgGK35XPt0buCaKoDUAQ4UAv8bbdhG-97FGtaJScUUKIexCqWstxshOlIDW9fDKJyNhL7qkxlS4QhSJsPHq

Neville Longbottom
rL4mrWs-62RQ7CfWBsR4Q_c4ncpZNehjpog8WEDgBqBvqQW2a2_nA6W40DZJVdzCxP8zy2rP1lVvy5UEM0VQRFrvgTHf-S0ivJJUiWjUfGJTmXs4pYzU0gLOsXDgkaFkoSXfONW4

Professor McGonagall
5mc6AcY-_GgKgY_hF3bc4DNFPcEL8wJD-LGPGunRU3XVehXQ5YdZhb4uwz0Vtg7VIjPT_YxMz2XET3TlWGTr7M0mK1GC76ZOJJ6Gk-qMfbh_f5OfVuayBpDoRvMrD1QrPY4OVBtC

Being a Hufflepuff, my eyes are more drawn to Tonks wand. Decisions, decisions!

I don’t know how I feel about buying a box of every flavour beans but I might buy just to try it. Any suggestions on what to try or get while I am Honeydukes?

Last edited:
The interactive wands are a lot of fun. When we were there, there wasn't as big of a selection of character wands that were also interactive. Hopefully that has changed (DS#2 really wanted Arthur Weasley's wand, but ended up settling for Sirius's or Snape's...can't remember now.) Youngest DS wanted "his own special wand" not a character's, so they looked up his birthday to let him know which wand would "choose him."

Every flavor beans are fun, but be near a trash can or in your room...a lot of them got spit out when we tried them (we were in a gravel lot at a drive-in theater, so it wasn't an issue.) Personally, I don't think the fun of them is worth the price, so we bought them at our local Books-A-Million ($2-$3 for a small box) in the HP display section.

I loved the cauldron cakes...but it looks like they've changed them since last summer...not sure how they are now. I thought the Butterbeer fudge was a decent price, but kind of bland and too sweet (but I'm not big into fudge anyway.) I can't remember anything else we tried, besides the lemon drops (just standard lemon drops). Anymore, we usually skip Honeydukes (unless I want a cauldron cake) and get a Simpson's Big Pink donut. They are tasty, huge, and right around $5.

The interactive wands are a lot of fun. When we were there, there wasn't as big of a selection of character wands that were also interactive. Hopefully that has changed (DS#2 really wanted Arthur Weasley's wand, but ended up settling for Sirius's or Snape's...can't remember now.) Youngest DS wanted "his own special wand" not a character's, so they looked up his birthday to let him know which wand would "choose him."

Every flavor beans are fun, but be near a trash can or in your room...a lot of them got spit out when we tried them (we were in a gravel lot at a drive-in theater, so it wasn't an issue.) Personally, I don't think the fun of them is worth the price, so we bought them at our local Books-A-Million ($2-$3 for a small box) in the HP display section.

I loved the cauldron cakes...but it looks like they've changed them since last summer...not sure how they are now. I thought the Butterbeer fudge was a decent price, but kind of bland and too sweet (but I'm not big into fudge anyway.) I can't remember anything else we tried, besides the lemon drops (just standard lemon drops). Anymore, we usually skip Honeydukes (unless I want a cauldron cake) and get a Simpson's Big Pink donut. They are tasty, huge, and right around $5.

Thanks for the head up about the every flavour beans! I am very hesitant to buy them.

If they have more character interactive wands, I will let you know! Was it worth it?

you can order from jellybelly.com for the bertie beans
i was in Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin in March and went to the jelly belly store there.
they carry and sell the chocolate frogs of harry potter and the flavor potter beans.

so much cheaper that buying them at universal

before i moved south, i lived 3 miles from the jelly belly store so tried all the potter candy stuff at the outlet store.
i was paying $1. for the frogs back then.

some of the bertie beans tastes so ugly......
but at the cheap prices, was not an issue tossing the ones i could not handle the taste of.

jelly belly makes the bertie beans i thought.

if you look at their site, you can find places in your vicinity that sells the potter products of beans and frogs.

i found in my area i can buy them at crackelbarrel.

We think the interactive wands are worth every cent! Our 3 boys each got their own, and the adults would occasionally take a turn with the kids' wands. We spent mot of one day doing spells, and we'd do a few every time we'd walk through the area.

you can order from jellybelly.com for the bertie beans
i was in Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin in March and went to the jelly belly store there.
they carry and sell the chocolate frogs of harry potter and the flavor potter beans.

so much cheaper that buying them at universal

before i moved south, i lived 3 miles from the jelly belly store so tried all the potter candy stuff at the outlet store.
i was paying $1. for the frogs back then.

some of the bertie beans tastes so ugly......
but at the cheap prices, was not an issue tossing the ones i could not handle the taste of.

jelly belly makes the bertie beans i thought.

if you look at their site, you can find places in your vicinity that sells the potter products of beans and frogs.

i found in my area i can buy them at crackelbarrel.

:thanks:I will have to look around to see if there a store that sells them here as I don't think they will deliver to Canada. :worried:

We think the interactive wands are worth every cent! Our 3 boys each got their own, and the adults would occasionally take a turn with the kids' wands. We spent mot of one day doing spells, and we'd do a few every time we'd walk through the area.

:DI hope they do have Tonk's as an interactive wand. I want to give it a try. :yay:

22 days!

Both M and I are not very picky eaters and we are willing to try new restaurants when we can. The only trouble is if I suggest something, he will not tell me a yes or a no, it’s always “Whatever you want”, “You choose”, or “I don’t care”, it drives me crazy! I would choose where we are going then he says no, let's go here instead. I gave you an option in the first place, just choose! :headache:

This week will be a restaurants update will be at US and IoA.

At US, the restaurants are:
  • The Frying Dutchman
  • Leaky Cauldron
  • Krusty Burger
  • Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
At IoA:
  • The broomsticks
  • Mythos restaurant

Last edited:
The Frying Dutchman and Krusty Bruger are under one roof, like a mall food court, you go to the line you want and pay at one place (that has all the Simpsons food there except the Taco Truck.) Just a FYI :D

@warriorping I think you've sold me on the packing cubes. The suitcase we use for DH is a large rolling duffel, after the first couple of days the inside looks like Edward Scissorhands has scattered his clothes. I'm thinking the cubes will be a great way to keep the clutter to a minimum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!