WWYD? Fantasy December vs. Treasure March or something else

jalapeno_pretzel

DIS Veteran
Which would you choose and why?

7 night Fantasy in December ... St. Maarten, San Juan, Castaway Cay
7 night Treasure in March ... Tortola, San Juan, Castaway Cay

We have been on Fantasy before. (Our two other cruises were Dream and Magic). The December trip would be more expensive.
If we chose Fantasy, there is some chance we would do a different trip in March (but not another cruise), but if we chose Treasure, we probably wouldn't do anything else in December.

I like the idea of Fantasy and leaving March open for other travel (possibly Portugal, or else desert southwest), but realistically I don't know if we would want to spend that much money on 2 expensive trips, before even more travel in summer 2025. And, I don't know if we want to mess with air travel at spring break time (we can drive to PC). I also like the idea of St. Maarten, which is not a usual port. I like the idea of Treasure because of less cost, brand new ship, new food choices, new shows.

We are on that cruise in December. I am so excited about the itinerary and cruising over new years!

I would choose the Treasure, since it is different from the other ships I have sailed on. I probably wouldn’t even go ashore in Tortola and would explore the ship with fewer people onboard.

I try to avoid travel in late December because of crowds and the chance of bad weather.

I love St. Maarten, that might be enough to push me towards the Fantasy. Also, your post says if you go in March, you wouldn't travel in December, but if you go in December there's a chance you would go somewhere else in March. for me, any chance at additional travel is where I'm leaning...

What a dilemma in which to find yourself. 🤭

More expensive doesn’t appeal to me - especially on a 13 year old ship.

They both have San Juan going for them.

Is March early, before Spring Breaks? Sounds like there are bunches of kids either way, so not really a factor.

You can find something to entertain yourself in December.

If price is not way different, I would pick the Treasure in March; it will be new, but also somewhat settled in for the Cast Members. You did not mention having been on and disliked the Wish.

Figure out what you would do on Tortola and St Maarten to break a tie. Not just that it’s a new destination for you - but what would be a better day. Neither one has loads of options, so you should be able pick an activity. You only get 2 ports + CC.

New production shows. New menus. New ship.

I would choose the Treasure. You said it's cheaper and the weather will be wonderful in March but can be questionable in December.

I'm doing that itinerary on the Treasure in February 2024. It's a pretty rare one, I think my sailing and the one you mentioned are the only times it's offered in 2024. I'd go with that.

And nice to be Super Excited!

I appreciate San Juan. The Old San Juan is beautiful, historical. Then there’s the option for El Yunque Rain Forrest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter