Wwyd??

Melanie230

DIS Veteran
We are going to US/IOA in 3 weeks. We have a ressie at HRH but I looked yesterday and we can get RPR for $140 less with our AP. Should we switch hotels? The kids LOVE HRH, but we haven't stayed at RPR since 2006 and that is a huge savings. WWYD?

We are going to US/IOA in 3 weeks. We have a ressie at HRH but I looked yesterday and we can get RPR for $140 less with our AP. Should we switch hotels? The kids LOVE HRH, but we haven't stayed at RPR since 2006 and that is a huge savings. WWYD?

I'd switch.

$140 is a lot of money and really there aren't any advantages to HRH over RPR. It is a tad shorter of a walk and the pool has a slide. That's about it.

I wouldf switch... wait a minute - I DID switch. With the pin code I got the savings were significantly better at RPR. My dd13 will be a little bummed, she likes the ambiance of the rock hotel. But I think she'll be fine with it, and I believe you can use ALL the hotel pools, so you can still take them over to the HRH hotel pool if they miss the slide. And eat at The Kitchen if they miss that too.

$140 is a lot of money and really there aren't any advantages to HRH over RPR. It is a tad shorter of a walk and the pool has a slide. That's about it.

The HRH is the kids favorite hotel, and DH loves it too. But he said the same thing...we should switch. IF I win the FB contest, then part of the prize was Gold YouFirst membership for year. So I will use that to upgrade to a Water View room!

I would switch. We love RPR but enjoy pool hopping to HRH. You get the best of both worlds this way.:thumbsup2

are your dates available at rph?

when i saw the ap rates, i called to switch my ressie.
there are no room types available with the ap rate for my dates.
so, i have no choice but to stay with the smsm rate.

i would have saved $100 if i could have switched.

it the end, it would be a wash.
i get the $100 food and bev credit at the hotel so i guess one would cancel the other out....hahahaha

Yeah...we have a Garden View booked at HRH it is $169 a night. RPR has the standard room for $139 per night. After all is said and done it is a big savings. I think we will switch today.

they had plenty of garden rooms at rph for the dates i have.
which would cover the dates you are going.

i'll be there before and after your stay.

i love rph but the hrh does have its good points.
hope you enjoy your stay at rph.

you can pool hop so you can still go to hrh for the afternoon.
that's a good thing.

are your dates available at rph?

when i saw the ap rates, i called to switch my ressie.
there are no room types available with the ap rate for my dates.
so, i have no choice but to stay with the smsm rate.

i would have saved $100 if i could have switched.

it the end, it would be a wash.
i get the $100 food and bev credit at the hotel so i guess one would cancel the other out....hahahaha

That's exactly why we don't stay at HRH anymore. Gotta love that credit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter