Wwyd???

Melanie230

DIS Veteran
We were talking last night about our upcoming trip. I won the trip to Universal and part of the prize was a 1 Deluxe Suite(1 king room with 2 queens)overlooking the pool. We also got Gold status for a year. I was thinking about asking at check in if we could switch to a 2 queen room instead of the suite on the Club Level. We are not in our room often so the extra room isn't really a huge deal to us. This is our first visit to the PBH and we have done Club before at the RPR and we liked it. If you were us...would you ask for the switch or just keep the Deluxe Suite? I don't know if they will let us change...but I didn't think it would hurt to ask. Hmmm.:confused3

You say the suite is 1 King room with 2 queens? Not sure what suite that is unless it is a Portofino or Villa suite with the extra bedroom added on (we've had the villa suite with one king bedroom at one end, a living and dining room in the middle and the 2 queen room at the other end---it is lovely but not really necessary unless you need the separate living spaces and the 3 bathrooms!). In that case, it would be cheaper for them to switch you to the 2 queen room with club access.

I'm confused about the "1 Deluxe Suite(1 king room with 2 queens)". Before you do anything I would check to see what room/suite you actually have and also see if they gave you Club services attached to your suite. You may have a suite with CL.

You may have to wait to check-in to find out. But, like damo said if they have you in a Suite and you want to move to a dlx with CL that would be cheaper.

Maybe you could keep the suite and add CL on for a nominal fee.

We have stayed in both a Portofino Suite and a Villa Suite - loved the Villa Suite! :goodvibes

Another thing. Portofino doesn't really have club level. They have a club lounge which is beside the lobby. You can have a room pretty much anywhere in the west wing or villa wing and still have easy access to the club lounge.

melanie posted this is their first stay at PBH.

it does sound like a villa since there will be 2 rooms involved, king bed and 2 queens. and, it does overlook the pool...

melanie, you have enough beds in what is booked.
you and the mr take the king bed, the son and daughter will have their own queen bed.

do you want the switch so you will be on the same floor as the club lounge?

if that is the case, it is not really any problem to be on a different floor than the lounge floor.

maybe she is concerned about being on the same floor as club and closer to it for the convenience?

Sorry I was typing too fast. It is the Deluxe Room...it has the adjoining rooms 1 king room and one 2 queen room. We were just thinking of asking for a Pool View 2 queen room on Club level instead of the Deluxe 1 king room with adjoining 2 queen room without club.

Sorry I was typing too fast. It is the Deluxe Room...it has the adjoining rooms 1 king room and one 2 queen room. We were just thinking of asking for a Pool View 2 queen room on Club level instead of the Deluxe 1 king room with adjoining 2 queen room without club.

i got it now.

you want to be upgraded to club as it wasn't in the contest win.

i say call them and ask if it is possible to switch.
if you want free club, ask them if that can happen also.

if you want to be on the same floor as the lounge, that would be the lobby level.

So its not a suite but 2 connecting deluxe rooms ,one with a king bed the other with two queens?

Or does it have a parlor that connects to a room on each side? (that would be a suite)

anyone that stays at PBH and on club, can be placed on any floor.

the lounge is on floor 3, the lobby level.

guests with club can be found throughout pbh.

Based on what you have stated I do think you have a suite of some type and you may be pleasantly surprised that you have club services. You can call and ask the front desk and if they say no ask if you can add it.

Here is the information they sent me when they booked it for me.

I thank you for your patience! We have you reserved in two guestrooms arriving September 29th and departing on October 2nd for a 3 night stay. One room will have a King bed and the second room will have two Queen beds. You confirmation numbers are XXXXXXX and XXXXXXX and I have sent both email confirmation letters to you as well for your records and a note about the daily $50 Food & Beverage credit has been place on both reservations. Please make sure to bring your certificate with you to the hotel and present it to the Front Desk upon check in.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us once again and please let me know if you need anything else as I will happy to assist you! Have a great day!

We are fine with just one room with 2 queens. We spend our days at the park, then dinner, then to the pool until shower and bed. So we are not in our room except to sleep and shower. We would rather have one room with club access rather than 2 rooms with no access. Thanks for letting me know there is no club level. I was just going to ask when we arrive if we could just switch it to one room with club access. I am pretty sure we can't do this...but can we upgrade to club level for free with our Gold Status?

Here is the information they sent me when they booked it for me.

I thank you for your patience! We have you reserved in two guestrooms arriving September 29th and departing on October 2nd for a 3 night stay. One room will have a King bed and the second room will have two Queen beds. You confirmation numbers are XXXXXXX and XXXXXXX and I have sent both email confirmation letters to you as well for your records and a note about the daily $50 Food & Beverage credit has been place on both reservations. Please make sure to bring your certificate with you to the hotel and present it to the Front Desk upon check in.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us once again and please let me know if you need anything else as I will happy to assist you! Have a great day!

We are fine with just one room with 2 queens. We spend our days at the park, then dinner, then to the pool until shower and bed. So we are not in our room except to sleep and shower. We would rather have one room with club access rather than 2 rooms with no access. Thanks for letting me know there is no club level. I was just going to ask when we arrive if we could just switch it to one room with club access. I am pretty sure we can't do this...but can we upgrade to club level for free with our Gold Status?

OK - not a suite but 2 rooms that connect with a $50 daily food credit for each room. No free upgrades to club no matter what status level you are.

Can't you call and ask that you have club access instead of the food credit? It would be about the same price.

Did you deal with anyone specifically at the hotel when you made these reservations? If so, I would send them off an email and ask if what you want is possible. I would try and have it straightened out prior to getting there.

By adding club you wouldn't need that food credit and you could end up keeping both rooms.

It sounds like you've already been working with someone directly from the hotel. I had to do this when we had a certificate at RPR for a hospitality suite. I would call the person you've been dealing with and ask them if it is possible to make that change. She'd have way more leeway than the front desk at check in.

melanie, you should call soon and talk to the person you have been working with about the change you want.

the hotels do fill up many times due to the time period you will be there.

hhn brings many to stay onsite for weekends.

don't wait until you check in but call now.

if i remember correctly, the $50 food credit was part of the contest win.

OK - not a suite but 2 rooms that connect with a $50 daily food credit for each room. No free upgrades to club no matter what status level you are.

Can't you call and ask that you have club access instead of the food credit? It would be about the same price.

The club access upcharge is usually about $100. Personally, I'd keep the things the way they are. You are getting $100 food credit per day. I would rather use that at the various restaurants at the 3 hotels than have the club service. I think you'd get more value for your $100 food credit than the club service.

but if they switched to one queen room, the food credit would be $50 a day.

right now they have 2 rooms with $100 per day food credit.

The club access upcharge is usually about $100. Personally, I'd keep the things the way they are. You are getting $100 food credit per day. I would rather use that at the various restaurants at the 3 hotels than have the club service. I think you'd get more value for your $100 food credit than the club service.

Right that's why I said it's about the same.

Like you, I would keep the credit but not sure how many kids they have so club could be worthwhile to them. Breakfast alone could eat a huge part of that daily credit. Add all the drinks, water, snacks a family could truly benefit more with CL than the credit.

Melanie, I sent you a PM with an email address - she can help you if you want to drop her a message.

but if they switched to one queen room, the food credit would be $50 a day.

right now they have 2 rooms with $100 per day food credit.

My impression was that they would switch to one room and have it club...then there would be no daily food credit.

I would leave it the way it is and use that daily $100 food credit. The resort food is better than the club food, IMO.

We found that we didn't their afternoon offerings, so we just got breakfast and the evening stuff at the club lounge at PBH. For us, we wouldn't have used $100/day at club. You can get the same breakfast offerings at Sal's as at club and then use the remaining balance towards a nice dinner at one of the three hotels.

Now if you can get them to eliminate your one room, upgrade you to club and keep the $100 daily food credit, that would be a good deal.

My impression was that they would switch to one room and have it club...then there would be no daily food credit.

I would leave it the way it is and use that daily $100 food credit. The resort food is better than the club food, IMO.

We found that we didn't their afternoon offerings, so we just got breakfast and the evening stuff at the club lounge at PBH. For us, we wouldn't have used $100/day at club. You can get the same breakfast offerings at Sal's as at club and then use the remaining balance towards a nice dinner at one of the three hotels.

Now if you can get them to eliminate your one room, upgrade you to club and keep the $100 daily food credit, that would be a good deal.

I have to agree with damo.
i don't remember if melanie stated they would be doing hhn during their stay.

if they are, club will go to waste for them and they are better off with the food credit they won in the contest.

last year at club for me, i used it maybe twice during a 9 day stay.
it wasn't that the food wasn't good at rph, but i couldn't schedule my time around the hours they had.

i used it mainly for fresh coffee during the afternoon, and the 5:00 offering twice.
what i did have was excellent last year.

i did 4 nights of hhn and was in the park that afternoon until hhn closed.
did the early entry for most of the days except when i slept in to 11:00 on a saturday..

had dinner plans with other homies during the non hhn nights.

i just didn't have the time to use the club as others do.

if melanie is only having a 3 day stay, her family might not be able to utilize the club to their advantage.

early entry to the parks would wipe out the breakfast offerings.
if they do hhn, that would wipe out the 5-10 lounge time period.
that would leave them with afternoon snacks, water, soda during the day.

concierge in the lobby can do the same things that concierge in the lounge can provide for the guests.

if she keeps both rooms as is, they would have that $100 of food credits.
that would include room service if they wanted to eat in their rooms after hhn.

but, if they are not planning to do hhn at all, that is a different scenario.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter