Xmas Spectacular-Dis Cruise Day 5

jgalecpa

<font color=green>DANG, that is one big fish!</fon
Xmas Magic Trip report, Day 5. Cozumel. Christmas Eve.
Sunny, hot about 85 degrees

After my morning walk, went up on bridge to watch us dock. Sure beats tendering in! We docked among about 5 billion dollars worth of ships.

We walked off and made our way to the shopping center (mille Fiscal?) mentioned in the passporter and got some Great deals. Really willing to bargain here and much less crowded than the stores on the main drag.

Got a taxi out to Mr. Sanchos. $15, just like the board said (ask BEFORE you get in the cab). Had a good lunch there, and chilled on the beach and did some more unpacking (of my money). Shopping here IS good and the people will barter. Don’t be afraid to.

We sunbathed on the beach, then Bonnie and her group arrived from their trip (Chakanaab?).

By this time we were pretty tired so around 3:30 we headed back to the beach. So we thought. We got caught up shopping in the mall just at the end of the dock where we did some more unpacking (of my money).

The DD’s had signed up for the “teen fury cruise” (reviews = only so-so, and they served only snacks and the cruise was at dinnertime). So what are parent’s to do? Go back to Palo! This time there were about seven of us and they gave us the center table. Bonnie and Jamie, Dawn, Greg (P3Guy) and Tina, and Rieann and myself. Keith and Lynn had already made ressies for an intimate dinner for two, but after some obscene hand gestures across Palo, they were convinced to come and join us for the amazing soufflé desserts. Apparently Lynn considers Bellinis desserts.

(Okay, true confession. Rieann and I did the “Disney Double-Dip” We were told by Liam and Beata not to miss the Mexicalifragilistic show, so we went to our regular dining room, had an appetizer, watched the show, rushed to the room, threw on a tie and went to Palo. WARNING: This trick was done by professionals. Do Not attempt at home!).

After dinner, on to the sail-away party! We all met on deck 9 for the sail away party. I had packed two bottles of Irish Egg Nog (AKA Bailey’s Irish Cream) and brought one up to the party. Greg and Tina came up and Greg’s eyes lit up like a Baghdad sky! The party was on! No one was allowed to stay seated. We had such a good time. Everyone was dancing, laughing teasing and even pretending they were ornaments (right Keith and Jamie!).

Before you knew it, the second bottle came out and was soon dispensed with.

It was a Christmas Eve I’ll never forget. We closed the place down!

What is the Mexicali party? Is this something that takes place during dinner?? What exactly is it??

I love Bailey's too..."Irish Egg Nog" :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter