Xmas Spectacular-Disc Cruise Day 4

jgalecpa

<font color=green>DANG, that is one big fish!</fon
Xmas Magic Trip report, Day 4. Cayman Islands

Sunny, bright, about 88 degrees!

We booked with Capt. Marvin’s for the stingray tour, so along with Bonnie’s crew, we tendered off (no problem) and walked two blocks down. No sooner than did I warn everyone since they drive on the left that you needed to look right for oncoming traffic did some tourist do just that and drove his rental car right out into the side of a truck!

After checking in we went to Rackman’s (Sp.?) shopped around and went back to Marvin’s. Marvin’s is very well run and no to be missed. Van took us out to Stingray City. Beautiful boat trip out and got the not-to-be-missed experience of jumping in the water and feeding/holding the stingrays. Also, every female over two months squeals continuously for the first 10 minutes.

It was great. After unblocking my ears we went to a reef where we got to snorkel as well. Just amazing. DON’T MISS CAPT MARVINS!!!

Also, when we got back we heard the Disney excursion (who does not use Capt. Marvin’s) had been cancelled in the PM for “rough water”. I know some people were greatly disappointed. We did not see the rough water!

Came back to town and went to Rackman’s for unpacking (of my money) and shopping. We also had a lovely bite to eat there sitting on the deck with the ship in the background. Lovely pictures nice food and have a Stingray beer.

We shopped around; I bought a Cuban cigar and the girls loaded up on souvenirs then back to the ship.

Bonnie’s girls and ours met up for dinner, while Bonnie, her DH Jamie, my DW Rieann and I went to PALO for dinner. What a time. Great food, great service, no kids. You do the math.

The days all run together, so I’m not sure which shows we went to when. I’m pretty sure by this time we were fixtures for the late show at Rocking D bar, with Keith, Lynn, Bonnie, Jamie and Dawn in attendance. Keith wasn’t keen on dancing but Lynn sure was!

Only Sad note was we heard that Nate Page had passed away. A new angel was born today.

Jim, I am so excited we are doing Marvins in 17 days. Did you do the half day? If so how was the snorkeling?

We did the half day and the snorkelling was GREAT!

I didn't even realize it was included.

Jim

PS By half day I mean"two hours" and it was plenty for me.

We did the 1/2 day when we went in 2002. The 1/2 day adds one more snorkling spot out where the water really drops off. We did the morning one (something like 8:30 departure?) and it worked out well.

I really liked Capt. Marvin's!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter