• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yacht and Beach club to MGM - how long will it take to walk? get the boat?

BevS97

disney scrapper
we are planning on leaving Katie at the sandcastle club at the Y&B while we go and see Fantasmic - I've just looked and there is a 4 hour maximum stay at the Sandcastle Club, So I'm trying to work out the timings,

6:30 - drop her off
7:00 - arrive at park (is this enough time to get to MGM)
7:00-7:30 - one quick ride on R&RC (can't do this with DD as I need to hold DH hand, I'm too scared to go on my own)
7:30 - dinner reservation - any suggestions for dinner package that will take < 1 hour?
8:30 - head into show and find seats
9:00 - SHOW TIME
9:30 - attempt to leave park along with massive crowds and get back to Y&B - I guess at this point walking would be quickest?
10:30 - Back by 10:30 to pick up little princess??

I am assuming that if Katie is at the Sandcastle Club, we can leave the car at the Y&B, and that it's faster to walk or take the launch rather than move the car? Is that right?
How long will it take to get from the Y&B to MGM? Is half an hour long enough? I've left an hour after the show because I've heard it's very hard to get out of the park - again, is that enough?
I would hate to be late back, although I don't think they would kick her out into the streets!

Bev

Bev,

We tried the boat a couple of times, but it was very slow, and that was leaving before Fantasmic. I'd say the bus was quicker, especially as they are all stacked up after Fantasmic.

I'd say it takes 15-20 minutes to walk it - definately the quickest way at park closing, the boat only takes about 5-10, but obviously you have to wait for it, plus, I can't remember the stop order for the MGM boat, so you may be stopping at the other hotels first which takes an age.

I think a hour is about right for getting out of the park. The main problem is the bottleneck of people actually getting out of the theatre, so if you're sitting near the exit and can get up and out straight away, otherwise you're stuck behind all the people shuffling from their seats (Think end Lion King Show at AK if you've ever been stuck near a back row, but times 10!)

Penny :)

We used the boat from the International Gateway to MGM several times on our recent trip. They seem to run pretty frequently. We never waited more than 10 minutes. The first stop is the Boardwalk, followed by the Beach and Yacht club,the Swan and Dolphin then on to MGM. it would probably take about 10 minutes for your trip. I did notice long lines waiting when we got out of MGM last week. This would be even worse after Fantasmic as people flood out of the park. A bus might be a better option. You shouldn't have a problem getting back by 10:30.
Tracy

Bev,

You may be cutting it a little fine if you only leave 1 hour for dinner.
My advice would be to give RnR a miss and have more time to eat. There is nothing worse than rushing your meal in a nice restaurant.

My vote also goes for walking. 15 - 20 minutes is about right and it is a very nice (romantic?) stroll along the waterfront back to Y&B.

Kev

Hi Bev :wave:

Katie will LOVE the Sandcastle Club. My two went there on our last trip and thought it was great. What we didn't know was that a meal was included andwe had fed them beforehand, so they didn't eat their meal in the club. :rolleyes:

We went to Epcot when they were in the club, had an awful long wait for the boat, I had wished we had walked! I have never walked to MGM but it may work out quicker than the boat, it's anyone's guess really, depends if a boat arrives as you walk out of the hotel!

BTW, get to the Sandcastle Club about 6.15 as you have to fill in forms and register Katie and also if you are like us, you will want to hover for a few minutes to make sure she is OK. They will give you a bleeper just in case they need to contact you.

When we returned to the club, they were lay on the floor with pillows and duvets watching a Disney Video, so cute! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter