Yak & Yeti versus tusker house

CB11

Earning My Ears
This November my family and I will be visiting Disney World for the first time. It'll be 4 of us (our children are six and four).
I was wondering is Yak & Yeti or Tusker house better for dinner? We don't care about the character dining. We just want to eat somewhere where the food is good.
Thanks so much!!

Yak & Yeti is amazing food. It is Asian. We eat there each trip. Tusker House is a buffet and has lots of unique items on the buffet for dinner, more African inspired. If you do a search on google you can find the menu's for both. I think it would depend on what your family likes.

Based on food only, my vote is Yak & Yeti.
I only go to Tusker House if I am looking for characters.

Another vote for Yak and Yeti... in addition to good food the themeing of the restaurant is wonderful and totally immersive. There's a fun back story you can research and tell your kids about when you are there.

Yak and Yeti has delicious food and drinks. We have returned at least 6 different times for their food.All of the appetizers, and entrees were excellent. We never tried Tusker House to compare.

Have you considered Tusker House for breakfast? We really enjoyed it on our last trip. I booked it again for our next trip (we are also doing Yak and Yeti for dinner!)

If you are interested in the ROL show, you can get the package at Tusker House. If you are on the dining plan, it is only 1 TS credit.

Depends if you want characters or not. At 4 and 6 my kids would have preferred the character meal. But the food is good at both.

After reading this thread, I'm now trying to figure out how we can fit in a meal at Yak and Yeti. The menu is really appealing. Breakfast at Tusker House is a tradition for us and a meal we really enjoy, so Y&Y is not a restaurant I previously considered.

We are so excited about dining at Yak and Yeti. The menu looks scrumptious (and Asian cuisine is my absolute favorite). Theming looks interesting also.

I think you have good taste, Seaotter Girl. :D Y&Y is a fantastic restaurant.

Thanks to my reading about the ahi tuna nachos in the dining reviews of @kastoney we ordered them last trip, and I gotta say it—they were to-die-for! Out of this world delicious and unusual plus it was a huge portion and an incredible value considering the amount of quality tuna in it.

The Kobe beef burger I had last September was phenomenal. Outrageously tasty with the smoked Gouda and mushroom topping.

I hope your meal is as good as our last three visits there. :)

We are doing two days at AK, so will do TH one morning (it's our kids' favorite breakfast) and will try Yak and Yeti for dinner for the first time. In the past, we have been so full from breakfast that we did not eat another sit down meal, just snacks. I am excited to try it!

I think you have good taste, Seaotter Girl. :D Y&Y is a fantastic restaurant.

Thanks to my reading about the ahi tuna nachos in the dining reviews of @kastoney we ordered them last trip, and I gotta say it—they were to-die-for! Out of this world delicious and unusual plus it was a huge portion and an incredible value considering the amount of quality tuna in it.

The Kobe beef burger I had last September was phenomenal. Outrageously tasty with the smoked Gouda and mushroom topping.

I hope your meal is as good as our last three visits there. :)

My husband is a burger lover, thanks for the recommendation!

This November my family and I will be visiting Disney World for the first time. It'll be 4 of us (our children are six and four).
I was wondering is Yak & Yeti or Tusker house better for dinner? We don't care about the character dining. We just want to eat somewhere where the food is good.
Thanks so much!!

We LOVE yak and yeti. It's always one of our favorite meals of the trip every time. Every single thing we've had has been phenomenal, and The place also has a very cool atmosphere. It's also a nice break too from the limited children's options at most Disney restaurants, it has about 10 traditional kid's options to choose from. My husband also has ordered the burger before and said it's the best he's ever had.

Tusker house was ok for us..not bad but a cafeteria type feel. And we also had the Boma buffet earlier in the trip and Tusker house couldn't compare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter