• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Year of a Million Dreams lanyard?????

karters*mom

Vacation_Junkie ☼
how would we get a year of a million dream lanyard?
We are going on our first disney trip. Surprising my son for his 8th b-day. I would like to find one to put a few special pins on that we buy there pins on and then put in a shadow box with a few other Disney pics/items as a special momento of his Surprise trip.

Can you buy them? Where?

thanks for your help!

In order to get one of the Year of a Million Dreams lanyard with the two pins on it, you just have to be at the right place at the right time. They have the dream squad, that gets notified on where and when to hand out the Year of a Million Dream prizes. So there is no way for the guests to know, where the Dream squad will be and what they are giving away. So don't feel bad if can't get your hands on one, lot's of people don't get anything from the Dream squad. But who knows you could get lucky!

Just in case though, if you go to Downtown Disney they have a huge pin store there where you can buy lanyard sets or you can buy a lanyard by itself and buy what pins you want to put on it! They should have a lanyard there, that has the year on it( 2008), which would be a real good one to get for your son( so he can remember what year he was there~for his first trip! That's where I buy most all of my Disney pins from, they have the most to pick from! Also at the pin store at Downtown Disney and through out Disney World, you can do pin trading with the Cast Members( just look for Cast Members, wearing a lanyard). The Cast Members have to trade with you. Your son might get a kick out of doing that too!

I hope you guy's have a wonderful first trip to Disney World!!!! And that your son has an awesome 8th birthday at Disney World too! I know you all will have a Blast!!!!!! Be sure to stop at Guest Services before going into the Magic Kingdom, so you all can get a button that says "My first trip to Disney World" and a "It's my birthday" button for your son!

Also, I had been given a lanyard by a YOMD squad person who just stopped to talk to us.

Are the 08 pins and lanyard different from the 07?

In order to get one of the Year of a Million Dreams lanyard with the two pins on it, you just have to be at the right place at the right time. They have the dream squad, that gets notified on where and when to hand out the Year of a Million Dream prizes. So there is no way for the guests to know, where the Dream squad will be and what they are giving away. So don't feel bad if can't get your hands on one, lot's of people don't get anything from the Dream squad. But who knows you could get lucky!

Just in case though, if you go to Downtown Disney they have a huge pin store there where you can buy lanyard sets or you can buy a lanyard by itself and buy what pins you want to put on it! They should have a lanyard there, that has the year on it( 2008), which would be a real good one to get for your son( so he can remember what year he was there~for his first trip! That's where I buy most all of my Disney pins from, they have the most to pick from! Also at the pin store at Downtown Disney and through out Disney World, you can do pin trading with the Cast Members( just look for Cast Members, wearing a lanyard). The Cast Members have to trade with you. Your son might get a kick out of doing that too!

I hope you guy's have a wonderful first trip to Disney World!!!! And that your son has an awesome 8th birthday at Disney World too! I know you all will have a Blast!!!!!! Be sure to stop at Guest Services before going into the Magic Kingdom, so you all can get a button that says "My first trip to Disney World" and a "It's my birthday" button for your son!

I will make sure to get those buttons..i also have 3 custom t-shirts being made for him so everyone will know its his b-day and he'll be sooo excited....

1 says I'm turning 8 today with Birthday boy on the back!

2nd one says I'm turning 8 at disney.

3rd one says I'm having a disney birthday.with birthday boy on the back....he will be so surprised

Last year when I was at Disney World, we were just randomly waiting outside of Test Track in Epcot, 2 "Dream Makers" randomly walked up to our party of 8 and handed us the Year of a Million Dreams lanyards. You can't buy them, they have to be given to you by the Dream Makers, that's what they told us.

Also, I had been given a lanyard by a YOMD squad person who just stopped to talk to us.

Are the 08 pins and lanyard different from the 07?

They seem unfinished! No castle on them this year and the lanyards are a pretty blue verses the grey last year. I like the color of the lanyards this year but the pins and logos for 2007 are much nicer!

Charleyann

We got ours getting off of Space Mountain. A girl fromthe dreamsquad was waiting there and handed them to like 6 of us. Very nice gift :)

My DS7 and I got ours on Tower of Terror
while waiting to get on the elevators
The whole room won them, it was very cool!
I gave mine to my youngest DS4 so they both had them:)

I will make sure to get those buttons..i also have 3 custom t-shirts being made for him so everyone will know its his b-day and he'll be sooo excited....

1 says I'm turning 8 today with Birthday boy on the back!

2nd one says I'm turning 8 at disney.

3rd one says I'm having a disney birthday.with birthday boy on the back....he will be so surprised

We did the same thing when my son turned 8...my husband who is an artist made the t-shirts and drew my son in a Disney style. Boy, did that get attention! He was picked to open DHS and got free candy from one of the shops there, phone calls from characters, etc...we did Chef Mickeys that night and it was just awesome! He had a great birthday! Is your son an actor? That pic looks like a headshot to me!:cool2:

Have a memorable trip and say Happy Birthday to him from me!:cool1:

We did the same thing when my son turned 8...my husband who is an artist made the t-shirts and drew my son in a Disney style. Boy, did that get attention! He was picked to open DHS and got free candy from one of the shops there, phone calls from characters, etc...we did Chef Mickeys that night and it was just awesome! He had a great birthday! Is your son an actor? That pic looks like a headshot to me!:cool2:

Have a memorable trip and say Happy Birthday to him from me!:cool1:

Yes .He works in the Entertainment industry as a Child Model / Actor....Commercials..etc..

We are excited about the trip!
I'm excited about him seeing his shirts.
And the special Birthday boy attention he will get!
:dance3:

My daughter and I got ours after meeting Donald, Pluto and Goofy at Toontown, very nice gift :)

2 friends of mine got them getting off the MK train in one of the lands. Everyone who got off at the exit (there were only a few of them) got the lanyards & the special mickey ears. It was a randomly selected location that day for those prizes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter