Year of Million Dreams -- anyone else get something yet? Post your wishes won here!

FYI...

You can subscribe by just clicking above on the 'Thread Tools' and then choosing "subscribe to this thread". You do not have to post to a thread to subscribe to it.

That way those who are already subscribed (like me) don't come running to the thread to see if someone posted a new magical story only to find out its just another person 'subscribing'.

These stories are great. Leaving in 13 days. Can't wait. I'll be celebrating turning 40 so I'll have to get the birthday button!!! Would love to spend some time handing out wishes myself. How fun!!!

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the thread! That makes me feel pixiedust: ! I forgot to mention that I saw some other wishes granted while I was there. They had people chosen to be the grand marshals of the afternoon parade that got special gold ears and a ride in the parade. It was really cool, too. I'm not sure how or when they were chosen and I'd love to hear some of those stories, too!!

I already posted this in another thread but last Sunday my son and I were picked to be family pf the hour at MGM, the CM walked us to RNR, took us in the back and got us on theride with no wait. At the end she was waiting for us and bought our picture for us.
I was MORE then excited!

I didn't read the whole thread, but if you go to allears.net, they list most of the prizes that they will be giving away. Will be there in just over two weeks, hopefully we can win something.

I had a magical moment last Feb. My sister collects pins and wanted a 2005 pin- I asked in 3 stores and when I asked at the BWV store the CM went in back and then said "I'm sorry, we don't have any left". But while I was shopping another CM came over to me and said I have one to trade. I was like oh awesome, but since I don't collect the pins I said, let me go buy one and we will trade, Which one would you like? She said, oh no, just take this one, you don't have to buy one to trade with me. And after going back and forth(yes I do, no you don't etc), I finally let her give it to me.

I have to say that made my week and the funny thing is that my sister got the pin, but I got the better gift, I got the MAGIC!!

This is wonderful. My family is going to be at WDW from Dec 16-29. I hope I see tons of these little "Magical Moments". It would be nice to receive one or two, but it would also be nice to see the little kids get something. I love the idea of handing out glow sticks at the parades. We just got back from a Disney Cruise on Saturday, and a little girl was handing out glow bracelets at the Pirates Party. All the little kids appreciated them so much. Maybe we will try to do something like this.

We just returned from our disneymoon and we had several Magical Moments!!!
1) Grand Marshall's of the 3:00 MK parade on 9/13.
2) We were taken on a honeymoon safari at AK. (This is an official Wish that they're trying out... we were only the 3rd couple to be given this.)
3) Magical moments certificate at Buzz Lightyear
4) VIP seating for both parades on 9/15 MNSSHP
5) Front of the monorail seating (without asking for it!!!)
6) Upgraded room at BWV to the Boardwalk view from standard view.
7) Upgraded room at Vero Beach to Ocean view from standard view.
8) Several free desserts at dinner
9) Free bottle of water at MGM
10) A large handful of pins (about 10) all cast lanyards - free.
11) Wonderful conversations with many CM's including a very special Guest Services CM - DOUG!!!!

Thank you to all the wonderful CM's that made such a difference on our honeymoon!!!

I'm sure that there are more, but after my first day at work... I'm just too tired to think !!! I'll write about more as I think of them!!!

On our trip last May my now 2 year old was 8 months old and he received so much magic but the most memorable was when we were stading outside SM in the midst of baby swap we met the nicest CM who ended up giving him his first Mickey pin!!!

She ended up "talking" with him for over 15 minutes and had such a great time By the end of it we had stickers, pins and Fast passes for the whole family( 8 total) for both SM and BTMRR

He wore the Mickey pin on his hat for the rest of the trip and everyone would ask where we bought the hat!!!!!

I of course made sure that we sent a great letter about the magic we received and ended up sharing some of the fast passes with another family as well
DSC02961.jpg

Subscribing and will give my two quick Magic Moments from last trip:

1) Chip,Dale and Mickey throwing me out of my seat and spending extra time with my character shy DS4 at the Garden Grill ,he couldnt get enough of the characters from that point on.

2) Coming to the top of the stairs at Cinderellas Royal Table and finding Cinderella kneeling in front of same son holding his hands whispering something to him and kissing him on the cheek. (he and DW rode up on the elevator with her),she had handed him a handful of pixie dust told him to put it under his pillow tonight and he would have magical dreams, we still have the pixie dust its in a pouch on a shelf in his room.

A few years ago we went to CRT and my then 8 year old daughter very eagerly told Cinderella "My little sister is wearing the same dress I wore when I came to see you 5 years ago." Cinderella did not miss a beat. She said "I thought I recognized the dress and my you have grown up so much" She even referred to her by name, having picked it up from walking in on the conversation. I think intellectually DD knew it was not the same "Cinderella" but that did not matter. We all felt the magic. Later, on the same trip, at the MNSSHP my daugter was dressed as Belle - just like hundreds of other girls there - She was delighted when a CM asked her for an autograph. I took a photo of her signing - she wrote her name and then she wrote - "future Belle on Broadway" We love telling that story because she is such a little actress.She will be 12 on our next trip and I am hoping to keep the magic going!

While we can't go back until September -07, I am mailing a postcard each for me, DH and DD EVERY day for as long as the celebration lasts :rotfl:

I bought 100 prestamped, prepaid postcards at the postoffice for 26.00 and will buy more before they are gone.

My thinking is, if you mail in you have a chance (if not being able to be at WDW) a chance just aswell as anyone else.

I mail them every day, except of course Sundays, maybe we'll win something, maybe not :thumbsup2

last week at the mk a cm gave my son who turned 3 that day 10 fast passes for any ride in the mk

also on our trip last week at mgm right before the stars and cars parade,our friend on vacaction with us camera was having promblems and a cm tried to fix it and when he was not able to he went into the camera shop and brought back a disposible at no charge

Wow! These are the kind of things I try to explain to non-Disney friends but can never quite get across. We will always be Disney-fanatics (DH & I), even when our two DDs are on their own (sooner rather than later since they are now 14 and 18).

We'll be there in less than 4 weeks and hope we get to witness some of these moments.

You all are making it soooo hard to wait until my March '07 trip!!! I wish the whole world would practice what Disney does--this world would be a much better place!

Boo99 said:
I didn't read the whole thread, but if you go to allears.net, they list most of the prizes that they will be giving away. Will be there in just over two weeks, hopefully we can win something.
The beauty of this thread is that it turns out it isn't about the prize list - it is about
- the CM that stops and gets to know you
- characters that make the kids feel special
- a little dose of pixie dust when someone needs it most.

And oh, BTW, here's a night's stay in the castle from the prize list. :goodvibes

We'll be there in 36 days, spending 10 days onsite. I'm curious to see how long before this promotion has a serious effect on the crowd - by lifting spirits (even higher!) and making people generally nicer. Not that it was bad, but something like this is bound to make it better.

I was worried Nov was a bad time to go. No longer! This is a brilliant only-Disney-could-pull-it-off idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter